Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iran vs. UAE Game [merged]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • maij
    replied
    Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
    Thanks, I knew he is some thing haji or seyed. well, I think I am too much into "haji", I can't accept any one being second "haji".

    mokhles hamagi.

    Hheeeeeheee

    Reza Jan...bekhoda damet Garm.....You really gave me a good laugh after this depression....

    I can visualize you scratching your head while saying :

    Akhe man midonstamm Yek , Seyedi Ya Haji ya hojatelIslami dar team melli bazi mikond ..... misle keh bache akhondha ham zoorashan be Team Melli raseed..... Vally ein tefleki "Ehsan" be ishtbah geriftam....Vallah..

    Leave a comment:


  • Doctor DOOM
    replied
    1- excellent point armin jan.

    I also agree , beyond the physical and technical aspect of the game, the players shd be prepared MENTALLY. they shd truly believe they are superior to the opposition ( which, individually, they are. it's a different matter when it comes to the collective ) and they CAN win the games.

    -----------------

    Can they do it?
    hell yes.
    afterall, this is the same syria we face every few months. the same uae we face as frequently. no matter how prepared they are, our lads are better football players. it's all a matter of CORRECT APPLICATION OF TOOLS AVAILABLE. by both staff and players.

    and believe me, with a little tweak here and a few player shuffling, we can get the required points and advance.
    but that's not my decision or yours or ... .
    it lies elsewhere.

    --------------------

    At the same time, I suggest let us not read too much in the "defense was solid" or anything like that, coz uae's team tactics were NOT what you'd see in the return leg. they came here for a draw and got it in most professional manner possible.
    there, they'll be at home, and will try to finish off the group and advance early so they dont have the palpitations and stress of relying on results of other games and next matches ( like us ). they didnt push our defenders as they WILL in the upcoming game.

    ------------------

    and yashar, I think new players CAN be called for the next games.
    but the question is would daei do it.
    and when?
    I doubt he'd do it for the uae game. mostly becoz it's so close. and I'm sure he'll try to make do with what he has at the camp.
    which is fine. he certainly has many very talented players. as long as he arranges them properly and lays the correct tactics, this collection shd be enough.

    however, for the syria and kuwait games, I think it'll be more possible to see a couple of new faces.

    ------------------------

    If KIA returns, he will add to the experience of the team. which is a plus, especially if daei balances it out with leaving ando out.
    but if kia doesnt come, then rezaei will certainly do.

    but the key player, at this moment, is KARIMI.
    if he's brought in, and if he's placed close to the 18, we shd see some fireworks.

    personally, I'd still go with hajsafi. he may have been overcome with the occasion. but we know he's capable of far more. and frankly, niki, his replacement wasnt such a great deal either! very un-intelligent display by niki, despite the amount of activity.
    and with madanchi out, I still say Hajsafi is a good option for the left.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ali Chicago
    replied

    Haji ghorboone dahanat. Zaboonam moo dar avoorood as bass neveshtam Nekoo and Andoo were the weakest players and both out of form. Totally agree with your suggestion of benching Ando and if Nekoo doesn't deliver sub him off. Guys like Mobali and Jabbari along with Shojaii or Karimi will guarentee we dominateing the UAE mid.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hajagha
    replied
    Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
    mokhlese haji,
    faghat mikahstam arz konam khedmatetun ke it was not syed salehi, it was ehsan hajsafi

    and btw, heyf ke one of my favorite players, hossein kazemi isnt invited he is linked with esteghlal again though this season with the arrivale of ghalenoi
    Thanks, I knew he is some thing haji or seyed. well, I think I am too much into "haji", I can't accept any one being second "haji".

    mokhles hamagi.

    Leave a comment:


  • yashar_fasihnia
    replied
    mokhlese haji,
    faghat mikahstam arz konam khedmatetun ke it was not syed salehi, it was ehsan hajsafi



    and btw, heyf ke one of my favorite players, hossein kazemi isnt invited he is linked with esteghlal again though this season with the arrivale of ghalenoi

    Leave a comment:


  • Hajagha
    replied
    This is what I think:

    - Comparing to the last games, we played much better, so were UAE a better opponent than Kuwait and Syria, that’s why the result stayed the same, tie.

