Line up and concerns vs USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
    Ideal formation has 2 CDM’s, one like Saeid with good strength who can play an accurate outlet pass, and the other quicker with ability to press for long periods like Amiri. Ghoddos should play on the left and the rest should be unchanged from Wales game. Team needs to avoid sitting in too deep of a block as USA could create issues over 100 minutes of football. I would like to see Iran try to maintain possession for longer stretches of the game as compared to wales in order to be able to dictate the pace and momentum of the game.
    Also, I hope the players can maintain the level of intensity and emotion they exhibited against Wales. As we all know, they expended a great deal of physical and mental energy to get the job done. Can they replicate that? They probably will, as this game is just like a final encounter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
      How can someone not put Ramin Rezaian in the first line up ?

I think Taremi, Azmoun,Nourollahi,Ezzatolahi, might be some players who may not be at 100% , we can win this game, it was very hard against Wales and England but we have enough rested players and also players like Gholizadeh must still be at 100%.

i have to disagree with Raminangeles, we have the oldest team but we are still not that old, around 30 is not old and we have enough fresh players who can replace tired ones without affection, we have much more quality to score, we have much more experience.

yes the USA team is much faster and looks very fresh but they could not score more than 1 goal yet, also our coach beats their coach and also overall i think we have some more quality players overall.

they need to win, we only need a draw, i cant see wales beating england, thats nearly impossible even though in football all is possible.
      do you really believe we have better quality players overall? i think we're the better and more experienced team. but their individual talent is off the hook. this is the most stacked US side of all time. they're just young/raw and their coach is incompetent.

their squad has players at juventus, ac milan, chelsea, dortmund, valencia, arsenal, leeds, fulham...etc.

Comment

Marcelo Balboa was on TV just now, saying that the first 15 minutes are crucial and that the U.S. needs to press with intensity during that period. The U.S, he added, should not let Iran get into any rhythm by limiting their succesion of passes and foul (one or two yellow cards are no big deal, I guess) if they have to.

Ironically, this is the same approach they adopted in 1998, but this team is much better. Still, I believe relentless pressure would eventually open the door to Iran's monstrous counter attacks. But Iran needs to be careful with set pieces and fouls in the area, too. And as most people on this forum have stressed, a balanced approach--unlike the one against England--will be the key to success. The longer Iran withdstand the pressure, the more confident they'll get.

I think the players are highly motivated (Klinsmann might have helped a bit), knowing that this could be the ultimate opportunity for greatness, and perhaps the last one for many of them, where their names could be forever etched in history.

Comment

Originally posted by orbicular View Post
          Marcelo Balboa was on TV just now, saying that the first 15 minutes are crucial and that the U.S. needs to press with intensity during that period. The U.S, he added, should not let Iran get into any rhythm by limiting their succesion of passes and foul (one or two yellow cards are no big deal, I guess) if they have to.

Ironically, this is the same approach they adopted in 1998, but this team is much better. Still, I believe relentless pressure would eventually open the door to Iran's monstrous counter attacks. But Iran needs to be careful with set pieces and fouls in the area, too. And as most people on this forum have stressed, a balanced approach--unlike the one against England--will be the key to success. The longer Iran withdstand the pressure, the more confident they'll get.

I think the players are highly motivated (Klinsmann might have helped a bit), knowing that this could be the ultimate opportunity for greatness, and perhaps the last one for many of them, where their names could be forever etched in history.
          TM has the experience and with the correct line up we can win this. As you said, if TM is able to withstand the first 15-20 min and not have any blunders, we can get the US team with their pants down on counters until they get gassed out. In both the game against Wales and England, US was showing fatigue by the 70th minute. TM just need to play it cool, keep a level head and not allow any mistakes or accidents like the game against England. The score line against England would’ve been completely different if Beiro wasn’t injured. I still say Majid should’ve been subbed also. He probably was concussed too.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post

do you really believe we have better quality players overall? i think we're the better and more experienced team. but their individual talent is off the hook. this is the most stacked US side of all time. they're just young/raw and their coach is incompetent.

their squad has players at juventus, ac milan, chelsea, dortmund, valencia, arsenal, leeds, fulham...etc.
            I believe the quality gap is not as high as the clubs situation indicates. Iran would have had a lot more people in Europe if the political situation was different, and if Sarbazi situation was not there.

Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post

TM has the experience and with the correct line up we can win this. As you said, if TM is able to withstand the first 15-20 min and not have any blunders, we can get the US team with their pants down on counters until they get gassed out. In both the game against Wales and England, US was showing fatigue by the 70th minute. TM just need to play it cool, keep a level head and not allow any mistakes or accidents like the game against England. The score line against England would’ve been completely different if Beiro wasn’t injured. I still say Majid should’ve been subbed also. He probably was concussed too.
              The two previous games underscore for Iran the importance of pacing themselves. They need to be able to compete with the U.S. beyond the 60-minute mark, not expending way too much energy, providing they do not surrender goals early. The U.S seems to have a bit too much confidence, just as they did in 1998. Zimmerman, during a press conference today, was saying that Iran have a couple of players up front that they have to keep an eye on. It seems as though they're already looking past Iran-- a dangerous thing to do, considering how mercurial and unpredictable teams of Iran have been over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                There will be few concerns:
                1. If Beiro is healthy, should he starts or Hosseini?
                I will go with Hosseini, he had a great game
                2. Will Sardar, Saeed, Nour be fit enough?
                3. Please No JB.
                My line up if everyone is healthy,
                Hosseini
                Ramin, Majid, PAG, Milad
                Saeed, Hajsafi
                Gholi, Nour, Taremi
                Sardar
                If Sardar and one of Nour, saeed(and hopefully not both) are not fit:
                Hosseini
                Ramin, Majid, PAG,Milad
                Saeed, Hajsafi
                Gholi, Amiri, Torabi
                Taremi
                CQ will most likely send defensive line up as a tie qualify us. I just hope is not too defensive, and please no AK and Cheshmi despite the goal.
                I just hope Nour recover, he had hell of game. Will be hard to replace him.
                Go TM

