• Show
Clear All

Iran vs Syria - R16 - Game info + TV/Live stream info + Discussions

Guys let's discuss the game in this thread
    Screen Shot 2024-01-23 at 9.57.56 AM.png
    Wednesday January 31
    PST 8:00 am
    EST. 11:00 am
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Should we lose this game to avoid Japan/sk in quarterfinals. But if we win this game we will play Japan/sk in quarterfinals

jokes aside I don’t care which bracket we are in. Let’s win this!
    SHOW TIME!

Comment

Let's enjoy it while the dream lasts. Playing Japan or Korea could have been avoided till the final so let's see if we can get past them cause if we do, we kinda already won the AC.

Comment

more than a week away... !! why is schedule of the games so spread out in this tourney..?

id figure we rack up an ugly narrow win with few pending suspensions and injuries to boot..!!

Comment

i think this side is actually easier, because on the other side you have to beat both Iraq and Australia/Saudi to get to final possibly against Japan/Korea.
          but here your only problem is one of Japan/Korea basically and meeting Iraq/Aus in final​

Comment

I would much rather play winner of Japan/Korea than play Iraq in a QF. Iraq beat Japan, let them demolish everyone, lose to Australia and then we meet Australia in final
            Last edited by perspolis#1; 01-23-2024, 11:29 AM.

Comment

It is what it is.
              TM IS IN THIS SIDE BRACKET NOW and maybe god has something special for us being here.god works in mysterious way and test our faith time to time. Putting us in japon side HOPEFULLY GOD IS TESTING US and maybe just like prophet ibrahim ,he didn't question God and taked his son to sacrifice him and God rewarded him...WE SHOULD ALL KEEP OUR FAITH STRONG AND MARCH TOWARDS JAPAN MATCH same way ibrahim March towards sacrificing his son AND HOPE FOR GOD Make tm victorious as reward of our faith

Please join us every night 10:50pm pst for tm prayer time, everynight until japon match.

Comment

Syria conceded only 1 goal in the three games.

They will be a tough nut to crack need to hit them early and get a goal in first half.

WE CANNOT LET THEM SCORE FIRST.

Otherwise their players will be doing Nancy Ajram modeling poses on the grass for whole game

Comment

Here we go again!! people taking syria lightly just like hong kong and palestine. This syrian team is same level as Iraq. The only reason iraq won against japan was due to their physical and height advantage. Apart from that Iraq has nothing ! 23% possesion and only 232 passes says it all about their team. And syria is exactly like palestine and iraq, they are physical and tall compared to asian teams.

Syria conceded one shity goal against Australia , clearly says it all about their team. I think its safe to say that syria would also beat japan .

I hope South Korea win group so japan has some tough game before us.

Comment

We were fine playing Korea in QF and they have some really strong players and all of a sudden we are freaking out about Japan?

People overrate the 3-0 loss. It was bad luck that started due to kanaani 0 IQ move. Also no ezatolahi/taremi in that game

yes north draw is easier but who cares. Syria, then Japan/korea, then Uzbek/qatar is not too bad

Comment

our possible Jap/Kor (Our final basically) game is at the worst possible time 2:30PM come on man wth is this bs

Comment

Syria, like Iraq. Has loaded team with European players and some South Americans. Won’t be easy game as we always struggle vs opponent legionnaire

kanaani is out and we might not have Majid. Brainless move to not get Yc vs Hong Kong. Despite poor performance today we don’t have much at Cb so we need him

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                          Here we go again!! people taking syria lightly just like hong kong and palestine. This syrian team is same level as Iraq. The only reason iraq won against japan was due to their physical and height advantage. Apart from that Iraq has nothing ! 23% possesion and only 232 passes says it all about their team. And syria is exactly like palestine and iraq, they are physical and tall compared to asian teams.

Syria conceded one shity goal against Australia , clearly says it all about their team. I think its safe to say that syria would also beat japan .

I hope South Korea win group so japan has some tough game before us.
                          Japan lost because their goalie was very bad. Super nervous. Not to mention the 2nd Iraqi goal should have been cancelled as the midfielder who assisted took the ball out of field.

I agree with you, we're being very arrogant.

Syria with Cuper will play super conservative and defensive. They will be tough to break down. Early goal for us will be very important. Syria always gives it their all against us in competitive matches.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            more than a week away... !! why is schedule of the games so spread out in this tourney..?

id figure we rack up an ugly narrow win with few pending suspensions and injuries to boot..!!

The scheduling is very poor. I don't like when TM gets too much of a rest. Players get bored and act out.

Comment

GN chose the worst rout to final. Syria is actually the strongest 3rd place team in this match up while others are playing Indonesia and Vietnam. Syria has an outstanding defense. Let's hope we will be ready for them as if we have a bad day in attack and defensive problems with injury and etc. it would be a horrible day for Iran.

I want to be optimistic so let's cross our fingers.

Comment

Working...
                              X