X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post

Its not that easy to "rotate" players
    syria isnt just handing over this match to us

Maybe we should develop a squad that has 2 strong players for each positions. So its next man up.. not the type of team where if u take ghoddos out we are literally finished.
    I would start sardar and ghaedi this time give taremi rest...if needed bring him in second half...ramin is perfect to start against japan..his speed will help so rest him too...japan hasnt been playing with full squad..so smart as always...we need fresh legs against them...for once GN saw how bad cheshmi was and finally rested him...wonder why pourali ghanji is not getting any love ...i like him for this game

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post

I would start sardar and ghaedi this time give taremi rest...if needed bring him in second half...ramin is perfect to start against japan..his speed will help so rest him too...japan hasnt been playing with full squad..so smart as always...we need fresh legs against them...for once GN saw how bad cheshmi was and finally rested him...wonder why pourali ghanji is not getting any love ...i like him for this game
      Pouriganji is injured. He’s just chilling with the team. Not actually part of the 26 man team

Comment

Guys this is R16 not group stage, nobody is getting rest. Full team is go. Maybe cheshmi for eza but taremi/azmoun/ghoddos will all start and should start. One game at a time

Comment

Please for the love of God don't give a 5th minute penalty to Syria like you guys gave Oman last time.

They just love stressing us out

Comment

I don't get anyone who thinks we will be playing anything other than our strongest side.

I can guarantee GN will come out with all our main starters playing. And he should as well.

Let's start strong like we did against Palestine and hopefully we don't give up a goal at the end of half so we can sub out some of our star players at half if we are up by 2/3 goals.

My lineup would be something like:

Beiro

Ramin Majid Shoja Hajsafi

Gholi Ezatolahi Ghoddos Ghayedi

Taremi Azmoun

And if we're up by 2 by the 50/60th minute, I'd take out Azmoun, Ghoddos, Ezatolahi, Gholi and Hajsafi and rest them for Japan

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
              I don't get anyone who thinks we will be playing anything other than our strongest side.

I can guarantee GN will come out with all our main starters playing. And he should as well.

Let's start strong like we did against Palestine and hopefully we don't give up a goal at the end of half so we can sub out some of our star players at half if we are up by 2/3 goals.

My lineup would be something like:

Beiro

Ramin Majid Shoja Hajsafi

Gholi Ezatolahi Ghoddos Ghayedi

Taremi Azmoun

And if we're up by 2 by the 50/60th minute, I'd take out Azmoun, Ghoddos, Ezatolahi, Gholi and Hajsafi and rest them for Japan
              Yes this...go full force and get a few goals, then sub them out at minute 50-60. Being tied with Syria at half time with our B team is how we're gonna get shithoused

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post

Its not that easy to "rotate" players
                  syria isnt just handing over this match to us

Maybe we should develop a squad that has 2 strong players for each positions. So its next man up.. not the type of team where if u take ghoddos out we are literally finished.
                  Last time we taked Ghoddos out, Uzbekistan come back from a 0-2 to a draw in 45' min

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

What's up with the thumbs down gestures from some of the players?

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

I dono if its true or not but i heard Hooman afazeli was performing belly dancing for them behind the scene and some players didn't like it.

Torabi really liked at .

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

The other group were the losers. They’ve been watching too many American teen dramas

Comment

Torabi without his only friend Amiri is totally lost. He's about 10 metres away from everyone else all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Azmoun_shireh View Post

The other group were the losers. They’ve been watching too many American teen dramas
                            Torabi definitely has a copy of Mean Girls on DVD

Comment

why are people talking about resting players against syria? have you watched them this tournament? we're looking at a very tough opponent that's going to frustrate and cause us problems not to mention try to get under our skin, as arabs team so often successfully do.

my main concern for team melli is self-sabotage and mental toughness. in 3 of the last 5 asian cups, our elimination was caused by emotional breakdowns (sattar zare red card in 04, pouladi in 15, rezaeian etc. against Japan in 19).

the performance against UAE was one of the best and most fluid offensive TM performances I've seen, all the more refreshing given how we flopped against Hong Kong. but let's not let one good performance against a UAE that may have WANTED to lose (to get the easier side of the bracket) mislead us...if we're tied 0-0 in the 70th minute or go down a goal against Syria, I don't love our chances.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                                why are people talking about resting players against syria? have you watched them this tournament? we're looking at a very tough opponent that's going to frustrate and cause us problems not to mention try to get under our skin, as arabs team so often successfully do.

my main concern for team melli is self-sabotage and mental toughness. in 3 of the last 5 asian cups, our elimination was caused by emotional breakdowns (sattar zare red card in 04, pouladi in 15, rezaeian etc. against Japan in 19).

the performance against UAE was one of the best and most fluid offensive TM performances I've seen, all the more refreshing given how we flopped against Hong Kong. but let's not let one good performance against a UAE that may have WANTED to lose (to get the easier side of the bracket) mislead us...if we're tied 0-0 in the 70th minute or go down a goal against Syria, I don't love our chances.
                                We have to rest our players because:

1) relatively speaking we have the oldest and heaviest side
                                2) we can concede that we are quite slow in transitions in comparison to our top opponents in Japan and Korea and so need to be well rested in comparision to them to try to even the playing field somewhat
                                3) a few of our players are either fragile like Azmoun, coming back from injuries like Ramin or not 100% fit like Shoja, and Majid
                                4) they won't get to recover as fast as Japan and Korea given the above
                                5) sooriye are not a goal scoring threat
                                6) fielding a weakened side can beat them quite easily I would say provided they are mentally strong as you mentioned

Comment

Working...
                                X