    - The biggest blame should be pointed at Daei since he put two out-of-game-players as the engine of the team. Both Nekonam and Ando couldn’t translate defense to offence and offence to defense. That’s why we never looked dangerous with almost 60% ball possession, but UAE players, specially number 13 (Ninja as my wife called him ) was driving the ball all over our court like there is no one even exists. If this game continued for another month, we couldn’t score.

    - Our defense looked impressive with even stepping up and took control on what the two defensive mid’s were supposed to do which was the ball distribution.

    - Zare was very impressive and should be given credit.

    - I don’t understand why Daei change Seyed-salehi in minute 40.

    - I will keep the same squad and only bench Ando with a attacking mid, like Karimi or Jabbari and hope for the best. I think Nekonam will bounce back. If not, I don’t mind to bench him with another defensive mid such as Kazemi or any one else.

    - Enayati was very impressive as well, however he didn’t get many balls in the penalty box and missed a half a chance. He barely stepped a foot wrong.

    - Kaebi and Rezaei seemed to understand each other very good. I bet if you keep Seyed-Salei, He and Zare will do the same combination.

    - Aghili is one of the best defenders in Asia. Rahmati should had come out in two occasions where he stayed on his line.

    - Team Melli were out of gas after minute 60.

    Cheers,

    Leave a comment:


  • Ali Chicago
    replied
    Originally posted by khabalood View Post
    Ali jaan, Kaebi captained the U23 team, and believe me he showed more leadership than Mahdavikia as captain of tm. Mahdavikia is not a good captain. Personally I have found Nekounam and Karimi both superior to him in this regard.
    I resepect your opinion as a very smart, intelligent and educated person. But let's say I beg to differ. You see I chose capitans for the teams I coached. The Capitan isn't the one who is the loudest. Some one like Nikki or Karimi even (despite being very quiet) in my opinion shouldnt' be the capitan. Capitan is the one who proves himself in action. I think Kia is that kind of person. Plus playing in Bundesliga he is used to going down and team not clicking in and he doesn't loose control. Although Nekoonam is a great leader as well. Kaabi I beg to differ. He is way too emotioanl. He isnt' a very sophesticated person. I talkled to Ale Safar in Jaam e doosti and Ale Safar is a jonoobi and a big fan of both him and Mojahed Khaziravi if you recall. But he himself admiteed both of these guys aren't as sophesticated.

    Leave a comment:


  • khabalood
    replied
    Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
    Kaabi is a great work horse and all but not a leader.
    Ali jaan, Kaebi captained the U23 team, and believe me he showed more leadership than Mahdavikia as captain of tm. Mahdavikia is not a good captain. Personally I have found Nekounam and Karimi both superior to him in this regard.

    Leave a comment:


  • The-Red
    replied
    Great analysis done already by great football fans with knowledge,,,my two cents might not even be worth mentioning, but I do it anyways...

    simply, the players have no real idea of what they should do on the field, both the coach and the players are at fault here... +++ the team seems to have lost confidence lately, the pressure of the possibility of not making it out of the group seems to have effected our boys...we need the experience of players like hashemina, Kia and karimi to take us through the next three games, I can't see these guys alone with an out of form Nekunam and a medicore Ando(at best) can handle the pressure...these guys have the ability to beat all these three teams away, but it takes much more than just the ability to do it...the belief/faith is in question I think, w/out it we will fail to make the next round...

    May God be with us in the UAE on Saturday...a win is what we need to come out of this hole, but a tie is still O.K., but losing it, ....let's just not even give ourselves that option.

    Leave a comment:


  • zzgloo
    replied
    I have been against selecting daei....but that issue can wait till next round , ........and things are not currantly that bad....

    To begin, the next half, is the turnemnt of its own, and we still have the best chance among this groupand if considering the results only on the remaing games...( may be not in some of our heads ! )( he who wins the secound half will qualify )

    Even if Daei was the wrong coach, but still these 3 teams are very beatable , even with coaches worse tha Daei.......

    I disagree with those who say UAE played better....if they had a chance for penalty ,it does not make them better.....as we had time of possetion as well as flow of the ball movement, and chances of our own...., ...we just had a wrong game plan to take advantage of thier defensive strategies...but that does not mean we played worse....they just defended well based on thier game plan.

    UAE,and Syria, because of embarssement from thier own fans, can not have a defensive game plans when we go to thier homes, and that will be to thier demise....

