ASIAN CUP 2023 ERR 2024 dates, draw,DISCUSSION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    Lol did they not allow GN on stage or is he a little person and I didn't know it?

he has an amazing tailor. That belly looks invisible

Comment

Originally posted by Azmoun_shireh View Post

he has an amazing tailor. That belly looks invisible
      Our amazing sabzi foroosh is next Justin Trudeau in the picture

Comment

Originally posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post
        Slept over it.

TM was awarded the worst draw possible. How?

Our group is piss-poor. I follow all these Asian national teams closely. The UAE are in a transition period. No Omar Abdulrahman anymore. And their goalscorer Ali Mabkhout is in and out of the team lately. They play your classic UAE style of play. Technical, playing out of the back but without much cutting edge. I consider them a team on decline. They got grouped at the latest Gulf Cup and lost a match to Kuwait. That alone is already evidence for them going backwards. I rated the UAE as the weakest in pot 2.

Palestine I haven't watched yet. They seem to be at their highest point ever. They don't play many matches but obtain for their standard decent results. However I don't think they'll pose any threat to TM.

Hongkong I rated as the worst side of the tournament.

I personally don't believe in our chances to win the Asian Cup at all. I would have prefered tough matches early on that prepare us for WCQ. However what happened is that we got a very easy group followed by a potential tricky Round of 16 clash and an even much tougher potential quarterfinal against South Korea.

We'll win our group. Then we'll face the third o Group A/B/F. Not so scared of what could await us from Group A or Group B. I don't rate China, Lebanon, Tajikistan or Syria. However if we get a team from Group F that will be very tricky. Group F is for me a three horse race between Saudi Arabia, Oman and Thailand. I chopped up already Kyrgyzstan as bottom finisher.

We all know that TM tends to struggle against Saudi Arabia for psychological reasons.
        Oman I have down as dark horse no 1 for this Asian Cup. They have progressed nicely under Branko.
        Thailand are another side that flies under the radar under Mano Pölking.

Saudi Arabia and Oman can definately beat us. Thailand could take us maybe into a penalty shoot-out.

If we make it that far I think the quarterfinals will be where it ends. South Korea have overcome their struggle against us in last WCQ. We wouldn't have any psychological edge. South Korea are I think a better side than us. They would beat us.

Better don't expect much guys. It looks to me like a quarterfinal or even Round of 16 exit.

My early predictions are Japan - Australia and Oman - South Korea in the semi-finals with a Japan - Oman final with Japan winning their fifth Asian Cup. Cheers.
        I disagree with you on several points.

First off, minimal chance Oman beats us. Their league is not even comparable to ours and they have 0 legionares. We also have their number. Their 2019 team was better than their current team, and we defeated them easily. Oman won’t reach further than R16.

Thailand sucks. I have Kyrgyzstan finishing above them.

Our draw is really a dream draw. Everything is set up for us to win the AC, and now it’s time to do it.

S.Korea will be defeated, especially now when Klinsmann is their coach. Do you remember his remarks against us after our game against Wales? If there is one thing i have learned about our rivalry with S.Korea, it’s that whenever their coach talks shit about us we beat them.

I agree with you about Saudi. They’re my only concern.

I also don’t like our GS-draw, but for different reason than you. If we were in S.Korea group our games would have been much more fun lol. Now GS will be boring…​
        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post

I disagree with you on several points.

First off, minimal chance Oman beats us. Their league is not even comparable to ours and they have 0 legionares. We also have their number. Their 2019 team was better than their current team, and we defeated them easily. Oman won’t reach further than R16.

Thailand sucks. I have Kyrgyzstan finishing above them.

Our draw is really a dream draw. Everything is set up for us to win the AC, and now it’s time to do it.

S.Korea will be defeated, especially now when Klinsmann is their coach. Do you remember his remarks against us after our game against Wales? If there is one thing i have learned about our rivalry with S.Korea, it’s that whenever their coach talks shit about us we beat them.

I agree with you about Saudi. They’re my only concern.

I also don’t like our GS-draw, but for different reason than you. If we were in S.Korea group our games would have been much more fun lol. Now GS will be boring…​
          Dadash, it's up to you. You can keep on talking us up or you can be realistic. We created a ton of half chances against the worst Russian team in years. HALF CHANCES. Do you find that impressive? We created almost nothing against Kenya lol.

We don't have an Asian Cup winning team. We just don't have the midfield. Nor do we have the right attitude and mentality.

You don't follow Asian football, mate. Oman stronger in 2019? LOL.

Did you miss Oman's win at Japan in WCQ? Did you miss that they finished only a single point adrift of Australia who went on to qualify for the World Cup making it even to the Round of 16? Oman played Germany very close in a friendly and created actually several goalscoring chances. I saw further improvements at the recent Gulf Cup. Branko has lifted this team to a whole new level.

