Beiro
        Ramin-Kanaani-Shoja-MilMo
        Ezat-Hajsafi
        JB-Ghoddos-Torabi
        Azmoun

maybe gholi for JB or torabi

Comment

Originally posted by Artaxerxes View Post

Dont you think it is wiser to play whit one extra midfielder against a team like Japan whit their speed?
          We did that 5 years ago, it didn’t work.
          We have been preparing this offensive strategy for 9 months, it will work.
          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post

Ok
            sorry was joking
            did you think we played good today ?
            Ok you’re forgiven 👍

No i don’t. We missed way too many chances today.
            My biggest concern last 9 months has been how wasteful we have been. Although i think our Extra time performance+ penalties were ok.
            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Beiro 6 - Stopped a PK in the shootout but gave up a very clumsy PK in regulation. And had at least one poor exit. He is an excellent shot stopper, but that's about it.

Ramin 6 - He thinks he's a forward first, defender second, when it should be the opposite (especially against Japan). He's also not good in tight spaces.

Shoja 8 - I love this guy, he is a true WARRIOR and leader of our backline. He always puts his entire "joon" on the line for TM. Too bad he is old. He is a very good defender and leader.

Cheshmi 6 - Wasn't terrible but had that poor turnover that lead to Mehdi's red. He wasn't really tested otherwise.

Ehsan 7.5 - Very good game from him. Calm on the ball, always makes the right decision, good in possession, had a nice shot that was saved by the GK, and converted the winning PK. Once he's gone, we will miss him.

Saman 7 - I thought he played fine, his usual level. For the life of me, I can't understand subbing him in the 63rd minute.

Ezat 7 - Also pretty solid and helped our defense after the red card. He needs to cut down on the long balls though, he losses possession frequently by trying them.

Jahanbakhsh 7 - I thought he had a good game actually. Solid in possession. Good in tight spaces. Had the cheeky dribble over a defender.

Ghaedi 7.5 - I love this kid. I really do. I WANT the ball at his feet. When Ehsan was coming up the left wing, I kept saying, "give the ball to Ghaedi". He makes something happen. He is technical, he can shoot, and has a good eye for goal. Naturally, he's not as good defensively. But his offense makes up for it.

Sardar 5 - Sigh.....he is just not critical enough. He missed at least 3 chances he should've finished. If he did, we would've won comfortably. His lack of critical finishing is why he won't succeed at a club like Roma/Leverkusen. Those are (near) top-tier clubs and they won't tolerate such poor finishing.

Taremi 6 - He was a little off (and struggled with finishing himself, as usual), but he did create the PK (and scored it). BTW, I absolutely DO NOT blame him for the red. In fact, Mehdi was running his a** off to get back and stop a counter after Cheshmi's poor turn over. What forward is the last man back defending a counter attack? If Mehdi didn't foul him, it would've been a 2 vs. 1 break for Syria. And his red card didn't really harm the team (this match). We were headed to extra time anyway.

SUBS:

Gholi 6.5 - Usual tricky self. He will be a good weapon vs Japan and we'll need his creativity with Mehdi out.

Omid 6.5 - I know he's old as dirt and as slow as a turtle, but he's still a damn good ball distributor and very calm. He helps progress the ball well between the lines.

Mohebi 6 - He's pretty annoying in the final third, but he has decent physicality. I suspect he might start vs Japan (at the expense of Ghaedi) since Mohebi is better defensively.

Karim 4 - Why? I love him and thank him for his years of service, but why is he even playing? He can't move. Literally. I get he has good "leadership", but make him an assistant coach and use his roster spot for a younger, more athletic forward (Allahyar, Eckert, Zahiroleslam, etc.).

NEXT GAME VS. JAPAN:

Pray. That's all that can help us. Hopefully Oracle continues his nightly prayers. We'll need him. We were an underdog before, but now, without Mehdi, after paying 120 minutes, we are even more of an under dog. I expect a 2+ goal loss (and it can get ugly). I hope GN subs in an extra MF for Taremi (Omid) to shore up the center of the park, but I am just not sure we have that tactical flexibility (GN has only played this 4-4-2 formation from my recollection).

Comment

Can anyone answer me why our players always try to make that last pass instead of shooting when we counter attack? It is getting too damn predictable.

