No announcement yet.

Iran vs. Turkmenistan March 21 and March 26 Pre-Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just realized that Ashgabat stadium (the return leg location) is literally 20 miles north of Iran's border, and a couple of hours drive north of Mashhad. It'll be like Mexico playing in San Diego lol.

Wonder how many away TM fans will be there

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      Just realized that Ashgabat stadium (the return leg location) is literally 20 miles north of Iran's border, and a couple of hours drive north of Mashhad. It'll be like Mexico playing in San Diego lol.

It's crazy atmosphere there
      when tm comes to town.
      ESHGABAD SHUTS DOWN
      And they do play of Rustam getting tricked by his brother and going into poison wel all over town.
      match with iran is their wc final.
      ​I just don't know if atmosphere will be crazy as usual since it's ramadan....

Comment

20k capacity
        artificial field
        Is what tm willtravel to deal with

Comment

None, because Turkmenistan is a closed state. Visas are severely restricted.

And the atmosphere will be like PP playing in Aq Qala!...a massive big deal for the spectators.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Turkmenistan is a more us looking version of North Korea with less propaganda.

One of Hardest countries on Earth to get a visa apparently

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post
              20k capacity
              artificial field
              Is what tm willtravel to deal with
              Artificial field and players with many games = bad injuries 🫨 wtf why why why, lets hope for no pulled hamstrings or Ak8 injuries..🙏
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Expect groupies, third wifes and sighes to be there 😅
                plz hide the bus key from stop Kaanani joon
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Turkmenistan is going to play like a beast.
                  Even TM with CQ had a hard time with their physicality and aerial play.
                  If you think GN plays direct football, just wait till you see Turkmenistan.

Comment

They are a tough team to breakdown, TM will have to be very focused and remain calm to get the 6 points.
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      Turkmenistan is going to play like a beast.
                      Even TM with CQ had a hard time with their physicality and aerial play.
                      If you think GN plays direct football, just wait till you see Turkmenistan.
                      Time to 6tayee them

Comment

not over ac yet.
                        How tm let that chance slip away.

trying hard to get excited for this match
                        then the flash back of jb hitting the post come to
                        My mined.

Only a 4 to 6 goal victory on Thursday
                        Will ease the pain for few minutes.

Comment

Without knowing anything about their team...I will second Oracle's prediction...6-1 (with kanaani and Beiro, id give them one goal)!

If I am wrong, I ll just post in the "I was wrong" thread!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Turkman have not won in their last 5 matches (3L and 2 D). Our last matches with them in 2015 we won 3-1 and drew 1-1.

Comment

Edgar Davids was at TM practice today.

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post
                                not over ac yet.
                                How tm let that chance slip away.

trying hard to get excited for this match
                                then the flash back of jb hitting the post come to
                                My mined.

Only a 4 to 6 goal victory on Thursday
                                Will ease the pain for few minutes.
                                I know what you mean, we have had our fair share of TM disappointments in our lives. It isn't just that this one was the most recent, this one in particular really just took something out of me forever. I always have an inner belief that TM would be capable of a surprise somewhere, or if everything just clicked for once, that they would come up with a big result. I had a belief inside me that we had within us, the ability to have the run that Morocco had for example in the WC. But this last AC just ruined that, and really took away my hope of a special moment ever happening.

The facts were right in front of us, look how long it has been since we lifted the AC. Look how shit Qatar were just a few years ago, and they won it back to back (I know, they pulled strings too). No matter how badly we want it, I personally just don't think it will ever happen during our lifetimes. Our football is flawed from the ground up, little to zero support, limited youth systems, etc. We play purely on passion, and raw talent, and this will never be enough during this stage.

On top of that, the amount of external factors that fell on top of these players, with their own fans booing them not so long ago, this generation got ruined too. Which was nearly a decade in the making.
                                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

Working...
                                X