No announcement yet.

IRAN VS ENGLAND POST GAME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although it's natural to be upset and disappointed, if the team can recover mentally (and improve their focus and concertation), this isn't as terrible as I feared. Here are some positives:.
    • Many of our important players are rested (Kanani, Saeid, JB, Saman, Sardar, etc.).
    • I was always afraid of getting humiliated at the WC, it just happened, and so what? Nobody cares, everybody is on to the next game.
    • We scored twice, against England. If I told myself before the game we were going to score twice, I would've been ecstatic.
    • Taremi is a beast. Confirmed. First Iran player to score a brace in the WC. A level or two above every TM player. His first goal was really nice.
    • CQ tried something, it failed. It will help him stick to what works best.
    • We were always going to lose this game (our WC begins vs Wales). A -4 goal differential isn't ideal but we need to win the next two games to control our own destiny.
    • The pressure is off now, we just lost our toughest match.
    • I know CQ got it wrong, but even if he started Kanani/Saeid, it's not like we would've drawn/won. We were outmatched in every facet.
    The only issue is we weren't as focused as before (wonder if the protests back home are taking a toll). If we can sharpen ourselves mentally, this isn't over.

Comment

when your worst nightmare becomes a reality, you have nothing left to fear. The humiliation has already happened. Taremi and Azmoun can score against any team in the world. Go all out attack next two games and salvage something.
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
        My match ratings.

Team gets 2,5 brokkliis of 5,
        COACH CQ 1 brokkli and one bademjan
        Taremi gets 5 stars no brokklis and no bademjans
        Didn't expect you give to CQ brokklis and bademjan!!!
        more like come and make some excuses for him
        but at least you are honest.
        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
        نگاه میکنید.
        sigpic
        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by IranPuma View Post
          I'm honestly feeling good. The players protested. We lost Beiro and now you can see the quality difference. Players were mentally in a tough place and it got worse when we lost our goalie. I'm not even mad at anyone, I even feel sorry for our backup goalie. At that point it was what it is. We still fought and made it a GD of 4 when it could've easily been 10-0. I think CQ sees the quality difference in the second half and we play defensive but more counter attacking with the likes of Azmoun, Taremi, JB, Good, and Golizadeh etc. I truly think we can still get 6 points. It won't be easy but hopefully the fans start to show some support if the players continue to protest and speak out more and more. We're still very much in this. Losing to a WC favorite isn't mind blowing.
          Exactly, it's an experience. They're there to learn and play with the fastest.
          Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post

Lol 😁
            Have to be honest we lost on markings of mcguire, every corner in first half was a distaster. Taremi showed he can go up agaonst him and score and we have some decent assisters aswell. .

Posotives:Happy for second haff grit and when we play pur strenghts we atleast scoee. its not over just se it as a good prepge if they can bounce back mentaly
            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post

Still funny how some say the result was flattered. Engeland should have got a penalty, hit the crossbar.. they also slowed down after the 4-0

This could have been wayyyyy worse.

Stop it with the God King defending.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post

Still funny how some say the result was flattered. Engeland should have got a penalty, hit the crossbar.. they also slowed down after the 4-0

This could have been wayyyyy worse.

Stop it with the God King defending.
                if england wanted they could have scored 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                  when your worst nightmare becomes a reality, you have nothing left to fear. The humiliation has already happened. Taremi and Azmoun can score against any team in the world. Go all out attack next two games and salvage something.
                  Ironically we hired the coach who, for all his positives, probably won't do that. I hope I am wrong though!

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                    Although it's natural to be upset and disappointed, if the team can recover mentally (and improve their focus and concertation), this isn't as terrible as I feared. Here are some positives:.
                    • Many of our important players are rested (Kanani, Saeid, JB, Saman, Sardar, etc.).
                    • I was always afraid of getting humiliated at the WC, it just happened, and so what? Nobody cares, everybody is on to the next game.
                    • We scored twice, against England. If I told myself before the game we were going to score twice, I would've been ecstatic.
                    • Taremi is a beast. Confirmed. First Iran player to score a brace in the WC. A level or two above every TM player. His first goal was really nice.
                    • CQ tried something, it failed. It will help him stick to what works best.
                    • We were always going to lose this game (our WC begins vs Wales). A -4 goal differential isn't ideal but we need to win the next two games to control our own destiny.
                    • The pressure is off now, we just lost our toughest match.
                    • I know CQ got it wrong, but even if he started Kanani/Saeid, it's not like we would've drawn/won. We were outmatched in every facet.
                    The only issue is we weren't as focused as before (wonder if the protests back home are taking a toll). If we can sharpen ourselves mentally, this isn't over.
                    It's fieldwork, we have nothing to lose. TMs sole purpose in life is not to create a sense of pride for Diaspora Iranians, they need to play with the best and get humiliated (it's all relative) if it means progressing.
                    Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

