Sardar Azmoun @ AS Roma | 2023/2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post

So what, you think if SA played all of Lukaku’s minutes he would have at least 20 goals? Its this simple?

And where is 4 assist from…
    Not at all. I'm just saying dry stats comparison isn't all we can do.

I got the 4 assists from here:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/sardar-...spieler/180337

Comment

there are LIES
      then
      there are Damned LIES
      & then
      there are STATS..!

quit wasting your time folks over analyzing numbers and figures ..!!

as Pluto referred earlier multiple times, for me also the Biggest issue still persisting with this guy is his Lack of proper Personal Fitness required for this profession, now for over 2 fkn years running..!?

i mean we all know in terms of quality and pure footballing abilities and pedigree sardar can certainly compete at most any EU level club but ffs why is he so fking shamfully outa shape seemingly always?

my best guess, is insecurity and Personal Apathy...? (i mean just the Pictures tell a thousand words on that front..!! :/)
      just like its been with most all other koongoshad and undisciplined yet sublimely talented iranian footballers of the past and present (AK8 best example coming to mind..!)
      Yet i suppose there could also be couple of other possibly legit explanations with Sardar.!!?
      one, him still dealing with after effects of Long Covid..?
      the other being that one time back in Zenit when he had done a Nose surgery which according to himself was to address a "breathing issue" off course many didnt believe him and give him shitt suggesting it was instead purely a cosmetic surgery(classic iranian excuse for getting NoseJobs..!)

wonder if he should try getting the same surgery done again ... cause i recall him roaring back from that short surgery recovery layoff with more stamina and energy than ever before and after in his career ...!! in fact that was the season he went on to win the scoring title in russia and continued leading the scorers table the following year as well before Russians scamming the Golden Boot award to Dzuba by sidelining sardar in final match of the season and then orchestrate a 3-5? goals last game fix for their homeboy to usurp Sardar by a goal in the final tally..!!
      Last edited by BacheLot; 05-15-2024, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        I think he will try and go to Fenerbahce though.
        They'll pay him lots. Close to Iran. Close to his horses.
        Ex-Roma boss Jose Mourinho linked with move to Fenerbahce

https://romapress.net/ex-roma-boss-j...to-fenerbahce/

hum..!!
        never saw him hustle off the ball more than playing under Mou's Roma earlier in the year ...!!
        yet not so sure he convinced Mou enough to take another crack @ sardar this time in his supposedly beloved Fenerbache..???

off course at the end of the day Budgetary and other constraints play the most vital part in to his club options and highly doubt Fener could attract a more prolific striker when summer transfer is all done and dusted.???

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

for reference Daei:

12 goals and provided 4 assists in 88 games (4600+ mins) for Hertha.

6 goals and 1 assist in 32 games (1500 mins) for Bayern.

7 goals and 2 assists in 26 games (1900 mins) for Bielefeld.

Total CL/EL record: 3 goals/957 mins.

Sardar:

5 Goals and 5 assists (1600 mins) for Leverkusen.

3 goals and 2 assists (549 mins) for Roma.

CL/EL Record (rostov, Zenit, Leverkusen, Roma): 10G/4 A (2400 mins) (not counting goals in qualifiers vs Ajax, Anderlecht).

Daei and Sardar time for Leverkusen and Bayern pretty much similar. Daei found a solid bounce back in Hertha - although goals/mins ratio pretty bad.If sardar was playing that amount of time even with Roma form he would be on track for 3x the output...

Where Daei truly has sardar beat is not in terms of production or quality (stats and watching either can tell you that) but simply availability.

As for TM his goal record speaks for itself...almost whenever he plays he scores, besides the WC matches which puts him in same boat as Daei...
          Daei's first season at Bielefeld was decent and was beyond goal and assist ! He had interesting profile for striker due to his physicality which earned him a Bayern contract!
          At Bayern he was competing with a club legend like Elber, a German favorite like Yancker and another german international Zickler!
          He was 3rd in chart but should have been second behind Elber!
          He failed at Hertha, 12 goals in 3 seasons , nothing to write page about!
          Overall Yes, Daei's europe career was not impressive vs international
          BUT at the end he played and scored 6 goals for one of the top 5 best club in the world!
          For Sardar i don’t think people only question his stats, it is mainly his fitness level, and injury after injury and the fact that at 29 he still can not keep it up for 90 min!
          In case of Daei, i guess he was giving it all on the field! Day and night if you do the comparison!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalke

Comment

Lukaku is one of the best striker in the world in last decade and stats don't lie!
            Honestly anyone questioning him start over Sardar despite how much we love Sardar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sardar has a lot of talent , but talent by itself can only get you so far , we have seen players who have 1/4 of his talent make careers for themselves by just being super fit, athletic and injury free……

Sardar is too free spirited , he got used to the Iranian way of doing things , be unfit and not ready for 9 months and then go to a hard camp (Urdu) for 3 months then you ready ,,…

but we all know that is not how it works in Europe, you have to be in shape all the time , wether you play 90 minutes or 1 minute….

he lacks that , that is why he struggles at Leverkusen and Roma , any new team he joins he takes like 3 months just to get in shape …… and by the time he gets in shape then he struggles with injuries……

big teams will not take that kinda of gamble on an average player….

