(25.11.22) FIFA World Cup 2022 MD 2: Wales - Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golefarsi View Post
    I think Iran has already proven that going in to WC and play chicken shit defensive won't get you anywhere. In the end you will get scored on and you will lose the game, even if you defend well and put on a good display.

We showed we can create good chances when we actually tried to attack, as someone said 6-2 is better than 6-0...
    Judging from the last match, I think CQ needs a few more WC's to figure this out!

Comment

3-0 Wales. This team is beyond repair.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        I just heard some stuff online, which I cannot verify at all, but if any of it is true, the TM players are being f***ed from all sides.
        Truly horrifying stuff. People have officially lost the plot.
        It's supposedly gotten to a point that the players just want to leave.
        Thanks for sharing Nokhodi jaan.

I appreciate the pressure they're under but they're all high-paid professionals and really need to pull themselves together.

Or alternatively, if they knew/know they can't, they should have/should just withdraw(n) or find some way (within regulations) not to play.

Probably unpopular and very harsh opinion but if they choose to further represent Iran (and did so already knowing what the situation was/is) and they want to showcase their talent to the world to improve their careers, then put the bacheh-nanneh stuff to the side for a few days.

As the Spanish say "no hay otra" or "there is no other [way]".
        Last edited by Bi-honar; 11-23-2022, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
          You don't know
          salavat is back at pfdc.
          we will not lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post

Thanks for sharing Nokhodi jaan.

I appreciate the pressure they're under but they're all high-paid professional and really need to pull themselves together.

Or alternatively, if they knew/know they can't, they should have/should just withdraw or find some way (within regulations) not to play.

Probably unpopular and very harsh opinion but if they choose to further represent Iran (and did so already knowing what the situation was/is) and they want to showcase their talent to the world to improve their careers, then put the bacheh-nanneh stuff to the side for a few days.

As the Spanish say "no hay otra" or "there is no other [way]".
            I mean... this a bit more than the usual sports pressure. Their livelihoods and freedom are probably under threat.

I really hope they continue and prove the hater wrong by getting results (although it's unlikely we will either match), but if they just forfeit, I would not blame them at all.

Comment

Engl is whole other level than wales and usa. Im not sure those 2 teams would qualifiie from afc with 100% every time. England would. I ra k teams as Saudi, Japan, S Korea, Australia over them. And also Iran. If we are there mentally we will not se england first half repeat.

Confident we will go through, and happy its wales in game 2, pace of the game will be slower and we can combo up their defense with our nomal lineup. Then go all in vs usa. That will be a exhiting game.

Boys will bounce back, before the game it was hard to pinpoint mental stage, after rhe game it was easy, to know where to start. Cq and experianced players will handle it.

We were in a way lucky we got england first, a breakdown mentaly in game 1 vs wales or usa would mean we are out, since then we got a must get result and probably win game vs england left.

Odds are in our favour.
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I don‘t think we necesseraly need to play more offensively vs Wales, we just need to defend better!
                All goals we got scored on by England were on defensive errors.
                That 1-0 Bellingham goal was a simple cross, maybe the most English goal England could have scored…(you should be prepared to defend that), why would you let them cross the ball like that? Saka‘s goal…again CBs too late!
                Sterling‘s goal…again Wing Backs and CBs too late! CQ: Switch to man marking when your defenders are not able to do zonal marking!!

I have watched Wales multiple times before, you can only expect creativity from the middle of the pitch via Aaron Ramsey , Ramsey needs to be closed down via Ezatolahi or Nouralahi ! Man marking!!
                Don‘t let the Welsh cross the ball, Ampadou and Bale will try to exploit the flanks via quick 1-2 passes, maybe instead of Mohammadi and Moharammi we could use Ramin and Amiri ?
                Whatver they do, just dont let them cross the ball!!
                And someone needs to be with Bale all the time, don‘t let him shoot from outside the box!
                Tbh I can only see Wales scoring via crosses against us.
                Defense will be key in that match!

And also please no JB, Gholi or Torabi instead

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

I mean... this a bit more than the usual sports pressure. Their livelihoods and freedom are probably under threat.

I really hope they continue and prove the hater wrong by getting results (although it's unlikely we will either match), but if they just forfeit, I would not blame them at all.
                  I agree 100% that it's more than the usual sports pressure and I'm fine with a forfeit as well but I honestly don't think their freedoms and livelihoods are under threat.

Let's face it, If everyone who gets nasty messages or even threats on SM stopped working, we'd all be unemployed!

IMHO we - being the good Iranians that we are - are blowing this way out of proportion like we do with everything.
                  Last edited by Bi-honar; 11-23-2022, 03:00 AM.

Comment

They have it all in their own hands now. US can even draw England, Iran only need a draw in that game if they win this with Wales. No excuses.

Comment

Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Iran just have to show their A-game on Friday, otherwise it won't be enough for Wales. If we show a Masmali performance like that again, Wales will beat us no question. I compare our situation with that of Turkey last year at the European Championship. Turkey is definitely not a worse team than us or even better than Iran, except maybe our attack. The Turks also got a real 3-0 dismantling from Italy, which they didn't expect and by God the Turks are as crazy and emotional as we are, sometimes they are over-motivated or they see everything in the black. Well, the end of the story was that they didn't recover from the emotional defeat and didn't see any chance against Wales and lost 2-0, we have to do better. Wales are not a foregone conclusion. If we beat Wales, I am confident that we will play a good game against the USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTjC...ndaryMatchesTV
                        Watch the highlights, they seem pretty dangerous through flanks, they have enough good people from midfield to play balls behind the defence and of course the standards are dangerous.
                        ​

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post

Interesting theory. Just trying to figure out if I agree with this or not. What do you consider physical strength? Height, Weight? How much they can bench press? 100 yard dash speed? Without any data, I am just guessing that we matched England pretty well except perhaps speed.

To me England beat us yesterday by being more organized, extremely sharp and quick passing and lots of running off the ball. It also helped that they were very clinical in front of the goal. They had seven shots on target and six went in and in my opinion, none were goalie's fault. They just played really well and we did not.​
                          We could play that unfocused defence vs syria and get trashed 3-0 aswell. I say as the commentator someone posted today, that was not the real Iran.

Very interesting theory by Ali Doust, i have to agree on that one.

Edit: also sry if i accidently edited in my text in yours, fixed it now. Edit and quotebutton are right next to eachother on my phone display, so I thought i was quoting your post. ☺
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                            That is the exact score I had on my mind. Our defense and midfield is too weak this time around.

Comment

golbezanpodcast.com
                              twitter.com/GolBezan
                              instagram.com/GolBezan
                              youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Guys, I know mood is negative and downbeat, but let's send positive energy to our boys and of course the people of Iran. Us being negative and moaning is not going to do anything for anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X