• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    Azmoun clearly said team had fitness issue for last match
    https://video.varzesh3.com/video/266...B3%D8%AA%D9%85

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
    If an unexperienced coach pushed unfit players, one could understand. But a coach with so much WC experience, who blamed fitness for poor results in the third game of 2014 WC, a coach that is provided with a roster of 26 instead of usual 23, and 5 subs instead of 3 subs, should not pick a tired or unrested team. Rotate your players. Sub 4 players in the 55th minute, so both players that played 55 and the ones playing 35 will be ready in 4 days. Anyways, it sounds like an excuse. Fitness should not affect the first half, and that is the half that we had nothing to say on the field. Bad tactics and mindset was the problem.

PS Not sure if Azmoun was talking about himself being unfit or the whole team.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      Azmoun clearly said team had fitness issue for last match
      https://video.varzesh3.com/video/266...B3%D8%AA%D9%85

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
      He was the only one not running out there everyone else was running ,,,, we played like 10 men that 1st half against the USA…

Think about it a 27-year-old Sardar couldn’t out run outmaneuver out pace out strength a 35-year-old Tim ream think about that

I saw Sardar on Instagram for the past year and a half all he’s been eating is big Macs and eating out and flying to the horse stable he owns and playing with his horses he has it like he’s giving up football the past year and a half he doesn’t even train

Comment

A day has passed, and I started to actually wonder what CQ could’ve done differently?

Clearly, America was the superior team. But after halftime, I think we should’ve went with a 4-5-1 to help regain the midfield a bit, looking like this:

Taremi
        Torabi Amiri Ezatollahi Ghoddos Gholizadeh

Amiri provides hustle, fresh legs, and technical ability, as does Ghoddos. Nourellahi and Hajsafi may have worked against Wales, but at halftime, it was clear we needed HIGHER quality players in the midfield.

Karimi is too slow, Hajsafi was outmatched technically, and Nourellahi lacks the decision-making of Amiri and Ghoddos.

Anyways, it’s over, but if we had fielded our best midfield, maybe it’d make the difference.

Comment

Did PAG cry after the game? If yes, I wouldn't understand him, he favor big money instead of progress during 7 years.

Comment

Tajiks pre-match comments USA vs Iran

Comment

Comment

Went back and watched this match again in full, first time since watching it live during the WC. It was enough to bear this time around.

We just were demoralized. The urgency was there at times, but the team felt empty. You could tell on the players morale was low and they weren't into it like how it was against Portugal in 2018, and for justified reasons.

Even despite that we could have very easily tied it. First half we were flat footed but second half had pressure, just could not finish the job. The Americans had faster, quicker feet than us technically. You could tell our team was older and slower

Stand out performances from Taremi and Rezaian who were very active and Jalali. Ghoddos was active too

Other than that it was a bitter, numbing ending to the world cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Hosseini; 07-28-2023, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                  Went back and watched this match again in full, first time since watching it live during the WC. It was enough to bear this time around.

We just were demoralized. The urgency was there at times, but the team felt empty. You could tell on the players morale was low and they weren't into it like how it was against Portugal in 2018, and for justified reasons.

Even despite that we could have very easily tied it. First half we were flat footed but second half had pressure, just could not finish the job. The Americans had faster, quicker feet than us technically. You could tell our team was older and slower

Stand out performances from Taremi and Rezaian who were very active and Jalali. Ghoddos was active too

Other than that it was a bitter, numbing ending to the world cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  One issue with tm is not enough rest days between matches....that's why first half their legs looked heavy..us just better athletics.....
                  and it will get worst in 2026
                  3 games in 9 days....except for few players can't start almost same players all 3 matches.

Comment

Very surprising that nobody in Iran, from medias, Fans, coaches don't outline the absoluty need of fast players in today football. That's the proof all them are just ignorant of today football and just see it as a game of dribble 4 opponents like prime messi.

All these while showing world class football every day and having seen England/Iran and USA/Iran in first class.

Comment

Working...
                    X