Iran vs Russia - Post Game Player Rating and Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran vs Russia - Post Game Player Rating and Analysis

No one stood out for me ... very average or even below average performance all around!

Aimless running, Lack of focus, inaccurate passing, and poor final touches and finishing was the highlight!

Coaching rating at best was IPL (lower table) level.

Only honorable mention goes to Taremi for the cool and composed penalty shot - saved us again!

Official Sofascore ratings:

Beiranvand: 6.8
    Rezaeian: 6.9
    Kanaani: 7.0
    Khalilzadeh: 7.3
    Hajsafi: 7.1
    Ezatollahi: 6.5
    Nourafkan: 7.1
    Gholizadeh: 6.7
    Taremi: 8.0
    Mohebi: 7.0
    Moghanlou: 7.0
    Cheshmi: 6.5
    Moharami: 6.6
    Zakipour 6.8
    Asadi: 6.8
    Amiri: 6.8
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
      Official Sofascore ratings:

Beiranvand: 6.8
      Rezaeian: 6.9
      Kanaani: 7.0
      Khalilzadeh: 7.3
      Hajsafi: 7.1
      Ezatollahi: 6.5
      Nourafkan: 7.1
      Gholizadeh: 6.7
      Taremi: 8.0
      Mohebi: 7.0
      Moghanlou: 7.0
      Cheshmi: 6.5
      Moharami: 6.6
      Zakipour 6.8
      Asadi: 6.8
      Amiri: 6.8
      General get grade A so far,, with his selection and today's match.he said it, Hc job is to be able to run offense which create opportunities TM DID THAT TODAY.
      AND defense which give other team least opportunities Did that as well.

All players get average of b-

Comment

Beiro 6
        Rezaeian 5
        Kanaani 6
        Shoja 5
        Hajsafi 5
        Ezza 5
        Noorafkan 1
        Gholizadeh 5
        Mohebi 4
        Taremi 5
        Moghanlou 1

Subs :
        Asadi 1
        Amiri : 4
        Cheshmi 4
        Zakipour 5

GN 0

Comment

Moghanlou & Asadi are NOT TM material ... Zahedi may be a better option if GN is looking for tall player with arial ability.

Comment

Difficult to judge considering how bad Russia was.

Noone Really stood as good. Mohebbi, Taremi were decent, although wasteful.

Most players were average.

Ezza was slow and gave away a dumb penalty (what else is new?)

Moghanlou and Gholizadeh also poor.

Comment

I only saw up until midway through second half but generally not bad.

We kept the ball a lot more than usual, created way more openings than usual, and were pretty solid defensively. Missed a lot of great chances and gave up a stupid PK but besides that put russia under a lot of pressure until Taremi's equalizer.

I thought the idea of moghanlou up front worked well in that it gave taremi the freedom to roam, he helped us dictate tempo in the middle of the field, switch the ball side to side. But Moghanlou himself is of course not a striker to start at international level, thankfully we have sardar.

Don't see why GN would get hate for this performance, it was pretty solid. I thought noorafkan in the middle was quite limiting however, as expected, combo of him and saeid really isnt the way forward at the base of midfield.

Part of the reason russia looked so bad was because we pressed them very aggressively and effectively. Credit has to be given to the coach and players there as it was a clear tactical choice to engage so high. They only broke through press a couple of times and usually we got men back with enough speed to prevent dangerous penetrations.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

We kept the ball a lot more than usual, created way more openings than usual, and were pretty solid defensively. Missed a lot of great chances and gave up a stupid PK but besides that put russia under a lot of pressure until Taremi's equalizer.

I thought the idea of moghanlou up front worked well in that it gave taremi the freedom to roam, he helped us dictate tempo in the middle of the field, switch the ball side to side. But Moghanlou himself is of course not a striker to start at international level, thankfully we have sardar.

Don't see why GN would get hate for this performance, it was pretty solid. I thought noorafkan in the middle was quite limiting however, as expected, combo of him and saeid really isnt the way forward at the base of midfield.

Part of the reason russia looked so bad was because we pressed them very aggressively and effectively. Credit has to be given to the coach and players there as it was a clear tactical choice to engage so high. They only broke through press a couple of times and usually we got men back with enough speed to prevent dangerous penetrations.
                Dont know why most pfdc people clearly see who is or isn't TM level but people working in Iran (domestic coach, media, fans..) don't see it.

I guess the Iranian football ecosystem mainly see thing in a superficial way. They only see things that shine. A player that dribble 3 players and score some in IPL become suddenly Neymar. They don't care about his mentality, physical ability.
                A nobody starting suddenly to score some goals against big belly pourghaz at 30 become a TM contender. They don't care he didn't do shit before, never left crappy ipl and won't transfer in a long term.

As long as people in Iran don't understand importance of long term and euro legionnaires, we will keep celebrating a 1/1 pk draw against a weak russia B team, while skying the ball 15 times

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

We did a good job pressing at times, but where I thought Russia lacked the most, which made us look better than we actually are, was the fact they did nothing on defense.
                  The didn't press at all, nor did they have a tight defense. They kind of just stood around out of possession.

Hopefully Kenya is at least able tactically offer something slightly more challenging.

Comment

Irans pressing and offensive game made Russia look way worse than they’re. This same russian team will beat Australia, S.Korea, Japan & Saudi.

We need to build on this. Offensive football is the only way we will win the AC.
                    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

We did a good job pressing at times, but where I thought Russia lacked the most, which made us look better than we actually are, was the fact they did nothing on defense.
                      The didn't press at all, nor did they have a tight defense. They kind of just stood around out of possession.

Hopefully Kenya is at least able tactically offer something slightly more challenging.
                      Kenya has KI AZ EFTAR TA SAHAR GOAL MIZANEH OLUNGA OLUNGA
                      SS O ATISH MIZANEH
                      OLUNGA OLUNGA
                      he is known to kill persian teams in acl,
                      like to see how he is defended.

Comment

I didn’t watch the game, but based on the highlights: we created NUMEROUS chances. No coach can put the ball in the back of the net. Taremi should’ve had AT LEAST 2 goals today. I expected much better finishing from him based on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                          I didn’t watch the game, but based on the highlights: we created NUMEROUS chances. No coach can put the ball in the back of the net. Taremi should’ve had AT LEAST 2 goals today. I expected much better finishing from him based on his resume.

We should have scored 5 goals yesterday. Sooner or later those chances will go in.
                          We just need to continue with the same attack-minded approach and work on our fitness level so we can sustain it during 90 min.
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

I watched the game again!

This so called football -e tahajomi which is invented in Iran by bunch of bi-savad coaches is the biggest nonsense I have ever heard in this sport.

Comment

People been harsh on game, Russia wasn't good but TM created too many chances, finishing was shit and that is not on coach
                              Good first game for GN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X