Australia not a likeable team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    Anyone who has backpacked through Europe can tell you why it's so easy to dislike Aussies...
    hum..!!??i havent but care to elaborate please..

ps

personally i feel the general dislike mostly stems from the fact that its hard to warm up to national football team of any country in which Football isnt the most popular sport in and at least one can claim that the majority of their people simply arent passionate about the sport itself..!!
    its the same phenomenon as to why most footballing world hate the USMNT ..!!
    also it's exasperated by their eagerness to leave Oceania for AFC..? thinking of their much improved chances of WCQ via AFC and be dominant footballing force in AFC ... which has proven correct so far ..!!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      Since the 1997, I hated this team. Also I am not fan of NT being a melting pot of lot of different nationalities
      Do you support France?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post

ps

personally i feel the general dislike mostly stems from the fact that its hard to warm up to national football team of any country in which Football isnt the most popular sport in and at least one can claim that the majority of their people simply arent passionate about the sport itself..!!
        also it's exasperated by their eagerness to leave Oceania for AFC..? thinking of their much improved chances of WCQ via AFC and be dominant footballing force in AFC ... which has proven correct so far ..!!
        Aussies are everywhere wherever you go and mostly large male groups if you're backpacking. They can be avoided in your latter non-backbacking years

The Dutch and Germans only go to cheap arse players so you can avoid them if you have any standards

The English go to certain towns and cities where you can find nightclubs so you just avoid those towns and cities

Americans typically head to McDonalds and BurgerKing or if they are rich go to the most expensive spots so you don't see them so much at the mid-level spots

Comment

Albate doostan, I was mostly referring to their Football team and not tourists

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
            Albate doostan, I was mostly referring to their Football team and not tourists
            mordam

Baba jan be chapemoon, ki fekre digar teame. Jam male masttttt

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

Do you support France?

Only TM

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                Anyone who has backpacked through Europe can tell you why it's so easy to dislike Aussies...
                Or even just the ones in London!

Comment

Canadians melt for the Aussie accent but that’s irrelevant to football.

I really respect this iteration of their football team because as others have said they perform well above their level despite having average players.

Their 1998 team for example had great players but never did much.

I’ve always wanted to see a TM that could get results with pure hard work and team spirit.

They’re kind of like our World Cup 2014 qualification team.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                    Why is it so hard to like Australia? I have tried hard to find something with them to like about but it's so damn hard. I mean the whole team, to be honest, generally in all sport, even when I watch Volleyball. I really dont know if it has to do with our football history with them, particularly 1998 in Melbourne and everything they did before the game, all the preparations and BS talk before the game or something else.

But not liking them, doesn't mean they are a bad team, in the contrary, they are imo one of the favourite to reach the final because I think they will beat whoever the winner will be between KSA and SK.

Meanwhile, they just beat Indonesia 4-0.

Do you guys like Australia and I mean not Australian people but Australian teams like their national team in football?
                    Imo
                    should get kicked out of afc and take 1/2 of wc spot with them to oceania.

Comment

Australia is a strange country!

I mean from the late 18 century when the British ships landed in Australia to establish a penal colony, to the a major genocide committed against the aboriginals, to the gold rush and transportation of large number of British convicts directly from prisons in England to Australia from 1840 to 1868, to a post-war immigration program brining 7+ million migrants mostly from the poor and illiterate class in Europe together with all sorts of criminals including those who committed war crimes against humanity, to today where the Australians always appear to be an arrogant and racists nation not tolerating others and known for ridiculing and making fun of other nationalities! ... ..

What is to like about this nation, I don't know!
                      Why are they even in Asia, I don't know!
                      Why should we let them win Asian Cup, I don't know!

Kick these sons of _____ out of Asia! We have nothing in common with them! They don't belong here!

Comment

Unlike the saudies and bahraini's I actually have good memories with them (1998 WCQ) . Essi Jan Not sure why would any iranian not like them . I personally think without the 1997 game our football would not be here and I wanna thank them for playing fair and square unlike those arab teams that we have faced in the past.

I can guarantee you that if it was an arab team, they would put 11 player in their box and grass roll after they scored the 2nd goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          Canadians melt for the Aussie accent but that’s irrelevant to football.

I really respect this iteration of their football team because as others have said they perform well above their level despite having average players.

Their 1998 team for example had great players but never did much.

I’ve always wanted to see a TM that could get results with pure hard work and team spirit.

They’re kind of like our World Cup 2014 qualification team.
                          Good post. They are very gritty and work hard. Must be their love of Aussie Rules Football spirit.

They were producing great players like Mark Viduca, Tim Cahill, Harry Kewell, Lucas Neill, Mark Bresciano, Matthew Ryan, Mile Jedinak, Aaron Mooy, John Aloisi, Tom Rogic, Massimo Luongo (who shockingly retired right before this Asian Cup) etc.

But they are not more marked by their grit and never give up attitude. Works well for them.
                          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post

ps

They're a loud bunch that take pride in living a hedonistic lifestyle. They usually backpack around Europe causing a lot of headaches for the locals with their shitty behaviours, e.g getting drunk 24/7 and taking drugs and being a nuisance. They then usually end up spending their 20's living in London and working as teachers or other shit jobs, while carrying on that lifestyle, over the weekends. There are a few areas in London exclusively inhabited by Aussies, these are usually the areas you avoid. By the time they hit their 30's they're usually gone back home to Australia.

Above clip is a good example of how they act

Comment

Working...
                            X