Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two strategic mistakes by Daei in Saudi’s game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Doctor DOOM
    replied
    hey. anything to get ppl to kick zareh and sadeghi out.

    Leave a comment:


  • maij
    replied
    Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
    Are you serious about malaghe? Not a spoon?

    Poor Majid should then put his bed in the washroom. I don't think he will be able to open his eyes, then there is no need for a computer.
    Ay Vy...

    You mean the Doc has given me a bad advice ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Hajagha
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    we'll see after Roghan Karchak.
    take two malaghe's every 4 hours and call me in a day.
    Are you serious about malaghe? Not a spoon?

    Poor Majid should then put his bed in the washroom. I don't think he will be able to open his eyes, then there is no need for a computer.

    Leave a comment:


  • maij
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

    On second thought, dont.
    perhaps the tummy ache has induced ( or woken up ) a side of you that is more aware of "poor performing athletes".
    I beleive the medical community ( as stuck-up bums as they are ) call it "the disc-overpo'orp-lay syndrome".
    Nah Dadash....the only rude awakening was the surprising volume of noise , with lots of bass , that the subsequent escape of large volume of air , can generate. A few of such , can run a small generator , much safer than nuclear energy


    Ahmmm.... sorry guys , I think this discussion is degenerating a bit . Peyman Jan , thanks again.

    Leave a comment:


  • Doctor DOOM
    replied
    they say "roghan karchak" does wonders .
    try that

    On second thought, dont.
    perhaps the tummy ache has induced ( or woken up ) a side of you that is more aware of "poor performing athletes".
    I beleive the medical community ( as stuck-up bums as they are ) call it "the disc-overpo'orp-lay syndrome".

    maybe the ache just blocked/over-rode neurotransmittors to that zone.
    but that's a theory. we'll see after Roghan Karchak.
    take two malaghe's every 4 hours and call me in a day.

    Leave a comment:


  • maij
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

    OK. now, I'm worried.
    WHO. are. you?
    whoever you are, plz give majid back.
    what do you want ? release of prisoners? money? free pizza ?
    name it. but bring majid back.
    Vallah ...Namidoonam che shod!

    I had a bit of stomach upset after Iftar , and instead of going to the clinic, I thought I would take those pills instead that I usually take for tummy ache , and save myself a few dollars for the Doc. After all , what would the doctor prescribes the same pills all the time!

    ... Instead I had more headache and blurred vision , which I had all along while posting on PFDC!

    But thanks you for your concern , Peyman Jan...I should bounce back soon

    Leave a comment:


  • Hajagha
    replied
    Originally posted by maij View Post
    One or two players perhaps need a shake up and be benched like Teymourian and Zare and alternatives to be tested or employed.
    Have you thought about having Kia in the left side defense? He shouldn't do too bad. I wish we could have checked him in a friendly.

    For Teymourian, I definitely go with Jabari, even the team will be too offensive, but I think it worth risking it.

    I also bench Zandi for Karimi with the hope that Karimi backs to his form while playing for Perspolise.

    Let's see.

    BTW, thanks for the approval of my point. It's easy to talk to a person who is not stubborn.

    Cheers,

    Leave a comment:


  • Doctor DOOM
    replied
    Originally posted by maij View Post
    Yes...I see your point.

    I hope that Daei does not go and do major changes to that set up. One or two players perhaps need a shake up and be benched like Teymourian and Zare and alternatives to be tested or employed.

    OK. now, I'm worried.
    WHO. are. you?
    whoever you are, plz give majid back.
    what do you want ? release of prisoners? money? free pizza ?
    name it. but bring majid back.

    Leave a comment:


  • maij
    replied
    Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
    1, Well, I saw more than one occasion and that's why I called it strategic.

    2, I totally agree with you that Gholamnejad has a great potential and I think we could had killed the guy's hope by lasking him to handle such a pressure. He barely could have breath in the first half. That's why he was overwhelmed by Saudi's, even if you think Saudies do not deserve too much respect. Gholamnejad didn't think so.

    If I were the coach, I would have introduced him in the second half of a home game while we are winning and let the guy enjoying his playing time rather than wetting his pants while thinking to himself "what will happen if I fail".

    Well, nothing happened (thanks to the ref for not pointing the penalty on his tackle), then no point to insist on the "IF" factor. However, one shouldn't forget the rookie coach "mistake" for the sake of learning and improving.

    Cheers,
    Yes...I see your point.

    I wonder how the coaches evaluate the players performance after the event? I was quite disappointed with Rezaei to be honest. I expected him to screw the Saudi's defenders and run havoc , but it never materialized. I hope he keeps his place for the next game though.

    I hope that Daei does not go and do major changes to that set up. One or two players perhaps need a shake up and be benched like Teymourian and Zare and alternatives to be tested or employed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ali Chicago
    replied
    Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
    You are kidding Ali jan, right?
    You don't want to tell me a national coach can teach how to improve the reaction time in soccer, or you do?
    Aziz jan, this comes through years and years of practices and almost every nation has their own signature of that. You can bring god to coach you, but you never get to even one level higher on that.
    Cheers,
    Nobody was talking about reaction times. Reaction time goes to Plyometric and all that and it is a physical thing. We were talking about maitaning possesion under pressing. Even at the youth level there are drills for teaching your players how to deal with pressing.