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Vis vis all over the net is
                germAZ agha will buy you
                soltani with kobideh ezafeh and
                Mokhalafat

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post

Vis vis all over the net is
                  germAZ agha will buy you
                  soltani with kobideh ezafeh and
                  Mokhalafat
                  شما هم بیا.
                  قرار شد بریم عطاری 😁

Comment

شما هم بیا.
                    قرار شد بریم عطاری 😁

When 2023 😆?

Comment

Estadoth Unidoth don’t have Lan Don Don O Vun to help them.

And Timothy Wee Wee can’t Wee Wee behind Eye-RaNnN dee-FaynSs unless Ahhhh-RaNn are Ahhh-Sleep.

But rest assured Eye-Ron ain’t sleepin cause thayeT ding dong klinsclown gone said sum stupid about EyE-RaYn.

They gone shit in dem trenches when thayt Porto Man come runnin through thayt back Lan, they be runnin scayyed.

Comment

شما هم بیا.
                        قرار شد بریم عطاری 😁

Guys go shamshiri for cholokabab.

Attari is good for abgoosht on Friday,
                        kale pache on weekend.
                        Their kabob has lost quality and same price
                        More than shamshiri.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                          we're really underestimating the situation here and need to manage our expectations:

-the US needs a win or their tournament is over. they'll be extremely motivated and play with nothing to lose.

- we're the oldest team in the WC with slow players and we're about to face an incredibly athletic, young and blazing-fast squad for two 50-minute halves in a "must win" game. no idea how we keep focus and stamina for 100+ minutes.

-team melli may be emotionally exhausted after the rollercoaster of the last 2 games. they left it all on the field against wales....whereas the US and england game lacked intensity especially in the late 2nd half

-if we fall behind against the US, it'll be very hard to come back against their defenders. their defenders were dispossessing the english players at will. the same english players who TM had zero success getting the ball from

-the US is head and shoulders above wales. there's a reason wales hasn't been to the world cup in 50+ years. they're a tiny country with population of 3million, they were just happy to be at the tournament.

Super curious how CQ lines us up...we have amiri, kanani, shoja, saman all 100% rested. wouldn't be surprised to see them all on the field, especially saman (ajb is out).

if we can stonewall the US for the first 30 minutes, their frustration and inexperience will set in and they'll be vulnerable to our counterattacks.
                          As a USA fan coming in peace, this post is very accurate.

Gregg Berhalter's teams have consistently struggled to break down a low block, and win away from the United States. They will have to do both to advance.

In World Cup Qualifying, both Costa Rica and Canada got results against us because they held firm for long periods of the game in a low block with us dominating possession, and were clinical in counterattacks.

The default for Berhalter teams when facing a defensive low block is sending a million hopeless crosses into the box. If Team Melli is organized and defends well in the air they will have a very good chance to win.

Also, AMA if you have questions about the USMNT. I'm here to learn, and have a great deal of respect for Team Melli.

Comment

Iran has the upper hand.
                            Not for the obvious factor of needing only a draw. But for the following:
                            1- US needs a win and a draw is not enough. So they will come up, open up and provide space all over their backline.
                            2- The US team, while good technically and very pacy, are very young and inexperienced.

A controlled game where we play possession football and eat up time would pile great stress on the inexperienced lot. If you reach halftime with no scores, that pressure will double.
                            by Min 70, they will get desperate and open up wide at the back. Which will suit the likes of taremi, Gholi, ... etc. to hurt them.

But a defensive TM which sits too far back and close to the box (like vs england) is not the way. A heavily congested midfield (4 to 5 at least) would make life very hard for them and easy for our possession football.
                            Not all should be defensive minded players. But players who can KEEP THE BALL, BE ABLE TO DRIBBLE A BIT, GOOD PASSING & Intelligent to move into spaces or create space,and be quick on the feet.

Not a tall order for our lads

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post

Guys go shamshiri for cholokabab.

Attari is good for abgoosht on Friday,
                              kale pache on weekend.
                              Their kabob has lost quality and same price
                              More than shamshiri.
                              Rafi Kabab ...the best one in So Cal.. it's not even close.
                              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post

Rafi Kabab ...the best one in So Cal.. it's not even close.
                                I agree Rafi is the best(kabob only)
                                little far to drive to armenia.
                                we usually settle at shamshiri lol

Anyway
                                Don't go atari for kabob

Comment

Working...
                                X