ASIAN CUP 2023 ERR 2024 dates, draw,DISCUSSION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

I don't hate GN as much as people here do. I will give him the benfit of the doubt.
    Yeah for some people failure in 5 straight tournaments with the same coach hasn’t been enough. They want CQ to fail another AC so he can get a double hattrick in failures ( 3WC + 3AC).

It’s unbelievable…
    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

One very interesting note about finishing 1st in our group is having 3 extra days of rest before R16 compared to finishing 2nd lol…

Another interesting note is if we totally mess up in the GS and finish 2nd we will play the 2nd team of Group A in the R16, which could be an even easier opponent 🤣

Everything is really set up for us to win the tournament. The other favorites will all be tired when they face us… This one is in the bag.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

My early predictions:

Group A: Qatar, China, Lebanon(Q)
        Group B: Australia, Uzbekistan, Syria(Q)
        Group C: Iran, UAE
        Group D: Japan, Iraq, Vietnam(Q)
        Group E: S.Korea, Jordan, Bahrain(Q)
        Group F: Saudi, Oman

R16:
        China-UAE
        Japan-Bahrain
        Australia-Lebanon
        Saudi-Jordan
        Iran-Syria
        S.Korea-Iraq
        Qatar-Vietnam
        Uzbekistan-Oman

QF:
        UAE-Japan
        Australia-Saudi
        Iran-S.Korea
        Qatar-Uzbekistan

SF:
        Japan-Saudi
        Iran-Uzbekistan

F:
        Saudi-Iran

Winner:
        Iran

Looks like Uzbekistan will be my surprise lol.
        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Japan will win it this year. So many young talented players that already have enough experience. This Mitoma guy is killing in PL.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post

Will be very interesting to see them under Klinsmann.

Their best bet to get far in the tournament would be to finish 2nd in their group. Unless they want to get kicked out in the QF.
            If there's anything I want to keep from our previous coach(who you reference as a "charlatan") its not to take opponents too lightly.

Even If Khomeini's jenazeh is South Korea's coach, they will still be formidable and line up with

Napoli's Kim Min Jae,
            Tottenham's Son,
            Mainz's Lee Jae Sung,
            Mallorca's Lee Kang-in,
            Freiburg's Jong Woo Yeung
            Wolverhampton's Hwang Hee Chan.

We are not getting through them with Aliasghar and Bendaz bala bendaz payeen and Inshallah football

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

If there's anything I want to keep from our previous coach(who you reference as a "charlatan") its not to take opponents too lightly.

Even If Khomeini's jenazeh is South Korea's coach, they will still be formidable and line up with

Napoli's Kim Min Jae,
              Tottenham's Son,
              Mainz's Lee Jae Sung,
              Mallorca's Lee Kang-in,
              Freiburg's Jong Woo Yeung
              Wolverhampton's Hwang Hee Chan.

We are not getting through them with Aliasghar and Bendaz bala bendaz payeen and Inshallah football
              No one is saying that. We will get past them by fearless attacking football. Constant pressing of their backline with 5-6 players, quick combination plays by our offensive players like Sayyadmanesh, Taremi, Mohebbi, Azmoun, Gholizadeh, Jahanbakhsh, Torabi, Ghaedi, Ghoddos etc.

We need to play 4-2-4. S.Korea won’t have an answer, if we take the game to them.
              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

No one is saying that. We will get past them by fearless attacking football. Constant pressing of their backline with 5-6 players, quick combination plays by our offensive players like Sayyadmanesh, Taremi, Mohebbi, Azmoun, Gholizadeh, Jahanbakhsh, Torabi, Ghaedi, Ghoddos etc.

We need to play 4-2-4. S.Korea won’t have an answer, if we take the game to them.
                Yea, screw defense.
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

They absolutely can. If it was easy enough to just say it in existence I agree but the same CB who we are pressing in this scenario has won the league in Serie A which is better at defending and pressing than any Iranian player to ever exist.

If we go with 4-2-4 the question is not who our 4 forwards are. The question is who are 2 midfielders are who are both physically imposing and quick and good on the ball. Then we have to ask who are fullbacks who may become isolated against a Son or Sung are if our press fails to stop 100% of passes.

Are we counterpressing? Are we taking the game to them with possession? Who are our players who dictate tempo without losing the ball? These are all questions that need to be answered before the game.

I'm hopeful but many times before I have but our TM through multiple coaches talks big and then our strategy becomes one of Khakpour, Golmohammadi, Hosseini, or Pouraliganji looking up the field and inshallahing a ball.
                  Last edited by perspolis#1; 05-13-2023, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post

Yea, screw defense.
                    That’s exactly what we need to do.
                    Defensive approach has cost us multiple times in AC.
                    Here are some examples:
                    1996 SF vs Saudi
                    2004 SF vs China (We played scared football even before Zareh red card)
                    2007 QF vs Korea
                    2011 QF vs Korea
                    2019 SF vs Japan

Enough is enough. It takes balls to win AC, and we need to attack non-stop during the whole tournament.
                    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

They absolutely can. If it was easy enough to just say it in existence I agree but the same CB who we are pressing in this scenario has won the league in Serie A which is better at defending and pressing than any Iranian player to ever exist.

If we go with 4-2-4 the question is not who our 4 forwards are. The question is who are 2 midfielders are who are both physically imposing and quick and good on the ball. Then we have to ask who are fullbacks who may become isolated against a Son or Sung are if our press fails to stop 100% of passes.

