Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

Hashemian was not part of TM in 2004.

Mahdavikia was great but Karimi lasted half a seasom at Bayern pretty much.

Rezaei was a tank at Messina but in 2004 was slapping our own defenders in a game vs Oman where we were losing
    Hashemian joined TM after AC for start of wcq in 04 i believe. And even if he didn’t it doesn’t exclude him from this discussion.

Also regarding Karimi, the point I’m making is overall quality, not longevity. Could 2024 or even 2020-21 peak sardar compete with makaay or pizarro of 2005?

Comment

Hashemian was not part of TM in 2004.

Mahdavikia was great but Karimi lasted half a seasom at Bayern pretty much.

Rezaei was a tank at Messina but in 2004 was slapping our own defenders in a game vs Oman where we were losing
      Karimi actually had one full good season with bayern. His first season

He was heavily injured during his second season.

After that injury he wasn't the same. Otherwise, he was on track to reach world class levels.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post

Karimi actually had one full good season with bayern. His first season

He was heavily injured during his second season.

After that injury he wasn't the same. Otherwise, he was on track to reach world class levels.
        Got it, just looked back at the stats but his game versus Germany that got him into Bayern was the biggest highlight of that era. That first season he had 20 appearances and scored 3 goals. He did not start all these games either often brought in as a sub. His second season he played 13 games with 1 goal.

I truly believe he was being taught how to actually play team football at Bayern and he felt that stifled him. He scored one CL goal vs Red Bull Salzburg. In terms of "excitement" on the weekends, even a dud like Azmoun has scored UCL goals against Bayern, Atletico.

I'm not comparing the whole legacy of these players but the point made was that 20 yrs ago our legionaires were doing more exciting things on the weekends. I watched them then and honestly there are more games to watch now.

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post
          Lol @ general calling javad kazemian
          "shahla khanoom" after kazmuan showed up to sepahan practice with his eyebrows fixed, same practice kazemian says something bad to general
          he gets suspended 3 weeks.
          Or
          Hashem bikzadeh using the toilet seating backward.

Latest episode of kiyo 360
          Atleast he didnt call him Leyla 😅🤣
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Got it, just looked back at the stats but his game versus Germany that got him into Bayern was the biggest highlight of that era. That first season he had 20 appearances and scored 3 goals. He did not start all these games either often brought in as a sub. His second season he played 13 games with 1 goal.

I truly believe he was being taught how to actually play team football at Bayern and he felt that stifled him. He scored one CL goal vs Red Bull Salzburg. In terms of "excitement" on the weekends, even a dud like Azmoun has scored UCL goals against Bayern, Atletico.

I'm not comparing the whole legacy of these players but the point made was that 20 yrs ago our legionaires were doing more exciting things on the weekends. I watched them then and honestly there are more games to watch now.
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vLMZdY...dmVya3VzZW4%3D

Feels like this was yesterday. How the f has it been almost 19 years since then.

He truly was one of a kind. Talent wise he will stay our goat for i dont know how many years or decades to come.

Comment

He was wildly inconsistent in his first season, but had some really good bright spots. He was really picking up form again March during the Champions League but injured his knee. He also created his own clique in TM against Daei, went against Branko and was one of the reasons (along with Daei and Branko and injuries) that we wildly underperformed in WC 2006.
              He came back for a 2nd season, and I think there was still a chance to renew for a 3rd, yet he was so money hungry he went to Qatar.

The sad truth is that Karimi never liked football, and certainly didn't like training hard. His own advisor (Abolfazl Jalali) said so. Ali Karimi was like a lot of Brazilian players. God given talent - not enough of the drive and focus to stay at an elite level.

Comment

Oh believe me, in terms of excitement... azmoun's situation for example, doesn't Even compare to karimi. Don't get me wrong he didn't last long in Europe but he was much more impressive and fun to watch during his stint there which was shortened due to a terrible injury.

Can't just look at his goal stats... bayern at that time had one of the world's greatest finishers... Roy makaay....+ Claudio pizzaro /Santa Cruz who were also decent-good.

Nonetheless, makaay especially was doing the goal scoring.... Just wasn't karimis job.

I agree with you there is more variety and matches to watch legionaries in now for sure.

Just that with the few we had back then, most were key players for their teams / earning more playing time in top leagues...Mahdavikia, hashemian, karimi, zandi, shojaei, nekounam all come to mind.

All of them except karimi and maybe shojaei were fixed starters (for most part) for their teams in big leagues.

Now we have more in Europe overall but only 1 who regularly starts in a decent league, and that's in the Portuguese league (which isn't as strong as German/Spanish League even from back then)... Also, I'm not counting players in Greece and lower leagues.

Both eras have their ups and downs.

Comment

3 months ago today we lost to qatar. sorry for bringing this up but i still feel numb and cant believe we lost with this generation of players.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezzy View Post
                    3 months ago today we lost to qatar. sorry for bringing this up but i still feel numb and cant believe we lost with this generation of players.
                    Just goes to show that you truly need a coach who understands the players and is humble in order to win. Player talent only takes you so far without the correct understanding of the game. Sometimes I think imagine if Moharrami never got injured or we had Hardani instead of Ramin. IMO outcome would have been way different.

In the end I don't think any of us really expected to win against Japan so when we did we got a lot of hope suddenly. I already saw the red flags when GN called up Moghanlou/Asadi/Ebrahimi/Cheshmi instead of the plethora of other players that are even a little bit better like Nourallahi/Hosseinejad/Zahedi/etc

In the end we always suffer from the same thing as usual: extreme talent but coaches who are too one dimensional and players who are mentally fickle

Comment

Originally posted by Rezzy View Post
                      whole 2024 is ruined just like 2019...

Comment

You'll be addicted again after Iran beats Australia in Azadi in September

Comment

You'll be addicted again after Iran beats Australia in Azadi in September
                          Addiction is there if not won't be here.
                          it just was a bad lost to a team that tm was a head and shoulder better.....

Review all 7 semi f loses see which one is the worst.

Kuwait 80 Sadam attacked day before match
                          Roshan brother died on that attack and team just
                          Lost it mentally.

84 ksa that is probably one of the most heart breaking loses in tm history leading 1-0 scoring an own goal 89th minute Lose in pk.

88 ksa was better team

96 ksa Egyptian ref cut tm head lost in pk.

04 China 10 man tm lost in pk with ref influence

19 japan japan better team

Comment

Addiction is there if not won't be here.
                            it just was a bad lost to a team that tm was a head and shoulder better.....

Review all 7 semi f loses see which one is the worst.

Kuwait 80 Sadam attacked day before match
                            Roshan brother died on that attack and team just
                            Lost it mentally.

84 ksa that is probably one of the most heart breaking loses in tm history leading 1-0 scoring an own goal 89th minute Lose in pk.

88 ksa was better team

96 ksa Egyptian ref cut tm head lost in pk.

04 China 10 man tm lost in pk with ref influence

19 japan japan better team

Not old enough to watch TM in 80s but 2004 was the worse for me because of red card not given to Chinese player and then Alavi getting terrible red card for light push. If not we beat them in extra time and no need for Golmohammi's nightmare penalty

Comment

Not old enough to watch TM in 80s but 2004 was the worse for me because of red card not given to Chinese player and then Alavi getting terrible red card for light push. If not we beat them in extra time and no need for Golmohammi's nightmare penalty
                              Go watch it in yt..

04 was bad

Comment

This day is called Mourning day of not playing Ghaedi.. 😵‍💫
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X