X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

He is 28 dude
    What development? Lol
    He choked under pressure of playing for biggest club of his career! And that in Iran!
    Not trying to throw the guy under bus, but not him, neither Moghanlou, Alipour or any of these guys are TM forward solution!
    Regarding Moghanlou 8 caps, 5 as sub, 2 goals! Not great not bad either!
    I agree Zahedi should have got more chance but the moment you start to get some hope about him he disappeared for a while! Either in Ukraine or Hungry or Iran!
    While Moghanlou despite all hate he is being top scorer for 3 years!
    Everywhere in world as TM coach you cannot ignore the local league top scorer specially with his profile veut ou veut pas like they say in French!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The point I was trying to make was specifically about early development when he was age 20-21, in comparison with the other players. Those key years which really impact career trajectory

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Enayati was also IPL topscorer. Moghanlou doesn't even deserve to be in a team like Sepahan who should develop and play their young gems instead of such players. He can thank penalty kick and some bottom league swiss cheese defense to make his stats.
      You probably are not old enough to remember whole Enayati saga lol
      Moghanlou is in exact same situation as Enayati and FYI people claimed he should start over Daei( yes old Daei but still lol)

Now people questioning Moghanlou invitation
      Come on, stats don't lie!
      You can hate him, fine but every coach will have soft spot for player with such profile ( same as Zahedi if he keeps perform)

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

The point I was trying to make was specifically about early development when he was age 20-21, in comparison with the other players. Those key years which really impact career trajectory
        Fair enough nima

Comment

You probably are not old enough to remember whole Enayati saga lol
          Moghanlou is in exact same situation as Enayati and FYI people claimed he should start over Daei( yes old Daei but still lol)

Now people questioning Moghanlou invitation
          Come on, stats don't lie!
          You can hate him, fine but every coach will have soft spot for player with such profile ( same as Zahedi if he keeps perform)

Stats lies and are not everything. Context, caracteristic, potential, style are also to take into account.

He got invited and got more than enough playing time because of stats, he fails big time. He failed in Portugal, in TM, in Sepahan too when things get more serious/difficult.

If stats where enough, squad selection would be done by any random guy from the street.

Comment

Moghanlou​ The only reason he is in a team
            like sepahan and even made to TM is cause he is a hezbollahi that is it …..

he sucks , he is not even good enough for IPL , ppl that think he is good , really need to sit down and watch the games closes and analyze him as a players, his movement , his touch , everything is awkward from him, and if you watch careful you see that this guy is actually awful…… awful …..

Comment

What make you think he is not?
              How many goals zahedi scored in TM?
              How many caps he has?
              How many goals he scored in crappy IPL?

They are more or less at same level
              Is not like you comparing this guy with Sardar lol

I think Moghanlou would do well bc he can physically dominate in a league like this but aside from getting goals from physical dominance I don’t see him doing anything close to what Zahedi has done by getting goals with finesse, intelligence, and extremely impressive shooting.

Zahedi has had almost no TM chances vs moghanlou who has been in many TM camps, a AC tournament and has looked awful in just about all ~10 or so caps.

Zahedi IMO is certainly a level above moghanlou and I think his success in different places shows it. Moghanlou is not above PGPL standard.

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Moghanlou would kill in this league.
              6'5" beast who loves open space.
              I disagree….i don’t think moghanlou would do bad in this league but I don’t think he would dominate the way Zahedi has. They have big Brazilians and Montenegrins that come into their league all the time and they do well but what Zahedi is doing there is unprecedented at this point. They get tons and tons of good quality foreign players and anyone who is familiar with J League will tell you there are very few if any players that have gotten off to the kind of start Zahedi has.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Asadi and Moghanlou with 20 caps between them whereas Zahedi gets few minutes in one nothing match

Don't get me wrong, I liked Queiroz but I am angry with him about this guy - anyone who sees him play knows that we haven't had someone as direct as him and he has special traits which could have been developed.

Not as annoyed as PP setup and fans. Imagine if Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh were at PP or SS when they were 19-21....

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post
                  Moghanlou​ The only reason he is in a team
                  like sepahan and even made to TM is cause he is a hezbollahi that is it …..

he sucks , he is not even good enough for IPL , ppl that think he is good , really need to sit down and watch the games closes and analyze him as a players, his movement , his touch , everything is awkward from him, and if you watch careful you see that this guy is actually awful…… awful …..
                  Loooool
                  I stopped reading as soon as i saw he is not good enough for IPL
                  3 yrs top scorer!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Stats lies and are not everything. Context, caracteristic, potential, style are also to take into account.

He got invited and got more than enough playing time because of stats, he fails big time. He failed in Portugal, in TM, in Sepahan too when things get more serious/difficult.

If stats where enough, squad selection would be done by any random guy from the street.
                    Failed big time???
                    2 goals in 3 start out of 8 caps
                    Dont be harsh!
                    Selection is done based of combination of everything including stats!
                    You simply can not ignore a guy who is league top scorer 3 season in raw( even though he was ignored few times!!)

Comment

Failed big time???
                      2 goals in 3 start out of 8 caps
                      Dont be harsh!
                      Selection is done based of combination of everything including stats!
                      You simply can not ignore a guy who is league top scorer 3 season in raw( even though he was ignored few times!!)

2 goals against an asian minnow while playing with a dominant asian team. Beside the 2 goals, how many missed opportunities, turnovers?

Also why only count the start? He played plenty of time after being subbed in

Comment

The goals he is scoring are of a very high quality.

moghanlou had a lot of chances in TM under Gn. He honestly failed in all of them, whether against Kenya, Russia, HK or the game vs Qatar.

He is just way too 1 dimensional at higher level. This was already verified in Portugal. He is a big body but really it ends there. His linkup play is actually awful, his speed is lacking, he ends up slide tackling 10x as much as and CF I’ve seen bc he is too slow to get to most balls into space, his shooting from distance lacks control or finesse. Everything about him screams wild and lacking control. He is not an intelligent fwd either.

our league is a mess. Shahab needed the right environment to show himself again and he is doing more than that. He definitely is a more worthy backup to sardar and mehdi than moghanlou. Although I strongly think saharkhizan should be considered as well. Again, he doesn’t have moghanlous domestic stats but just 20 mins of watching his linkup play, movement and overall game IQ will tell you that this kid has a much better chance of succeeding at a higher level than moghanlou ever did

Comment

J league is much better than Iranian league

Look at the Asian champions league winners over the last decade or two

Look at the depth of the league and how many good teams there are

Look at the coaches, look at the facilities

And look at the opta stats and global league ranking compared to others

That should be enough

Comment

Wowww what a goal

Comment

Another assist for Shahab as they win 3-2 away in Kyoto

They are now up to 9th in the J-league! It's quite close and they are only four points away from 3rd place and ACL qualification. If their form holds they will be possibly looking at continental competition.

Comment

Got red at Min 61! They lost 0-3 at home!

Comment

Working...
                                X