Ghalenoi's tactical suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghalenoi's tactical suicide

Well its minute 64 and on the sidelines we see Hadi Shakouri waiting to get in, to my great surprise, Akbarpour goes out and Shakouri gets in.

Its minute 82, now Ghotbi is making a sub, we see Petrovic coming in for Atsou, the exact opposite of what Ghalenoi did.

What happens a few mins later? PP scores after pressuring EsEs so hard since
    Esteghlal got down one striker.

Ghotbi was waiting for Ghale Noi to make a mistake, and Ghale Noi didnt disappoint him, he took out a Striker and brought in a defender so early, Ghotbi waited to see if this only will be enough for PP to score while his def line was comfy, but their pressure didnt result in anything, so now that EsEs
    have only one striker, Ghotbi can easily bring in another Forward and take out a defender, which results in a goal and the equaliser.

it was bijan kouhski not hadi shakouri. shakouri was already palying.

but seriously...wat was ghalenoi thinking?? he can defend a solo goal for 30 whole minutes and score on a counter with the ****eyed borhani??? atleast with akbarpour on the field, he helped the midfield and didnt allow perspolis to go full attack!! but with koushki in, ghalenoi allowed all of perspolis midfielders and even defenders to participate in the attack!!!

karim bagheri was playing as a defender when he came all the way upfront for that header pass to karimi!!!
    vagean ke!!
    Originally posted by siavasharian
    ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
    بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

The defensive attitude wasn't only visible by the subs. Esteghlal was standing so deep the whole match and defending even deeper after the lead. It's no co-incident PP overall had only one offside, how could it be more when the backline basically only defends at the own box?

Comment

Qotbi took cleverly advantage with his subs versus GNs suicide tactics... specialy the last sub. of PP was perfect and on time!

SS could have done much more better than this.
        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Yeah, Ghotbi went from 4-2-3-1 to 4-2-2-2 and then 4-1-3-2, or even more offensively as Bagheri was supposed to play in the fourback but constantly pushed forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
            Well its minute 64 ...........
            you got a whole bunch of stuff wrong.

1- shakouri was already playing
            2- kooshki was subbed in for akbarpoor
            3- akbarpoor was slowly losing it and the risk was a usual red card if he'd stayed and continued his usual antics
            4- any coach, while ahead, nearing the end of the game would think about reinforcing his defenses ... irrespective of the temperamental forward like akbarpoor.
            5- the way PP was applying the pressure a goal was almost inevitable, as two hits against the posts were indicative.

but you CAN fault GN & SS for pulling back so early, allowing pp so much room.
            I think ss mids were failing, especially kazemi.
            here is where SS' downfall started.

however, you cant say that was "suicidal decision".
            if borhani had scored that goal, you would have said ghotbi's suicidal decision for taking off shiri for a mid !
            hind-sight 20-20 doesnt count.

but all this could have gone either way.
            from 3-1 to pp , to 2-1 to ss if borhani was a bit more controlled and mature.
            when is this guy going to have self control and a little intelligence?
            he is quick and that's about it!
            he lacks intelligence to assess situations and angles and ... !
            such a wasted talent !

Comment

I can't really call it a "Suicide" tactics by Ghalenoei and as the Doc said , if Borhani could have scored that goal , you would have been referring to it as a Master Plan.

coaches takes decision as they see it and they do take risks. This is the name of the game. After the event it would be clear if that risks pays off or not.

I don't like defensive plans in general. Leaving the opponent come at you when playing a defensive game plan has a serious risk of conceding a goal. I am a true believer in "The best form of defense is attack"

The problem with SS defensive plan was that it did not deploy from inside the opponent half , like many professional teams do. PP defenders and midfield player did not get any serious pressure and no SS forward did any serious defending job (Borhani and Akbarpour) when PP had the ball.

In a defensive plan , the whole team should defend and the defense should not only be confined in the team's own half , but starts from the opponent half.

Perhaps Ghalenoei knew the limitation of his players and stamina, hence his option to defend the solitary goal. Yes, he failed to acheive his required result but a comprehensive and convicing win was withen SS grabs. The forwards , specially Borhani , did not do a great job. Arash could have easily scored a hat trick...but this is football. If all the games goes according to plan , every match will end goal-less.

sigpic

Comment

Here is what Ghalenoee said after the game :

در 15 دقيقه آخر نيمه اول نيز تله گذاري كرده و آرش برهاني را بين مدافعان حريف قرار داديم تا فرار كند. برنامه نيمه دوم ما نيز پرس از جلو بود.
                سرمربي تيم استقلال ادامه داد: پرسپولس بعد از گل، فشار زيادي آورد؛ اما در نهايت بر روي خلاقيت فردي به گل رسيد.
                قلعه نويي اظهار داشت: من بيژن كوشكي را براي مهار كريمي به ميدان آوردم؛ اما او اشتباه كرد و گل مساوي را دريافت كرديم

Borhani , being offside, so often, apparantly were planed, and could have given even better result !!
                Any coach , must go back to defense, when an oppossing team goes all-out attack !!,and Ghalenoee did not abandand counter attacks either, as Borhani could have come up with secound goal,due to a counter attack.
                This is what, PP did , in the final minutes of thier final game against Sepahan last year too !!!, and my personal conclusion, as SS fan, is that , It was a risk, which Ghotbi took, and these risks, particularly work better when you have very strong fans on the stands !!