Shoot the ball ffs.
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

ok ratings time

Beiro: 3/10 in regular time. but he saves us with penalty. clumsy foul and then dropped ball on cross. he was bad but he is penalty master for us
                  ramin: 4/10 invisiible going foward second half and likes to go too far. 4/10. just bad defending
                  shoja: 6.5/10. clumsy yellow card and almost got another like a fool but he defending valiantly. except for the through ball that led to goal
                  cheshmi: 6/10. he is 4th string CB, so he did as well as we could expect. too far forward on taremi red card
                  Hajsafi: 8/10. he was legit very good today, good defending as well and ran well for 120 min. damesh garm
                  ezat: 6,5/10. just average nothing special
                  ghoddos: 5.5/10. was having decent game not sure why subbed out so soon
                  ghayedi: 6.5/10. useless on defense but only player trying to attack. gave syria defense some problem
                  JB: 6.5/10. actually ran well and made some good chances in both halves. much improved from UAE game just slow
                  azmoun: 2/10. just awful. very lazy running, missing easy chances and acting like we up 10-0. no sense of urgency
                  taremi: 3/10. won and converted a penalty. invisible after that. clumsy dive (why dive with VAR???) and then bad foul for red. 10/10 for his tears made me cry

ansarifard: 5/10 turtle speed but good penalty
                  ebrahimi: 8/10 solidified midfield and did excellent organizing team down to 10
                  Gholi: 7/10 good attacking but terrible finishing
                  mohebbi: 1/10. genuinely one of the worst performance i have ever seen. so so happy he did not take a penalty. 0 touch or control. arguably worst TM performance ever in an asian cup

Comment

Syria has been one of the best defensive teams in the tournament, I don’t know why people thought it’d be a cakewalk.

In the 1st half, we controlled the match, and our passing was decent. We created a lot of good scoring opportunities. At halftime, it should’ve been minimum 2-0. ARJ played well too after his poor performance against UAE.

Controversial take: but I do see visible good offensive tactics from GN. In spite of their compact defense, we were able to find good gaps with our ball movement but our finishing and final ball let us down. This is the players’ fault, not the coach’s.

I thought overall, defensively we did well. However, in football, it is a game of moments, even against an inferior team. Beiranvand giving up a penalty, Taremi getting his 2nd yellow. Both of those incidents happened because of last-ditch defending DUE to our defensive shape not being tight enough.

If GN tightens up our defense against Japan, the trophy will be ours. Our offense has enough quality to score. If we lose due to defensive blunders/last-ditch defending antics, then GN should justly be sacked. He’s had LOTS of games to work on our defensive tactics to let that be our undoing.

Comment

Btw, I just want to remind everyone that Ghalenoei, this moron, is not faultless in ruining Azmoun's confidence after his "Thanks everyone except Azmoun" interview.....

Comment

- First win in PK since 1996 3rd place game vs Kuwait. Good sign
                        - Still dont understand why Saman was subbed out
                        - Hurts to say but tbh, 34 years old Ehsan by far best Iran player. At least most consistent player.
                        - ARJ should NOT be starter.
                        - Ramin far from his best today. Main problem with Ramin is that he cant pass/dribble player in front of him, not the way that Sadegh can. He also leaves lot of free space behind when he attacks.
                        - Mohebbi really needs to use his head while he plays
                        - GN sucks big time when it comes to coaching. His subs are really bad
                        - Eventhough this game was not good at all, I still think we have a decent chance to win against Japan even without Taremi
                        - GN must really re-think about his starting line-up, move Saman one position up front. Saman is chocked in the current position since he's naturally offensive player. Especially now that Mehdi is missing, he should use Saeed/Omid or Saeed/Roozbeh and move Saman up behind Ghaedi, ARJ or Torabi and Sardar​

Comment

I think Kanaani and Majid should start in center defense against Japan. Both will have fresh legs

Comment

Originally posted by Pouya View Post
                            Btw, I just want to remind everyone that Ghalenoei, this moron, is not faultless in ruining Azmoun's confidence after his "Thanks everyone except Azmoun" interview.....
                            Wtf? Did he really say that??

Comment

Originally posted by Pouya View Post
                              could you share the source please?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                My line up for japan :

Beiro
                                Rezaeian kanaani shoja (or Hosseini if fit) milmo
                                Ezza hafsafi
                                JB ghoddos Gholi
                                Azmoun.

Subs : torabi, Ghaedi, Ansarifard no mohebi
                                Perfect except I'd start Gholizadeh and Torabi together.

ARJ has had three mid performances....Gholizadeh and bacheh Basij have shown more

Comment

Working...
                                X