Iran vs Syria - R16 - Game info + TV/Live stream info + Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syria is gonna go super Saiyan against us like they often do

I don't want that 2018 final wcq performance against them again because all I can think of is penalties
    ​​​​​

Comment

yea but Iraq is stronger than Syria, and anything less than a trophy is shit, so it doesn't really matter

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Japan lost because their goalie was very bad. Super nervous. Not to mention the 2nd Iraqi goal should have been cancelled as the midfielder who assisted took the ball out of field.

I agree with you, we're being very arrogant.

Syria with Cuper will play super conservative and defensive. They will be tough to break down. Early goal for us will be very important. Syria always gives it their all against us in competitive matches.
        Japan did have a bad goali but japan also had difficulties reaching their goal. Only 2 shots on target says it all about the game. This is because iraq made the game physical. Very compact physical game with high pressure from iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
          We were fine playing Korea in QF and they have some really strong players and all of a sudden we are freaking out about Japan?

People overrate the 3-0 loss. It was bad luck that started due to kanaani 0 IQ move. Also no ezatolahi/taremi in that game

yes north draw is easier but who cares. Syria, then Japan/korea, then Uzbek/qatar is not too bad
          Our biggest issue is that our coach is not very good. Going up against Moriyasu he will most likely get out coached. On top of that loss of Moharami is really going to hurt us.

We also have 2 players that are a total liability. Cheshmi an ARJ. Both should not be allowed on the pitch for the remainder of the tournament which I doubt will happen.

Today's victory is becoming less sweet as time goes on.

Comment

I watched Uzbek vs Syria and I felt Uzb wasn't playing well outside of Fayzullaev. Uzb should have won that game

We need Moharrami to get better asap because I do not want Ramin and ARJ on the right side together... Syria will give us headaches on that side.

Is Torabi getting better?

"I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Originally posted by Messy View Post
              I watched Uzbek vs Syria and I felt Uzb wasn't playing well outside of Fayzullaev. Uzb should have won that game

We need Moharrami to get better asap because I do not want Ramin and ARJ on the right side together... Syria will give us headaches on that side.

Is Torabi getting better?

Na, hanooz haalesh bade. Bimarie Hezbollah raa daare. Gohe sag.
              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post

Na, hanooz haalesh bade. Bimarie Hezbollah raa daare. Gohe sag.
                🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙌🙌🙌🙌

Comment

Héctor Cuper 2 baazikone argentini avorde Soorie. Agar khodesh argentini nabood gemon nemikonam
                  mipaziroftand.
                  DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                    Héctor Cuper 2 baazikone argentini avorde Soorie. Agar khodesh argentini nabood gemon nemikonam
                    mipaziroftand.
                    A third of the team is now Ezequiel, Antonio, Elias, Pablo....

This Ibrahim who is also Argentine is pretty solid

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      more than a week away... !! why is schedule of the games so spread out in this tourney..?

id figure we rack up an ugly narrow win with few pending suspensions and injuries to boot..!!
                      its ok we need rest
                      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

We have too many of our diaspora going into business, medicine, engineering, law and professional things

Since dejagha, Gucci and ghoddos we just can't find our foreign-born diaspora players like Morocco or other less success-orientated cultures

Wish we were a bit less successful and had more Iranian origin kids playing ghetto football in Berlin or Stockholm

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                          Let's enjoy it while the dream lasts. Playing Japan or Korea could have been avoided till the final so let's see if we can get past them cause if we do, we kinda already won the AC.
                          Hear! Hear!
                          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                          نگاه میکنید.
                          sigpic
                          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

I have watched this Syria team very closely this tournament and I have to say the combo of new blood they have, most of which are foreign based players + the tactical discipline Hector Cuper has brought to the team makes them a very formidable opponent IMO.

I will say one thing - if we see the same theme we have seen since GN has taken over where the team falls asleep and holes open up left and right for an entire half or 15-20 min periods…..we will be in BIG TROUBLE with these guys bc they absolutely will take advantage of it. I fully expect us to win as every TM fan should, however, I call it how I see it without any bias. And if you have seen Syria play this tournament and seen GN’s TM then this shouldn’t come as a shock to you.
                            Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 01-23-2024, 01:21 PM.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              We have too many of our diaspora going into business, medicine, engineering, law and professional things

Since dejagha, Gucci and ghoddos we just can't find our foreign-born diaspora players like Morocco or other less success-orientated cultures

Wish we were a bit less successful and had more Iranian origin kids playing ghetto football in Berlin or Stockholm
                              We don't need to rely on diaspora like other countries...we are fanatically obsessed with football at home...with 90 million people. We have an abundance of talent. If PGPL took more chances on youth + we had a solid ground root system like Uzbekistan, then we would have a constant stream of legionairres like Japan and SK

Comment

8 days of rest until Syria game is more than enough time

Comment

Working...
                                X