Comment

relying on counter attacks is a strategy true but that doesnt mean esteghlal should start defending and rely on counters with so much time left. its a good strategy but i think it should be used at the right time.
                  if that was the case, then im sure u guys remember a few years back, samereh scored a goal in the 30th second and gave esteghlal a 1-0 lead. so wat, esteghlal should have pulled back and relied on counter attacks to win the game for the remaining 89 minutes??

the 60th minute in my opinion is not the right time to start defending a 1-0 lead against a star studded, highly experienced and qualified opponent.

perspolis only started attacking with 10 players because esteghlal pulled back.
                  otherwise, when esteghlal was leading 1-0 and akbarpour was still in the game, perspolis wasnt even attacking with half of its players because the defenders and DMs didnt go upfront into the penalty area!

wat i dont understand is ghalenoi says he sent bijan koushki to mark karimi. however, i think karimi was more active and dangerous in the first half than second half. so why did he wait for 60 minutes to send in koushki to mark karimi?? couldnt he wait 10-15 minutes more and start defending from the 75th minute or something??

i dont know about others but even if we would have won this game with borhani scoring a second goal, i still would consider it wrong to start defending from the 60th minute.
                  Originally posted by siavasharian
                  ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                  بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Ghalehnoyi was lucky today.
                    Why? He scored a goal with 45 minutes remaining and he was forced to do what Iranian coaches to best. Get bodies in defense, clear balls and hope for counter attacks.
                    I doubt Ghalehnoyi had any tactics had Perspolis scored first and Esteghlal had been the one pressing for the equalizer.

I am sorry for Esteghlal fans who think he is a genius or something. He sucks. Esteghlal needs a big coach.

Comment

May be ,Ali Daei, can get some ideas ,from this game, and use it against the North Koreans !!
                      The secound half ,of this game, is hwta will be haveing against North Korea...specialy if, they get to score during the game, on one of thier counter attacks !!
                      One strategy,could be what Ghotbi told Bagheri !!
                      he said, go to the secound post, with other black guy, and head the ball in front the goal for others to score !!!........Branko also liked that strategy !

Comment

Kooshki came in to shut down Karimi and he almost did except one scene that Karimi scored. Watch agian and see how ***hki run with Karimi all the time.

The good news is "Karimi is back to action".

Comment

I'd say 2 things to the two sides:

1- if you're going to play "counter-attack" tactics, you better have a rock solid defense. without that, it's foolish to play so deep.

2- if you're going to have an all-out attack from all fronts, you better have a couple of very pacey defenders to make sure you dont get hit on fast counters. ( something daei may want to watch for against north korea)

neither pp nor ss followed the above rules.
                          and they're both lucky they were not punished further.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                            you got a whole bunch of stuff wrong.

1- shakouri was already playing
                            2- kooshki was subbed in for akbarpoor
                            3- akbarpoor was slowly losing it and the risk was a usual red card if he'd stayed and continued his usual antics
                            4- any coach, while ahead, nearing the end of the game would think about reinforcing his defenses ... irrespective of the temperamental forward like akbarpoor.
                            5- the way PP was applying the pressure a goal was almost inevitable, as two hits against the posts were indicative.

but you CAN fault GN & SS for pulling back so early, allowing pp so much room.
                            I think ss mids were failing, especially kazemi.
                            here is where SS' downfall started.

however, you cant say that was "suicidal decision".
                            if borhani had scored that goal, you would have said ghotbi's suicidal decision for taking off shiri for a mid !
                            hind-sight 20-20 doesnt count.

but all this could have gone either way.
                            from 3-1 to pp , to 2-1 to ss if borhani was a bit more controlled and mature.
                            when is this guy going to have self control and a little intelligence?
                            he is quick and that's about it!
                            he lacks intelligence to assess situations and angles and ... !
                            such a wasted talent !
                            1+2= So I made a mistake with the names and you want to take away the whole point by that? you are funny.
                            3-Akbarpour is always on the verge of getting a red so no case here.
                            4- min 64 was the near the end of the game? I guess you watch kids football alot.
                            5- PP was pressing so what? you suggest that all coaches must make this mistake? Well maybe you just agree with his mistake, something which led PP to apply more pressure and score?
                            For the rest: Agaro kashtan jash kaaashki daroomad. what happened actually in the game? what you saw happened.

Comment

no, mate.
                              the whole point is in hindsight we can always come up with theories and blames.
                              why? becoz we know what happens in the end.

tell me. if borhani had scored that goal, but pp had still scored theirs, would you have said GN committed this mistake ?

I dont think so.
                              and there lies the gist.

=======================

when an event occurs it is easy to say this & that and I knew it and ... .
                              but those who predict something based on evidence and trends, prior to the event, ... those ppl have all the right to make claims.

Comment

Working...
                              X