Iran vs UAE Post match ratings and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran vs UAE Post match ratings and discussion

Dameh Bacheha garm... Considering opponent, this was our best match in Asia Cup thus far...

Should have been a 4-1 or even 5-1 victory if not for poor refereeing!!!

Post ratings below:

Refs: 0 Shameful refereeing. UAE money is powerful.

GN: 8 Got his lineup perfectly. Sadegh over Ramin and Gholi over Moharrami showed us the difference.

Beiro: 8 Way to bounce back today. Great stop from the penalty spot.

Kanaani: 6.5 I think the penalty on him was harsh but he should've done better on the goal UAE scored.

Shoja: 8 Thought he had a great game!

Sadegh: 8 Was amazing until he got hurt. His pace his so valuable and his technique is arguably one of the best on the team.

Hajsafi: 7.5 Thought he had a good game. Some NASA level shots early on but made it up with a great offside assist to Gholi and some other great attacking creations. Defensively much better too

Ezatolahi: 7.5 His best game yet in the Asia Cup and friendlies. Dictated the pace of play much better. Decent defending too

Ghoddos 7 Not his sharpest game but he's also probably tired from 3-4 back to back 90 min games.

Gholi: 7.5 Was really good and linked up tremendously with Moharrami Azmoun and Taremi

Ghaedi: 7 Solid match. Took his chances well and drew some good fouls.

Azmoun: 8.5 What a match! Should've scored today but was barely offsides... Still had two great assists!

Taremi: 9 MOTM Amazing game! I missed this Taremi so much. Two top class goals!

SUBS

Ramin: 6.5 Had some okay spells but overall is just not a great RB. Lacks pace and was partly at fault for the UAE counter goal.. I'm scared of teams like Japan scoring on us from countering...

Omid: 7 Played solid.

ARJ: 5.5 Thank god GN benched him. He is simply not Team Melli material. Had some poor turnovers again and was partly at fault for the UAE goal

Mohebbi: 7.5 Was the best and most alive substitute today. I don't get the hate! His pace is so valuable and he is physically very strong... Was absolutely robbed of a goal by horrendous refereeing as well...

Asadi: 6.5 Didn't look too sharp but then again hasn't played much lately...

Satisfying performance, should have been 5-1, at least 4-1, UAE got lucky, they were shaken.

Comment

Should of been 5-2 ...
      first 45 minutes of uae best tm team so far.

Comment

Unbelievable how corruption is so clear and in your face here. What was that refereeing today?

Comment

Originally posted by arj42 View Post
          Unbelievable how corruption is so clear and in your face here. What was that refereeing today?
          I was like, 2 offsides, okay, it is what is it, but that one on Mohebi completely blew my mind...

Comment

Originally posted by arj42 View Post
            Nothing will be done unfortunately, money talks and we play in the AFC (Arab football confederation). There is always a bias. That ref was full of shit with his VAR reviews
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

defense is sooraakh

Comment

UAE was in third place up until their last minute goal. They would have also finished third place if mohebbi goal counted, even if they scored after. So blatantly corrupt!

Comment

Post ratings below:

Refs: They are all so bad. Not just the penalty call but the goal being called back. Multiple episodes this tournament. VAR gave the WRONG CALL. 0

GN: 8 Best lineup to date. This is the lineup we should play Japan/SK/Saudi/Aus with if Moharrami healthy. Should have subbed out Kanaani ASAP to prevent suspension.

Beiro: 7 Great penalty stop, otherwise not much to do. Couldn't do much about that UAE goal and his ball playing passing is terrible, he just needs to embrace the aliasghari.

Kanaani: 6 Should not have gotten a dumb yellow. Too slow on UAE goal. Rating off that.

Shoja: 8.5 Dealt with whatever loose ball came his way, no problems no witnesses.

Sadegh: 7 Played very well but picked up an unnecessary yellow and then hurt himself with narekhari

Hajsafi: 7 He adds much more creativiity than Milmo but his long shots are stupid any of us could do better on them.

Ezatolahi: 8 Night and day with Cheshmi, a couple of times I was worried he was facing goal as a single pivot but he dealt with. Solid defending too.

Ghoddos 7.5 Average game for him which means above average compared to the team. He needed to be rested.

Gholi: 8.5 So much better than Jahanbakhsh so far, great hustling to win ball back, good dribbles, and adds extra vision on our right side for crosses.

Ghaedi: 7.5 He was up for it! Good dribbles and made himself a nuisance. Just wish he had 10 more lbs of muscle.

Azmoun: 8.5 Two great assists, needs to work on his 1v1 finishing and beating the offside line.

Taremi: 9 MOTM Great play by Taremi with his two goals. Only issue was a couple of weak shots but otherwise such a nuisance for Asian teams.