    As a coach you need to observe during the game and see what hurts your time themost (not just keep shouting at your players and ref constantly). Then go back redesign your practices to address your team's short comings. It is a very basic simple concept in coaching.

    Coaches of England or Germnay may not need to work on these, but in Iran if this is our major shortcoming, that is what we need to work on.

    There is nothing sacred about what needs to be work on by the TM head coach, that it can contain this or that, whatever is our biggest weakness in his view of course, needs to be worked on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hajagha
    replied
    Originally posted by maij View Post
    ... But one combination of errors ...

    ..I think Gholamnejad has a good potential ...
    1, Well, I saw more than one occasion and that's why I called it strategic.

    2, I totally agree with you that Gholamnejad has a great potential and I think we could had killed the guy's hope by lasking him to handle such a pressure. He barely could have breath in the first half. That's why he was overwhelmed by Saudi's, even if you think Saudies do not deserve too much respect. Gholamnejad didn't think so.

    If I were the coach, I would have introduced him in the second half of a home game while we are winning and let the guy enjoying his playing time rather than wetting his pants while thinking to himself "what will happen if I fail".

    Well, nothing happened (thanks to the ref for not pointing the penalty on his tackle), then no point to insist on the "IF" factor. However, one shouldn't forget the rookie coach "mistake" for the sake of learning and improving.

    Cheers,

    Leave a comment:


  • Hajagha
    replied
    Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
    How long has he been in Charge? We had a 2 week camp in Spain and then another 10 days camp before WAFF and another 10 days before this game. I am not saying you can totally solve this issue, but If the coach thought, this is the key problem, he could have improved it a bit. Improving it from point A or B.
    You will see South Korea will do the same pressing to us 10 time harder than Saudies and they don't get out of gas like Saudies did. To me this one area ball possesion under pressing is the achillis heal of Iranian team. So to me that is much more strategic than anything else.
    You are kidding Ali jan, right?

    You don't want to tell me a national coach can teach how to improve the reaction time in soccer, or you do?

    Aziz jan, this comes through years and years of practices and almost every nation has their own signature of that. You can bring god to coach you, but you never get to even one level higher on that.

    Cheers,

    Leave a comment:


  • Doctor DOOM
    replied
    I was watching the 90 program and during the few highlights of saudi attacks, in the first half, it showed how their WIDE players capitalized on it and pulled our weakest link away from the defense cluster, time and again. repeatedly they did it and on some occasions isolated him and went around him ( thus reducing the number of defenders between them and the goal ).

    the amount of torment they put zareh and even gholamnejad through with their wide plays showed the importance of using ALL of the pitch and not naively concentrate on only selected zones. funny that their goal also came off one of those combinations by their wide players.

    THAT was what we shd have done and didnt do.
    and even today, we see zealots insisting width is not needed ..... I guess just becoz our dear coach didnt see a need for such players !!!!!!
    LOL.

    Leave a comment:


  • maij
    replied
    Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
    Thanks Majid jan for the input.

    1, I didn't bring this because of the goal. and I assume you wouldn't call it "errors" if we were punished more than once which was quite possible.


    2, I do call it strategic, because it will be the same result if we put the same situation again and either of them are game-changing-mistake.

    That is quite true...if there were series of errors/shortcomings/failures leading to more than one goal or threats , then YES , this will be a strategical mistake. But one combination of errors that lead to a solitary goal is a bit harsh to refer to it as a strategical error.

    Let me stress , Reza Jan , that the fact that Hosseini lost the forward Al Harthy (or vice versa) , was the last mistake that lead to the goal and some would call it the main mistake.



    Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
    3, You may compare Zandi with a player like Minavand to see how much Zandi missing in defensive duties. I don't tend to start a fight over Zandi/Zare. I just wouldn't make the same mistake as it is obvious we are missing defensive duties in this area.

    The point is that we do not have Minavand now.


    Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
    4, Gholamnejad and we were very lucky to gain the experience without the punishment. Such a scenario was like pushing a person into ocean to let him learn swimming.

    I can hardly call facing Saudi Arabia an ocean for the likes of Gholamnejad.

    Sometime we tend to pay too much respect to the imaginary power of the opposition and by the fact that we watch our own teams matches so much, we ignore their deeds and value and focus on the shortcomings.

    I think Gholamnejad has a good potential , perhaps a great one. There is no set rules to say when and where should he be christened into the international arena. Kaebi was 18 when he represented Iran.


    Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
    Well, this is my opinion at the end of the day and I am only responsible to my beer to not getting too hot though.

    Cheers,
    Nooshi Joonat ..... Guess it is Coors light

    Leave a comment:


  • Ali Chicago
    replied
    Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
    This is not Daei's mistake. No coach can fix this in a short period of time as a matter of fact. This is our football level and we got the best we had. Saying that, we are experiencing one of the weakest and poorest talent era of Team Melli in years.... and this is not any body's fault rather.
    Cheers,
    How long has he been in Charge? We had a 2 week camp in Spain and then another 10 days camp before WAFF and another 10 days before this game. I am not saying you can totally solve this issue, but If the coach thought, this is the key problem, he could have improved it a bit. Improving it from point A or B.

    You will see South Korea will do the same pressing to us 10 time harder than Saudies and they don't get out of gas like Saudies did. To me this one area ball possesion under pressing is the achillis heal of Iranian team. So to me that is much more strategic than anything else.

    Leave a comment:

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X