Sardar Azmoun @ AS Roma | 2023/2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeLFeL View Post

I totally agree. I don't get all the negativity towards him on here. And as far as age, he's actually in his prime if you factor in experience. He has at least 2-3 solid years left in him before his athleticism starts diminishing. Taremi is 2-1/2 years older and just got signed to the biggest team of his career so ppl need to chill with the bs takes on his form, any game that I watched he's come on as a sub he's played his heart out and has contributed in some way. He hasn't scored a lot of goals cause he's been the back up ST to Lukaku
    I think a lot of people are just chronically disappointed in his trajectory. This is the kid we all thought would be our next Daei . People were already annoyed at him for spending almost a decade in Russia, and when he finally got his big move to Europe its seems that he's not taking his fitness seriously with all the cramping and injuries every game/every other game. He's spent his golden years basically just being injured/out of form in the last 2 years

Comment

Add a few drawn penalties to his tally and it is not bad at all for the equivalent of 9 games. He will probably be loaned to Roma again.

Comment

I can't personally see it

His goals-per-minutes-played was less than Lukaku, Dybala, Abraham

His goals-and-assists per minute played was lower than any other forward player.

His pass success rate is the second lowest of all 30 Roma players https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/84/Show/Italy-Roma

I still think he is our most talented striker i've seen.., more talent than his predecessors, but shelling out 12 million on an injury-prone player needs the strongest stats for when he is on the pitch. And he doesn't have that.

Comment

Actually, for the season in Series A

Lukaku 12 in 2555, Sharaway 3 in 1703, Dybala 13 in 1859, Azmoun 3 in 551. My calculator says Dybala is the best and Azmoun is second best. Dybala's stats include a bunch of penalties. I am not saying he is worth 12M but he has delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmad_DC View Post
            Actually, for the season in Series A

Lukaku 12 in 2555, Sharaway 3 in 1703, Dybala 13 in 1859, Azmoun 3 in 551. My calculator says Dybala is the best and Azmoun is second best. Dybala's stats include a bunch of penalties. I am not saying he is worth 12M but he has delivered.
            Sorry to have a go at your calculator, but I was going by the websites which show the stats

Although since I last checked, Sardar has gone in front of Lukaku for goals per minute (though still below Tammy Abraham, Dybala and Sanches) - so my apologies for that one. Still below Lukaku, Dybala, Belotti, Abraham, Pellegrini and Sanches for G+A per minute though:

https://fbref.com/en/squads/cf74a709/Roma-Stats

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

Sorry to have a go at your calculator, but I was going by the websites which show the stats

Although since I last checked, Sardar has gone in front of Lukaku for goals per minute (though still below Tammy Abraham, Dybala and Sanches) - so my apologies for that one. Still below Lukaku, Dybala, Belotti, Abraham, Pellegrini and Sanches for G+A per minute though:

https://fbref.com/en/squads/cf74a709/Roma-Stats
              What a great website, I wish I knew about it years ago. Okay so Abraham and Sanches have less than 200 minutes so their figures are really meaningless. Also, on the G+A column Pelligrini, Lukaku, Abraham, and Sanches are practically within 0.1 G+A of Azmoun which is immaterial. Roma had announced long ago that they had to qualify for CL before they could exercise their option to buy. For a guy who draws one of the lowest salaries on the team he is doing well. I think he is like the 15th or something like that in wages.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

I think a lot of people are just chronically disappointed in his trajectory. This is the kid we all thought would be our next Daei . People were already annoyed at him for spending almost a decade in Russia, and when he finally got his big move to Europe its seems that he's not taking his fitness seriously with all the cramping and injuries every game/every other game. He's spent his golden years basically just being injured/out of form in the last 2 years
                Other than at Zenit, I don't think I ever saw him at his best. He also keeps showing up to TM games with a belly, has a history of being taken off at around the 60th minute with a minor injury / cramp often. This guy does not work hard in terms of conditioning, its very clear. He relies on his extraordinary natural talent, which has been enough to get him to Europe and become a regular for TM. He has not, and will never push himself to become great, he simply doesn't care enough and big teams can see that clearly.
                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post