I see him being a better fit for a mid level team a team good enough not to get relegated but not strong enough to push into Europe …

I can’t even see Sardar on a relegation fighting team cause if he can’t deliver and score they will quickly bench him …

he needs a personal trainer and a nutritionist use these summer break to work on his body get in super shape and lose some weight,,, so where ever he goes at least he can be competitive from the start …

Comment

Comment

Now everyone is a fitness expert and psychologist at the same time. Baba the guy practices everyday with the team. He also does the full TM camps and games. He is probably the fastest Iranian CF in history. He can jump out of the room. For a close to 30 year old player he is fit. During the offseason he probably needs to send fitness information to his teams. Chelsea just paid over $50M for Nkuko. His stats for the year are 3 goals, 0 assists and 412 minutes. Top leagues are full of much better players than Azmoun who have not been able to stay healthy. IMO, he made a poor choice by going to Leverkusen where the midfield was lacking the skills to play him into the game. Very similar to the Roma midfield. For two years now he has been lacking any service and basically living off poaching loose balls. It is clear now that he is not starting lineup material. Hopefully he will find a place to give us some more thrills with the few minutes he might get. I never thought he was world class so pardon me for not being disappointed with him failing my unreasonable expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                    Lukaku is one of the best striker in the world in last decade and stats don't lie!
                    Honestly anyone questioning him start over Sardar despite how much we love Sardar?

Iran_19 jan, I disagree.

Lukaku is one of the most overrated forwards in European football this century.
                    He had a lot of hype and big contracts, plus he is managed by a very powerful US talent agency (at least used to be).
                    However, he now has the reputation of a flat track bully. He doesn't show up in big games and takes it out on bottom level clubs.

Doesn't mean Azmoun has been good, just that Lukaku is wildly overrated.

Best player in Roma is Dybala, but no clubs want him for his prices because he is way too injury prone - otherwise he would be at an even bigger club.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmad_DC View Post
                      Now everyone is a fitness expert and psychologist at the same time. Baba the guy practices everyday with the team. He also does the full TM camps and games. He is probably the fastest Iranian CF in history. He can jump out of the room. For a close to 30 year old player he is fit. During the offseason he probably needs to send fitness information to his teams. Chelsea just paid over $50M for Nkuko. His stats for the year are 3 goals, 0 assists and 412 minutes. Top leagues are full of much better players than Azmoun who have not been able to stay healthy. IMO, he made a poor choice by going to Leverkusen where the midfield was lacking the skills to play him into the game. Very similar to the Roma midfield. For two years now he has been lacking any service and basically living off poaching loose balls. It is clear now that he is not starting lineup material. Hopefully he will find a place to give us some more thrills with the few minutes he might get. I never thought he was world class so pardon me for not being disappointed with him failing my unreasonable expectations.

You don't have to be a fitness expert or a sport psychologist to notice that something is wrong when he has played 8 games equivalent in minutes (most of which he has asked to be subbed out or injury scare) when Roma has played nearly 53 games this season. He still has less total time played than Belloti (and half his goals)...who was given away at half season.

Here is another statistic to put it all together: Azmoun this season has played about the same amount as Saman Ghoddos (791 minutes vs 730)

He clearly is world class otherwise he wouldn't be playing against Leverkusen in EL semi. No one is doubting his talent.

Comment

For some reason i have a feeling he will end up at another quite big club. Atalanta, Sevilla, Marseille and these typa teams that already been interested in him for the past year or two. Lets wait and see. I also think Leverkusen is either gonna drop his price down to around 8 milion or will loan him out for another year.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Iran_19 jan, I disagree.

Lukaku is one of the most overrated forwards in European football this century.
                          He had a lot of hype and big contracts, plus he is managed by a very powerful US talent agency (at least used to be).
                          However, he now has the reputation of a flat track bully. He doesn't show up in big games and takes it out on bottom level clubs.

Doesn't mean Azmoun has been good, just that Lukaku is wildly overrated.

Best player in Roma is Dybala, but no clubs want him for his prices because he is way too injury prone - otherwise he would be at an even bigger club.
                          105 club level goals in last 5 years
                          83 goals in 114 international games
                          If these are not elite and top world class striker states i don't know what are!
                          He had an off season at Chelsea in 2021 but other than that he averaged almost a goal every 2-3 games in last 5 years without mentioning his prime was in Everton and i didn't even take into the consideration that stats!

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
                            For some reason i have a feeling he will end up at another quite big club. Atalanta, Sevilla, Marseille and these typa teams that already been interested in him for the past year or two. Lets wait and see. I also think Leverkusen is either gonna drop his price down to around 8 milion or will loan him out for another year.
                            he's got a pretty shroud representations so another semi decent club in the top 3 league is still the most likely destination for him unless if himself as suspected is keen on and if he were to push hard for an underwhelming fenerbache move..!?
                            ftb, loan extension with a pay-cut at Roma seems the most probable..!! then i'd guess bout 8mil transfer to Fulham..! or another loan to sevilla ... last but certainly not the least, if all negotiations fail is going back to parent club ..!

Comment

Match day tomorrow

https://www.instagram.com/officialas...k/?img_index=8

Comment

If he is fit and Sérgio Conceicao join AC Milan, he may take him there.

issued before Fabio Romano let the cat out of the cage! 😝
                                sigpic
                                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Working...
                                X