Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 best teams meet in the quarters. Which 2 will make it through…

hopefully Iran and Australia

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
      ^ their speed is just incredible. If we ever want to beat them comfortably we need to first learn kung fu or something that makes us faster. We are too relax even Europeans are, hence this japan is not easy to beat. You have to break their confidence in the game.

You must take control and our team showed only a few glance of this and has definitely the capability but this is for 90 minutes. I am not that sure so we have to be prepared for a heart break.

Me and mashsaeed tried to tell you guys that we should be smart if we really want to have a shot at the Asian Cup. This is not a fairy tail but harsh reality. Even Korea sold their pride to be now in semis. We will once again be stopped in the quarter finals seems like. That would be sad but the Japanese have worked very hard on this for many years and the world needs to find a way to stop them now or they can even win the world cup soon if they continue with this no questions about it.
      Sorry Kamran jan I would have to disagree. GN is mediocre coach but him and his technical staff made the right decision not losing on purpose. If we get eliminated by Japan we will go out with dignity and honor. Both Korea and Jordan can go on to win the cup but to my eyes they will never be respectable and honorable.

Comment

Japan is way too fast for iran....no way we can beat them unless we slow the game down

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post

Sorry Kamran jan I would have to disagree. GN is mediocre coach but him and his technical staff made the right decision not losing on purpose. If we get eliminated by Japan we will go out with dignity and honor. Both Korea and Jordan can go on to win the cup by to my eyes they will never be respectable and honorable.
          50 years down the line, no one will care for honor and character. It will be, who won? Iran hasn't won since Khomeinist revolution, 47 years. We don't have a dignified government or society. Let's stop pretending things like this matter. They don't. It's be smart, always be smart.

Also, GN is not looking out for TM, he is looking out for himself. If we lose to Japan, he can say "Well, I lost to best team in Asia, so I should keep my job." The man just said yesterday in his press conference that Omid Ebrahimi could still play in 2026!
          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
            Japan is way too fast for iran....no way we can beat them unless we slow the game down
            Need a queiroz masterclass…

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post

50 years down the line, no one will care for honor and character. It will be, who won? Iran hasn't won since Khomeinist revolution, 47 years. We don't have a dignified government or society. Let's stop pretending things like this matter. They don't. It's be smart, always be smart.

Also, GN is not looking out for TM, he is looking out for himself. If we lose to Japan, he can say "Well, I lost to best team in Asia, so I should keep my job." The man just said yesterday in his press conference that Omid Ebrahimi could still play in 2026!
              If we lose to Japan in the quarterfinals then we would lose to them in the final too. Either scenario we don't win the Asian Cup although one of them is with honor and the other with sauding our game.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post

If we lose to Japan in the quarterfinals then we would lose to them in the final too. Either scenario we don't win the Asian Cup although one of them is with honor and the other with sauding our game.
                The flipside is, they might have players suspended, injured etc. Problem is, this is what the issue with GN's squad selection is. Our best 11 to our bench is a huge dropoff. When you don't invite players like Hazbavi, Hosseinnejad, Allahyar, Karimi etc. this is what happens.

Japan I don't even think played their first lineup today, meaning they will be fresh by Saturday.
                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

The flipside is, they might have players suspended, injured etc. Problem is, this is what the issue with GN's squad selection is. Our best 11 to our bench is a huge dropoff. When you don't invite players like Hazbavi, Hosseinnejad, Allahyar, Karimi etc. this is what happens.

Japan I don't even think played their first lineup today, meaning they will be fresh by Saturday.
                  The flip side is we also might have players suspended, injured etc. for the final. It still doesn't negate the fact that now if we make it to the final it's with honor while the other scenario is with sauding our game.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

This...the logic of people who wanted Iran to throw the game doesn't make sense. We would have had to gone through South Korea/Australia, Tajikistan, and a physical Jordan to get to a Japan final....in this side...it's just Japan and 2 average teams to get to a worn down side. Either way we would have had to fought 2 hard games.

All this talk of 50 years down the line....excuse my language but who cares? Id rather live the rest of my life knowing my TM fought with pride rather than make a random historical stat pad no one cares about except hardcore football fans. Football is supposed to give YOU joy not some Iranian teenager on social media in 50 years flexing their football heritage

Comment

The flip side is we also might have players suspended, injured etc. for the final. It still doesn't negate the fact that now if we make it to the final it's with honor while the other scenario is with sauding our game.
                      Of course, works both ways. But this could have been done smarter I feel. Again, we have a coach who is self-serving and narcissistic, he still talks about what happened to him in 2007.

Comment

Of course, works both ways. But this could have been done smarter I feel. Again, we have a coach who is self-serving and narcissistic, he still talks about what happened to him in 2007.
                        We would have beaten Tajikistan, Jordan and played Aussies/South Korea in final, it's better than Syria, Japan, Qatar/Uzbekistan ..

Comment

So your mentality is if you have to cheat, cheat because no one remembers 50 years down the road ?? Sorry if everyone thought liked that the world would not last much.

And I already said GN is not a good coach so I don.t know why you bring up what he said in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post

So your mentality is if you have to cheat, cheat because no one remembers 50 years down the road ?? Sorry if everyone thanked liked that the world would not last much.

And I already said GN is not a good coach so I don.t know why you bring up what he said in the conference.
                            My main concern is with GN's team choices. I think with a better team and coach, we could have won the tournament no matter who we played against. It's important to use younger players and change the team around in a tournament. So, not playing our best players in the last group match doesn't really matter. Even if we had won, it would have been good for our young players to get experience. Players like Hazbavi, Hosseinnejad, and Allahyar should have played in that game. But we played with our full squad and Moharrami gets injured - you risk that.

Comment

My main concern is with GN's team choices. I think with a better team and coach, we could have won the tournament no matter who we played against. It's important to use younger players and change the team around in a tournament. So, not playing our best players in the last group match doesn't really matter. Even if we had won, it would have been good for our young players to get experience. Players like Hazbavi, Hosseinnejad, and Allahyar should have played in that game. But we played with our full squad and Moharrami gets injured - you risk that.
                              I'd be ok with playing the younger players while still trying to win. I'm not ok with sauding the game by losing on purpose.

Comment

I don't know why we insist that much on our possible road to final while our coach is a true idiot. Relying on an overraged and slow team after what WC22 and what Japan shows is a pure proof of idiocy.
                                Not only idiot but coward. Playing stars players in useless games to get them injured/suspended to hide his incompetence would have bitten us against any of the remaining teams

Comment

Working...
                                X