Iran vs Syria - R16 - Game info + TV/Live stream info + Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pishi_Rules View Post
    Can I ask another really silly question, can the first yellow he got be overturned / appealed?
    No. Yellows can't be changed once play has resumed or game has ended.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post

I disagree
      taremi shouldnt have got the first yellow
      a dive is a yellow, if you'd ask taremi he would agree that he dived

Comment

Originally posted by AhuraMazda1 View Post

I don't agree. First half we dominated.

Ghayedi with his movement would take out a player or two; and would find himself in good shooting positions but did not receive the ball. Players need to link up better with him.

Arj had an okay game. Gholi is still the better player however.

Our biggest mistake besides Azmoun in front of goal was bringing Omid on. Omid offers us nothing
        The Ghaedi haters are not objective. He has been one of our best players in this tournament and continually breaks down other teams with his technical ability and quickness. He creates opportunities. He creates corners and throw-ins deep in the opponent's half.

Omid wasn't bad this game. He controlled well. His passing was good, and his decision making was great. However, I wouldn't play him against Japan, if possible, because he won't even be IN the game.

I though ARJ was very good, this game. Especially his defensive work. His passing was fine, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezzy View Post

a dive is a yellow, if you'd ask taremi he would agree that he dived
          He was swearing at the ref after
          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

I had to turn the game off after Taremi red, my pessimistic side couldn’t handle what was going to follow.

those who say this was a game showing resilience, it was not. We were up 1 goal, did not concentrate in the NUMEROUS 3 vs 3, transition moments, shots on goal. Wasted chance after chance. Had two horrible horrible lapses in concentration, one from Shoja to take himself out of play on the overhead ball and Beiro to needlessly foul the guy who was in such a tight angle. The other loss of concentration was stupid cheshmi who dribbled from CB position to the 18 yard line only to give a riskly inaccurate square pass followed by Taremi’s idiotic challenge for second yellow when there were still defenders covering the play. By some miracle we won on pens but everything leading up to this was mental breakdown in my opinion and demonstration of the pressure and weak mentality getting the most of our team.

Comment

Guys, what is the rule regarding red cards? as you know, Taremi was sent off due to his second yellow card but later on, we saw him on the bench crying I thought the rule said that you have to leave the stadium altogether. Will there punishment for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                He does sometimes come a bit slow, I admit.
                agha no offence but do you still watch as much Iranian football as you used to?

Comment

Against Japan, switch Ghaedi to second striker, move ARJ to the left, Gholizadeh to the right. Problem solved.

Comment

- First win in PK since 1996 3rd place game vs Kuwait. Good sign
                    - Still dont understand why Saman was subbed out
                    - Hurts to say but tbh, Ehsan by far best Iran player. At least most consistent player.
                    - Mohebbi really needs to use his head while he plays
                    - GN sucks big time when it comes to coaching. His subs are really bad
                    - Eventhough this game was not good at all, I still think we have a decent chance to win against Japan even without Taremi
                    - GN must really re-think about his starting line-up, move Saman one position up front. Saman is chocked in the current position since he's naturally offensive player. Especially now that Mehdi is missing, he should use Saeed/Omid or Saeed/Roozbeh and move Saman up behind Ghaedi, ARJ or Torabi and Sardar
                    Last edited by Essi; 01-31-2024, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                      - First win in PK since 1996 3rd place game vs Kuwait. Good sign
                      - Still dont understand why Saman was subbed out
                      - Hurts to say but tbh, Ehsan by far best Iran player. At least most consistent player.
                      - Mohebbi really needs to use his head while he plays
                      - GN sucks big time when it comes to coaching. His subs are really bad
                      - Eventhough this game was not good at all, I still think we have a decent chance to win against Japan even without Taremi
                      - GN must really re-think about his starting line-up, move Saman one position up front. Saman is chocked in the current position since he's naturally offensive player. Especially now that Mehdi is missing, he should use Saeed/Omid or Saeed/Roozbeh and move Saman up behind Ghaedi, ARJ or Torabi and Sardar
                      Varzesh TV said he has influenza and could not play anymore. Explains why he was not that effective.

Comment

Originally posted by shahin2000 View Post
                        Guys, what is the rule regarding red cards? as you know, Taremi was sent off due to his second yellow card but later on, we saw him on the bench crying I thought the rule said that you have to leave the stadium altogether. Will there punishment for this?
                        He wasn't on the bench, he was in the front row of the stands
                        you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
                        sigpic

Comment

That was some total Shiite finishing by our players Sunni. I just watched the highlights, and we had so many darn opportunities. Especially Azmoun. They need a finishing camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post

Varzesh TV said he has influenza and could not play anymore. Explains why he was not that effective.
                            I think Saman should make a respectful gesture to our Japanese opponents and travel to their hotel to develop some hand wrapped sushi, making sure to shake the hand of every Japanese player including their third goalkeeper
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Now they are saying many players had the flu. Honestly, even better play if true.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post

Basically every of our key players get some shit. Of course, mohebi won't get some brain cancer as the guy have no brain

Comment

Working...
                                X