Thailand flies under the radar. They beat Vietnam at the South Eastern Asian Championships and played some beautiful football. They did lose two friendlies to UAE and Syria in March but were perfectly equal if not better than these teams on the balance of play. Just couldn't finish.
          Kyrgystan have declined a lot. They've got a new manager now but that won't help them. On current form I would expect Thailand to pummel Kyrgyzstan.

Unlike you my two favourites for Asian Cup glory are Japan and Australia. I think both come off the back of a good World Cup and both hold on their respectieve manager. Oman are your best bet for a surprise.

Saudi Arabia are lead by a caretaker manager. They will announce their new manager only in June. They will be at best contenders for me but not favoruites.

Comment

Having said all that I will not believe in TM until I see them playing actually with some purpose and pattern. We need to improve our chance creation and finishing. It's worrying that we scored on Russia and Kenya only thanks to a penalty, an own goal and a goalkeeper error.

Comment

It's a tournament.
              If the team catches form and is united, and most importantly we don't have injuries on major players, we will get to the semis at least.
              The rest is a crap shoot.

Also it's too many teams for Asia. None of these groups look entertaining.

Comment

Dadash, it's up to you. You can keep on talking us up or you can be realistic. We created a ton of half chances against the worst Russian team in years. HALF CHANCES. Do you find that impressive? We created almost nothing against Kenya lol.

We don't have an Asian Cup winning team. We just don't have the midfield. Nor do we have the right attitude and mentality.

You don't follow Asian football, mate. Oman stronger in 2019? LOL.

Did you miss Oman's win at Japan in WCQ? Did you miss that they finished only a single point adrift of Australia who went on to qualify for the World Cup making it even to the Round of 16? Oman played Germany very close in a friendly and created actually several goalscoring chances. I saw further improvements at the recent Gulf Cup. Branko has lifted this team to a whole new level.

Thailand flies under the radar. They beat Vietnam at the South Eastern Asian Championships and played some beautiful football. They did lose two friendlies to UAE and Syria in March but were perfectly equal if not better than these teams on the balance of play. Just couldn't finish.
                Kyrgystan have declined a lot. They've got a new manager now but that won't help them. On current form I would expect Thailand to pummel Kyrgyzstan.

Unlike you my two favourites for Asian Cup glory are Japan and Australia. I think both come off the back of a good World Cup and both hold on their respectieve manager. Oman are your best bet for a surprise.

Saudi Arabia are lead by a caretaker manager. They will announce their new manager only in June. They will be at best contenders for me but not favoruites.
                Yeah you’re right. I should be more realistic like you and predict Oman as a finalist.

Come on man. That game against Russia was very entertaining, with TM attacking non stop for a large portion of the game. The same Russia who outplayed Iraq a few days later. The same Iraq who outplayed your dear Oman in the PERSIAN Gulf Cup final earlier.

The problem with creating chances was solved as soon as we got rid of that goozoo charlatan who messed up 5 tournaments for us.
                The goals will come, as long as we stick to an attacking game plan.

Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Having said all that I will not believe in TM until I see them playing actually with some purpose and pattern. We need to improve our chance creation and finishing. It's worrying that we scored on Russia and Kenya only thanks to a penalty, an own goal and a goalkeeper error.
                  It’s about peaking at the right moment. I rather see us starting slowly and building momentum throughout the tournament, peaking at the SF and Final.
                  Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Iran matches and times (PST/LA/Vancouver):

Jan 14 vs. Palestine 10:30am

Jan 19 vs. Hong Kong 10:30am

Jan 23 vs. UAE 8:00am

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      It's a tournament.
                      If the team catches form and is united, and most importantly we don't have injuries on major players, we will get to the semis at least.
                      The rest is a crap shoot.

Also it's too many teams for Asia. None of these groups look entertaining.
                      I actually think most groups will be fun to watch, with our group being the exception lol. Especially group E is my favorite. Overrated Korea could very well slip up against Bahrain or Jordan…
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post

I actually think most groups will be fun to watch, with our group being the exception lol. Especially group E is my favorite. Overrated Korea could very well slip up against Bahrain or Jordan…
                        South Korea will get by on the fumes of their previous coach. Once Klinsmann's coaching starts taking effect, then you will notice Korea will start declining.

Comment

South Korea will get by on the fumes of their previous coach. Once Klinsmann's coaching starts taking effect, then you will notice Korea will start declining.
                          Same can be said with TM

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Same can be said with TM
                            I don't hate GN as much as people here do. I will give him the benfit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Same can be said with TM
                              No, the opposite could be said about TM. As soon as that charlatan got kicked out, the chains that held back our boys was cut.
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Will be very interesting to see them under Klinsmann.

Their best bet to get far in the tournament would be to finish 2nd in their group. Unless they want to get kicked out in the QF.

Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Working...
                                X