    We, need to study them better, now that we know thier currant power, and improve previouse set ups, and be patient, as we should not push too hard...and our chances will present themseleves.

    Leave a comment:


  • yashar_fasihnia
    replied
    thanx for the reply doctor.

    just a small point, i think sattar zare plays left midfielder for bargh, not right midfielder.

    Leave a comment:


  • Doctor DOOM
    replied
    yashar jan:

    1- playing Ando, after a series of bad to horrible performances IS playing the NAME of ando and not the player.

    same with zareh. the PLAYER is playing his best games on the RIGHT SIDE of his bargh club and perhaps shining. not the LET BACK.
    this is just playing the "name" and not the player again.

    ---------------

    2- laj-baazi & sticking to one's idea.
    if done in the face of piling odds, then it stops being the noble "sticking to my ideas" and start being destructive.

    you're driving to some place. and the more you drive in one direction, the more you see road-signs that show MORE distance to the destination.
    now, if you still throttle on and claim "u'r sticking to ur ideas and map" while those numbers on the signs keep increasing, then I'm afraid you are only doing laj-baazi !

    -------------

    3- I didnt say the team shd be rid of experience.
    but if the experienced player is faltering and playing poorly, then it goes back to the two points above. and stops being experience vs hunger.
    it's just bad vs good.


    btw, that young team you just rolled out ? in hind-sight, that one would have had a better chance against uae yesterday.
    we'd have seen more pace and urgency in the team , not only in the last 15 minutes as we saw, but from the get go. and who knows, if we had pressurized uae from the start, AT HOME, chances are we could have scored goals as well.
    remember, with hunger comes a desire to show ur stuff and that means unbound energy & motivation.
    there are quite a few examples of that trumping the odds.
    sometimes "insane" comes in and does the job , not on the back of it's inexperience or fame or name . but on the back of its energy, momentum and motivation.

    now, that shdnt be a rule . but there are plenty of exceptions and examples that such stuff do work sometimes.

    Leave a comment:


  • maij
    replied
    I don't subscribe to the idea of changing coaches ( a typical Arab knee jerk reaction) in order to change the fortune of the team. What is the point anyway , the same old people will start swearing at the new coach the minute they get a negative result.....!!!

    Even the so-called more experienced members here , conveniently forget many basics of the game of football. This game is a TEAM SPORT , not dependent on the performance of a few individual players , a coach , a physical trainer or Mr. Kafashian.

    When you get such a result like the one against a much more cohesive and prepared team with a wily experienced coach , frankly it is no shock (as far as I am concerned , anyway). Team Melli has suffered and needs time to bounce back because of a series of events which ultimately brough up this poor result and performance.

    In reality , even if this team missed Karimi or Kia or Madanchi or Hashemian and I doubt that they would have gained a better result cuz none of them have proved themselves in the last year or so to have the ability to turn the fortune of the team.

    Having the ability to excel or turn a match around is quite different than actually doing it.

    I blame Daei for the poor performance because ultimately he is accountable , but only an ignorant fool will pour all the blame on a single person or a single factor ignoring obvious realities such as poor performance by the players as individuals and as a team.

    Simply put , the players disspointed me. Every single one of them , except Shojaei , but not even a young player with little international experience , could do anything significant to turn the match around against some serious opposition.

    Leave a comment:


  • yashar_fasihnia
    replied
    Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
    But he had a really off day to say the least. He just coming back from Injuy and god help us, if our team has to look up to Nikki for leasdership. Kaabi is a great work horse and all but not a leader.
    i think nekounam was acceptable but anywayz. thats not the point. yes, our players need to look up at some players when they feel insecure on the field and its much easier for them when they see karimi and mahdavikia and hashemian on their side rather than enayati and gholam reza rezaei.

    thats why in my post, i have addressed the issue of a very quick transition being performed by TM and we need more experienced players on the field.
    hopefully karimi will return in the remaining 3 games and kia too to give our whole team a morale boost.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ali Chicago
    replied
    Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
    nekounam was captain. players that were looked upto must have probably been nekounam, nikbakht, ando and kaabi.

    But he had a really off day to say the least. He just coming back from Injuy and god help us, if our team has to look up to Nikki for leasdership. Kaabi is a great work horse and all but not a leader.

    Leave a comment:

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X