Beiranvand to Haghighi Comparison when it comes to PK's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beiranvand to Haghighi Comparison when it comes to PK's

I wanted to give a big Thank You and shout out to our great keeper Beiranvand. Vaghean damesh garm when it comes to savings PK's. This is the 3rd one I remember (Ronaldo, Asian cup Oman game 2019, and today) that he has saved during a game. I dont think we have a keeper (At least to my knowledge that did this in the modern times). Now think of him against Haghighi and that PK shoot out against Iraq that Iran tied 3-3 in the last second of OT and how Haghighi could not even stop 1PK out of 10 or 11 if I am not mistaken. What a shame vaghean.

We have to be thankful that at least in this department we have someone like Beiranvand who truly stands out.

That penalty save may be a catalyst for him to regain his confidence and form and at a perfect time for us!

Comment

Beiro is a great shot stopper. No doubt. One wonders what would've happened if Beiro was in the goal during the Iraq PK shootout. Now granted who knows if Beiro was going to make a difference. After stopping the CR7 PK, I think Beiro has the advantage since now the opponent has the mental challenge of going against someone who stopped a Ronaldo PK during the WC.

Now, on the other side, Beiro has some moments of mental laps also. Sometimes he reminds me of Mirzapour. He can make some amazing saves, but than makes some silly mistakes that makes you question why he is the starter. During the HK game he clearly should've got a red card for his handball out of the box.

Comment

plot twist: Its 2015 and Beiro was in net for the pks vs iraq
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by AhuraMazda1 View Post
          That penalty save may be a catalyst for him to regain his confidence and form and at a perfect time for us!
          Nice Nader Shah avatar you have!

Comment

Originally posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post

Nice Nader Shah avatar you have!
            Sepas mashti

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
              Beiro is a great shot stopper. No doubt. One wonders what would've happened if Beiro was in the goal during the Iraq PK shootout. Now granted who knows if Beiro was going to make a difference. After stopping the CR7 PK, I think Beiro has the advantage since now the opponent has the mental challenge of going against someone who stopped a Ronaldo PK during the WC.

Now, on the other side, Beiro has some moments of mental laps also. Sometimes he reminds me of Mirzapour. He can make some amazing saves, but than makes some silly mistakes that makes you question why he is the starter. During the HK game he clearly should've got a red card for his handball out of the box.
              Perfectly said. Beiro's shot stopping is world class. His penalty saving is wonderful.

Unfortunately his distribution and (sometimes) decision making is amateur level.

That being said he played very well today

Comment

Beiranvand is a great penalty saver

To be honest he is a very good keeper and has given great moments, lord knows how many bad ones we have had

He is brave and that comes with good and bad points - he does some crazy things some times and just makes things too messy.

This is why I prefer Niazmand to take over at some point, who is not as instinctive a keeper as Beiranvand but for me is just more stable and I think that impacts the centre backs.

​​​

Comment

He's truly remarkable. I think if you count his league stats, he save something like just less than 50% of penalties, which is an insane stat.

Comment

Originally posted by AhuraMazda1 View Post
                    Actually his problem is that he's too confident and messes around too much with the ball at his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                      Beiranvand is a great penalty saver

To be honest he is a very good keeper and has given great moments, lord knows how many bad ones we have had

He is brave and that comes with good and bad points - he does some crazy things some times and just makes things too messy.

This is why I prefer Niazmand to take over at some point, who is not as instinctive a keeper as Beiranvand but for me is just more stable and I think that impacts the centre backs.
                      ​​​
                      did too during the groups ..!
                      shoulda been given 90min vs UAE to help his confidence in case of need for his services later ..!
                      especially so, considering the occasional kholmalangeez of bey and his tendency to get overly excited and carried away , injuring himself or a teammates when the high stakes games begin....!!
                      but i think that ship has sailed now and unless he is physically unable to carry on, or barring a massive sooti doubt any other keeper would see any minutes in this AC..!!

I think he has had a pretty solid tournament so far... even in the earlier matches where he was getting too much stick from us for his occasional for most part harmless, koskholbazi antics which he can't help himself from doing..!!

i think "The" nailed the main issues with him... he looks nervous and scary during his feet distributions, yet he holds the ball too long while trying TOO HARD to act calm n cool.. and his judgement on crosses and high balls is on & off still...!
                      definitely Needs to Speed Up his decision making on distributions and would like to see him release some of those monster throws to spark a quick counters... that'll likely worry the opponents and prevents them from mad rushing and pressing him hard again..!

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Actually his problem is that he's too confident and messes around too much with the ball at his feet.
                        I don't think so. I think his form has dipped and he uses the ball playing to somehow boost his confidence by dupping a striker or something with a dribble. Stupid I know but often brutes like to show dominance in such ways vakhti rooshoon kam shode. Mikhad bege man hamoon Beiro hastam yadetoon bashe. Sort of like a "fake it until you make it" attitude.

Beiro is always sooti prone, and like Ehsan or Jahanbakhsh does not seem to be coachable in the sense of recieving instructions not to repeat past errors like taking unnessary shots for instance. He will always try dribbles and dummies, the difference now is that at least he will do it with more confidence hence reducing the chance of an error.

Comment

Haghighi 2 ways can score on him with ease.
                          His decision making of coming out or stay still
                          is horrible...can score on him from outside shots.

Biravand majority of time pitch error free match and goals he conceeds is usually his defenders fault in pp and tm.....his carefree style lately is out of high confidence and he calmed down against uae.

biravand 3rd best goali in iran history as of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            did too during the groups ..!
                            shoulda been given 90min vs UAE to help his confidence in case of need for his services later ..!
                            especially so, considering the occasional kholmalangeez of bey and his tendency to get overly excited and carried away , injuring himself or a teammates when the high stakes games begin....!!
                            but i think that ship has sailed now and unless he is physically unable to carry on, or barring a massive sooti doubt any other keeper would see any minutes in this AC..!!

I think he has had a pretty solid tournament so far... even in the earlier matches where he was getting too much stick from us for his occasional for most part harmless, koskholbazi antics which he can't help himself from doing..!!

i think "The" nailed the main issues with him... he looks nervous and scary during his feet distributions, yet he holds the ball too long while trying TOO HARD to act calm n cool.. and his judgement on crosses and high balls is on & off still...!
                            definitely Needs to Speed Up his decision making on distributions and would like to see him release some of those monster throws to spark a quick counters... that'll likely worry the opponents and prevents them from mad rushing and pressing him hard again..!
                            Galenooie is from era that believes the back up goali should stay in lockerroom so starting goali don't even see him so he don't lose confidence...
                            he will play him untill he can go no more.

Comment

please dont disrespect beiro like that, haghighi was only good for insta selfies.

Comment

Working...
                              X