First of all, not the end of the world to have lost the first game to England. It was expected. The score is a bit disappointing though.

But:

What was CQ thinking not taking Shahab for that empty spot. No excuse for it, even if he had not planned to play him at all. At least we would get another player getting some exposure. Given that Sardar is half injured, it is criminal that Shahab is not there. He is surely better than half of this team.

What was CQ thinking taking 4 goalies?!!!

CQ may have planned to lose this game gracefully and save his players for the next two games. But if that is the case, you play your best, most experienced defensive line!

Not a lost cause!!

Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

I really don’t want to revisit the first half, an absolute catastrophe of the highest order.
                        • everything that could’ve gone wrong went wrong after Beiranvand went off… I hope he’s back next game
                        • Defence- Cheshmi never had nor should have a place in the team. Hosseini with yet another disappointing display. Mohammadi suspect defensively. Moharrami was good and
                        • we didn’t have a midfield line, Ezzatolahi looked so out of place when on. Karimi invisible honestly, Nour ran a lot. Next game would be better to have Ghoddos, Nour and a third starting
                        • Offensively Taremi was lonely. As always, Gholi a useful sub, I don’t want him starting. AJB continues to look like a pure footballing amateur at club and country level unless against Lebanon or Syria. In all honesty perhaps a sports psychologist is needed?
                        • Taremi needs Azmoun with him and in all honesty Torabi is a menace who causes trouble when on. Azmoun looked a bit sluggish as expected given his injury.
                        A loss was expected. This embarrassment wasn’t until the lineup was published. Hopefully we learn the necessary lessons, because in all honesty our World Cup always started on Friday. Zendebad Team Melli.
                        Support Iran until the end

Comment

The most important thing is that Wales dont win tonight. If Wales win we HAVE to Beat Them next round or we are out because of the goal difference.
                          The best thing is a draw. If not then a USA win. But if Wales win Then we are forced to win our next two games

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
                            The most important thing is that Wales dont win tonight. If Wales win we HAVE to Beat Them next round or we are out because of the goal difference.
                            The best thing is a draw. If not then a USA win. But if Wales win Then we are forced to win our next two games
                            If wales win they have 3 pts, if we win vs wales we have both have 3pts

If england wins vs usa and wales table will look like this

eng 9 pts 3 games
                            iran 3 pts 2 games
                            Wales 3 pts 3 games
                            Usa 0 pts 2 games

meaning even a draw vs usa and 4 pts takes us to round of 16

Either way, we need to beat the winner of next game, and if england goes 9 pts, a draw in our remaining game is enough for next round.
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

If its a draw, we need to win 1 game, hope for england not loosing, and get atleast a draw in our remaining game?
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post

If wales win they have 3 pts, if we win vs wales we have both have 3pts

If england wins vs usa and wales table will look like this

eng p pts 3 games
                                iran 3 pts 2 games
                                Wales 3 pts 3 games
                                Usa 0 pts 2 games

meaning even a draw vs usa and 4 pts takes us to round of 16

Either way, we need to beat the winner of next game, and if england goes 9 ots a draw in the other game is next round if i calculated correct.
                                But if we draw USA and Wales draw England, they are through on better GD. And believe me they Can draw England i the last game.
                                Besides, I dont want our next match to be an all or nothing match.

If Wales and USA draw scenario:
                                lets say USA loose to England and we win against Wales. Then we Can draw against usa and hope Wales doesnt win. Or just win against USA.
                                OR
                                we Can draw against Wales and usa loose to England. Then we need to beat Usa and hope Wales dont beat England.

So the Best thing is that Wales doesnt win. I rather have 2 chances for qualifying than one.

again, Wales must not win

Comment

Working...
                                X