Other than at Zenit, I don't think I ever saw him at his best. He also keeps showing up to TM games with a belly, has a history of being taken off at around the 60th minute with a minor injury / cramp often. This guy does not work hard in terms of conditioning, its very clear. He relies on his extraordinary natural talent, which has been enough to get him to Europe and become a regular for TM. He has not, and will never push himself to become great, he simply doesn't care enough and big teams can see that clearly.
                  The easiest solution is to piss him off to get him to take it more seriously . He was pissed off against Japan because of every fan from other teams was talking smack online and our attack was the most dangerous its been in years. This unselfish, unaggressive, and hipster attitude at club is failing him. He is getting his competitive dose from PUBG instead of Football

Comment

3 seasons in Kuzen and Roma barely reached double digits!
                    I don't get what people arguing!
                    He is our most talented striker ever but failed big time at top level football!
                    End of story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If Leverkusen goes on like this Azmoun should be happy to be on their bench and get some minutes...... maybe he is lucky next year ...... in general i really dislike him, failing season after season and still laughing all day and talking shitttt

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

for reference Daei:

12 goals and provided 4 assists in 88 games (4600+ mins) for Hertha.

6 goals and 1 assist in 32 games (1500 mins) for Bayern.

7 goals and 2 assists in 26 games (1900 mins) for Bielefeld.

Total CL/EL record: 3 goals/957 mins.

Sardar:

5 Goals and 5 assists (1600 mins) for Leverkusen.

3 goals and 2 assists (549 mins) for Roma.

CL/EL Record (rostov, Zenit, Leverkusen, Roma): 10G/4 A (2400 mins) (not counting goals in qualifiers vs Ajax, Anderlecht).

Daei and Sardar time for Leverkusen and Bayern pretty much similar. Daei found a solid bounce back in Hertha - although goals/mins ratio pretty bad.If sardar was playing that amount of time even with Roma form he would be on track for 3x the output...

Where Daei truly has sardar beat is not in terms of production or quality (stats and watching either can tell you that) but simply availability.

As for TM his goal record speaks for itself...almost whenever he plays he scores, besides the WC matches which puts him in same boat as Daei...

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

3 goals,4 assists in 779 minutes.
                          Barely any starts.

Your homie Lukaku had 3800 minutes approximately, 20 goals and 4 assists.

Considering Azmoun barely starts, and when he plays the entire team doesn't cater to him like they do Lukaku, I don't think it's that bad.

So what, you think if SA played all of Lukaku’s minutes he would have at least 20 goals? Its this simple?

And where is 4 assist from…

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

If sardar was playing that amount of time even with Roma form he would be on track for 3x the output...
                            IF. Sardar is only a top player in your imagination. Only you and 3 other members will remember Azmoun’s legendary 3 goal season in Rome. You have zelle or apple pay? I wanna buy you a coffee.

Comment

I think the problem a lot of fans have is trying to pigeonhole Azmoun into a particular category: below average, average, above average, star quality, etc.

The fact is a lot of coaches like him: Queiroz, Mourinho, De Rossi, etc, he’s been a key player during our last two world cup qualifications, and most recently showed up for us at the Asian Cup.

He has a lot of quality and has consistently won coaches over, in spite of injuries, fitness issues, etc

Let’s see how it all plays out for him in the end. I will continue to support him as long as he delivers for team melli. Honestly, we were all shocked he was able to make a move to a club like Roma after his stint at Leverkusen.

Also, nobody expected him to start and play at least 70 minutes in the 2nd leg against Leverkusen, and he did fairly well, also considering the coach never wanted to sub him out.

Comment

What’s the likelihood he goes back to Levergooz and actually stays there all season? Might actually collect some hardware even on the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X