SUBS

Ramin: 5.5 I feel like I'm watching someone who deems himself a celebrity play RB. He is trying to be Dani Alves without the defending. His lack of positioning contributed to our conceded goal.

Omid: 7 Run of the mill performance. Good for 30-40 minutes to let our starters rest.

ARJ: 5 5 touches, three turnovers, one which pretty much led to goal. His football IQ is there but he needs to use it better.

Mohebbi: 8 Did what you want from a substitute and scored a goal that Dubai got ruled out.

Asadi: 6 Didn't see much from him except one instance where he was in two minds between cross and shot and blasted across face of goal with no targets. PGL level player .​

Comment

ARJ 0. He should not be even on the bench.
                    YAVARE HAMISHE MO'MEN

Comment

Brilliant performance:

Refs: $$$$$$$$

GN: 8.5 Excellent. Just should not have brought on Jahanbakhsh. I feel he does to appease backlash from him and his friends in the squad.

Beiro: 8 Damesh garm

Kanaani: 7 Good performance

Shoja: 8.5 Excellent performance and the amount of times he saved Hajsafi on the left!

Sadegh: 8.5 Best performance so far. He has improved so much! He used to be one of our poorest players but now is one of our best!

Hajsafi: 7.5 His best game in a long long time but still has this habit in competitions where he tries to shoot from distance. Hate it

Ezatolahi: 7 Good overall but made a few errors

Saman 7 Ezat was the pulse of the mid as opposed to Saman which suprised me

Gholi: 8 Finally we now have a right flank as well as left to play from!

Ghaedi: 7.5 Very good. Our tactics were to give the ball to Gholi so he was seen less. Love him

Azmoun: 8.5 Excellent. Should work on overcoming the offside trap however.

Taremi: 8.5 Excellent. One small criticism is that he could have assisted Mohebi at one point but took a shot himself

SUBS

Ramin: 6.5 Not a great game for him but not bad

Omid: 6.5 Doesnt offer too much anymore

ARJ: 5 No comment

Mohebbi: 7.5 Had a point to prove and did very well!

Asadi: 6.5 Should have done better with that opportunity

Comment

ARJ, mohebi, asadi, Moghanlou, Ebrahimi aren't TM material

Comment

Highlights here:
                          https://www.persianfootball.com/news...-record-video/

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Pray for moharrami
                            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

The performance itself was excellent. The goals conceded were not because of systemic issues, but rather players just turning their brains off.
                              The goal from UAE in particular was something we've seen many times now recently : Ramin going way too forward and not being able to track back in time.
                              He needs to be more restricted in matches against tougher teams.

I won't say much more about the refs - just atrocious, especially that call on Mohebbi.

When teams don't really press us and give us time we play excellent football.
                              To that point, the only team that has really challenged us tactically is HKG. Japan and South Korea are teams that play this way.

Ratings:

GN - Starting lineup was good. I am mostly just upset at his squad selection as a whole, which has pretty much given him no decent substituion options.

Beiranvand - 8: one of the world's greatest penalty stoppers. He's great.

Moharrami - 7.5: excellent going forward. Again, I don't think he would do well against teams where he is isolated defensively. Having said all that I hope he didn't suffer a serious injury.

Kanaani - 6: strong, but can't handle anyone going at him.

SHoja - 7.5: Performed well. Most athletic defender we have. Covered Hajisafi's ass many times.

Hajisafi - 6: Excellent on the ball, with a few shots that are probably cratered the moon. Defensively he is a huge liability. Still got caught not defending against a very slow UAE team.

Ezatollah - 7: Upped his game. A few wayward passes, but let's hope he continues to increase his level of play as importance of matches and level of opponents increases.

Ghodoos - 7: Carried out his role. Controlled the midfield. Distributed well. Pressed well. Now he can rest and be fresh for next week.

Gholizadeh - 7. Going forward he is such a breath of relief. I would rate him higher but he really faded in the 2nd half. Need him versus better teams. Helps dissipate pressure with his ability to hold possession.

Ghaedi - 6; really average. Got pushed around even more than other matches. Probably better to not start the next round of games despite good games. Gholizadeh should be on the left, and Torabi on the right.

Taremi - 7.5: Didn't get into 2nd gear, but should have a hat-trick. Excellent positioning. Incredibly smart. A real gem.

Azmoun - 7.5: Lovely assist. His chemistry with Taremi is irreplacable.

Ramin - 6: Bad defending. This isn't Sepahan man. Defend first.
                              Mohebbi - 6: Got a goal, but not good. Can't win one-on-ones, and makes decisions too late.
                              Omid - 6: Invisible.
                              Asadi - 5: The man is not a forward or a winger or an attacking player! People have forgotten this guy is a CB turned forward!
                              JB - 5: At this stage, I think he should be turned into a defender. He's really quite good defensively, he just can't handle possession anymore. A shame.

Comment

Working...
                              X