Are we counterpressing? Are we taking the game to them with possession? Who are our players who dictate tempo without losing the ball? These are all questions that need to be answered before the game.

I'm hopeful but many times before I have but our TM through multiple coaches talks big and then our strategy becomes one of Khakpour, Golmohammadi, Hosseini, or Pouraliganji looking up the field and inshallahing a ball.
                      It’s not easy. It takes balls to play 4-2-4 against Korea, but it will pay off.

S.Korea will create chances for sure, but we will create more.

I have Mehri & Cheshmi as our 2DM. Good mixture of physically imposing and good on the ball. Ramin will take care of Son. I haven’t decided on our LB yet.

I would like us to at least have 45-50 % of the ball. Cheshmi, Mehri, Mohebbi, Sayyad are all great at keeping the ball.

Keep your faith, we’ll win this.
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

It’s not easy. It takes balls to play 4-2-4 against Korea, but it will pay off.

S.Korea will create chances for sure, but we will create more.

I have Mehri & Cheshmi as our 2DM. Good mixture of physically imposing and good on the ball. Ramin will take care of Son. I haven’t decided on our LB yet.

I would like us to at least have 45-50 % of the ball. Cheshmi, Mehri, Mohebbi, Sayyad are all great at keeping the ball.

Keep your faith, we’ll win this.
                        No Cheshmi please. He’s way too slow even for Iranian football. He had that wonderful goal but watch his appearances the rest of the World Cup - atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

No Cheshmi please. He’s way too slow even for Iranian football. He had that wonderful goal but watch his appearances the rest of the World Cup - atrocious.
                          You mean the England where almost everyone played like shit? He didn’t play vs USA.

After the WC-goal he has really upped his game. He’s bossing the midfield with clever passes, exactly what we need. Mehri has the speed to back him up.

What’s your preferred lineup? Let’s see it.
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

You mean the England where almost everyone played like shit? He didn’t play vs USA.

After the WC-goal he has really upped his game. He’s bossing the midfield with clever passes, exactly what we need. Mehri has the speed to back him up.

What’s your preferred lineup? Let’s see it.
                            For your scenario...

Beiranvand

Rezaian- Kanaani -PAG- Mohammadi

-----------------Ezatolahi-Ghoddos--------

Gholi/Sayyad------------------Torabi/Amiri

‐----------------------Taremi-----------------

-----------------------Azmoun----------

Depending on our matchups I dont think Taremi and Azmoun together work the best in a press. Especially parked teams we keep trying to cross against.

Can also drop one of Torabi or Amiri for Ghaedi as an alternate. Amiri can be subbed as a deep lying CM also next to Ezatolahi.

I see Cheshmi as a destroyer to close games out not as a tempo dictator, maybe against Australia/Syria/Jordan he works.

Ghoddos is press resistant against Asian teams and if either of our midfield can break the press, we will have 4 against their team upfront.

Last edited by perspolis#1; 05-13-2023, 10:26 AM.

Comment

For your scenario...

Beiranvand

Rezaian- Kanaani -PAG- Mohammadi

-----------------Ezatolahi-Ghoddos--------

Gholi/Sayyad------------------Torabi/Amiri

‐----------------------Taremi-----------------

-----------------------Azmoun----------

Depending on our matchups I dont think Taremi and Azmoun together work the best in a press. Especially parked teams we keep trying to cross against.

Can also drop one of Torabi or Amiri for Ghaedi as an alternate. Amiri can be subbed as a deep lying CM also next to Ezatolahi.

I see Cheshmi as a destroyer to close games out not as a tempo dictator, maybe against Australia/Syria/Jordan he works.

Ghoddos is press resistant against Asian teams and if either of our midfield can break the press, we will have 4 against their team upfront.

Interesting lineup and you bring up some valid points.

If we’re talking about the Cheshmi from 2-3 years ago, i would have agreed with you. Cheshmi nowadays aside from his defensive qualities has developed great vision in his build up play, something we have been lacking for years.

What he lacks in speed, is perfectly covered by his sidekick Mehri. That’s why i want both of them starting in TM. Another great quality about these two is that they’re not afraid to shoot, something that has been seriously lacking in TM in recent years.

My preferred lineup:
                              GK: Beiranvand
                              DF: M.Hosseini, PAG, Rezaeian, Jalali (If in form)
                              MF: Cheshmi, Mehri
                              FW: Sayyadmanesh, Mohebbi, Taremi, Azmoun

A lineup that i think could also work but isn’t my favorite:
                              GK: Beiranvand
                              DF: M.Hosseini, Kannani, Rezaeian , Amiri
                              MF: Noorafkan, Ghoddos
                              FW: Jahanbakhsh, Torabi, Taremi, Azmoun​
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

That’s exactly what we need to do.
                                Defensive approach has cost us multiple times in AC.
                                Here are some examples:
                                1996 SF vs Saudi
                                2004 SF vs China (We played scared football even before Zareh red card)
                                2007 QF vs Korea
                                2011 QF vs Korea
                                2019 SF vs Japan

Enough is enough. It takes balls to win AC, and we need to attack non-stop during the whole tournament.
                                You have a world class striker. The envy of asia in Taremi but when you have amature defenders and midfield all out attack wont win
                                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Working...
                                X