No announcement yet.

Iran - Korea post-game discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont understand why some peole have personal agendas!!
    why put the blame on khatibi? or this or that?!
    for teh first time we had a physically fit team that could run and press teh ball for 120 minutes!!
    we had poor performers and good ones, over all we lost in PK and I cant blame anyone here!
    I could blame the loss to china with pks last time around because we did not give our best shot on the field to win it in the regulation. Daei was kept on teh pitch to jsut be used for a PK!! where he clearly was useless for at least 80 minutes of teh 120 minutes...Clearly our lads gave their best and were the better team this time around.
    daei's situation was different
    daei would not have been the scape goat in WC either had he not had the thick folder that he had single handedly made for the lackluster performance for two years...
    deerooz, emrooz, farda
    zeeremonan
    sheeshtayeea
    The only dynasty of iranian football. ( At least three back to back championships define dynasty, we had moreTeam of the people by the people for the people that fills up 100k stadium like its nothing.
    Future of true professional football if any in Iran!

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
      I guarantee you guys, the Iran-B lineup that won the West Asian Games just a few weeks before the AC would have beaten South Korea. This whole issue about the European-based players being the preferred ones needs to be re-evaluated. I approve of Nekounam and Zandi but the other ones should not be fixed players anymore.

absolutely .
      you could clearly see that extra element ( some call it hunger, some motivation, some love , some gheyrat, ... whatever ) was not there in many of the legioners.

kaabi didnt get much time. but in china game where he came on, he didnt show much anyway. and certainly wasnt at his own level !

VH was in a poor poor form and this is a continuation of last year's WC performance. but that was against europeans, this was against 2nd and 3rd rated ASIANS !

Ando was just horrible. except the last game where he hustled and intercepted some plays and a couple of passes in previous games, he had NOTHING to show ! he wasnt even a quarter of what he was at the WC !

Karimi. the guy is finished. the sooner we face the truth, the better for us, since we need to MOVE ON. we need to let go of our wild imaginations and "wishes" and face reality that he is not what we "like" him to be ( nor is he what he was 4 years back ) and we do have great alternatives for him in Shojayi, Mobaali, Jabbari, Kolahkaj, ... !

Rezaei didnt do very badly except his first game. but then again, we shd expect more from a defender who plays in the "land of defense". he wasnt at his own standards !

Kia was just not his old self. he didnt have any outstanding game , even against poor opposition. he never showed any leadership quality as well !

I dare say Nekunam also, despite being made M.O.M. was NOT at his usual standards. he's played FAR better against top class opposition that his mediocre performances against 2nd rated asian teams shouldnt make us forget or warrant such praise!

Zandi was ok. and despite being played out of position, he did well. so I will spare him.

THESE are the much celebrated legioners that RULE our football so much that we take their "starting" granted !
      why shd they start?
      and in some cases, why shd they even play?

a half-dead Shojayi would have done 10 times better than what karimi did in these 4 games.
      I feel sorry for poor K. Rahmati who was struck off becoz we thought we had our old ando ! My god, Rahmati would have had far more impact on games than ando.
      Rajabzadeh was on a roll at TM-B. He was performing well at the league too, to become the highest scorer. why shd VH be preferred to him? just becoz he "plays" in europe? what about form and present displays? absurd !

===========================

and persi jan, the thing with us who criticize is that if you watch the game after min 80, you'd see the koreans didnt have ANYTHING to offer anymore.

when we CAN run well for 120 minutes and put pressure on them for so long, it is simply ridiculous to not go for the kill in game-time and not use the extra sub option to bring in a finisher like rajabzadeh or kaz or ... to CONVERT our superiority to a goal.

koreans were clearly after penalties becoz they didnt have the skills, also they didnt have any energy left.
      why was GN after it?
      he had the players, the energy, the hunger & motivation of the bench, the skill & talent of many on the bench and the pitch , ....
      to have all this and NOT make use of it is criminal and is what we begrudge him.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolees View Post
        I dont understand why some peole have personal agendas!!
        why put the blame on khatibi? or this or that?!
        for teh first time we had a physically fit team that could run and press teh ball for 120 minutes!!
        we had poor performers and good ones, over all we lost in PK and I cant blame anyone here!
        I could blame the loss to china with pks last time around because we did not give our best shot on the field to win it in the regulation. Daei was kept on teh pitch to jsut be used for a PK!! where he clearly was useless for at least 80 minutes of teh 120 minutes...Clearly our lads gave their best and were the better team this time around.
        daei's situation was different
        daei would not have been the scape goat in WC either had he not had the thick folder that he had single handedly made for the lackluster performance for two years...
        Second here.

We lost by pure luck while both teams gave their best in a very heavy match. Although we were slightly better, we were not the lucky one.

If we can understand that "we will never beat Korea with a big margin". The game with Korea, Japan, S.Arabia and Australia will be always like that, some times us, some times them.

Comment

I guarantee you guys, the Iran-B lineup that won the West Asian Games just a few weeks before the AC would have beaten South Korea. This whole issue about the European-based players being the preferred ones needs to be re-evaluated. I approve of Nekounam and Zandi but the other ones should not be fixed players anymore.

I just watched the game last night and totally agree with you. Couldn't have said it better. To be honest, I think GN didnt' learn the lesson from Branko era and he totally relied on Legioners. I thought the man is brave enough but at the end it seems he gave in to the pressure from media or he couldnt' trust his own instinct or whatever reason ( he set the team up, so the legioners can play). When reality showed him that legioners aren't delivering, he didn't have the courage to bench them.
          "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
          Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
          Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
            ===========================

and persi jan, the thing with us who criticize is that if you watch the game after min 80, you'd see the koreans didnt have ANYTHING to offer anymore.

when we CAN run well for 120 minutes and put pressure on them for so long, it is simply ridiculous to not go for the kill in game-time and not use the extra sub option to bring in a finisher like rajabzadeh or kaz or ... to CONVERT our superiority to a goal.

koreans were clearly after penalties becoz they didnt have the skills, also they didnt have any energy left.
            why was GN after it?
            he had the players, the energy, the hunger & motivation of the bench, the skill & talent of many on the bench and the pitch , ....
            to have all this and NOT make use of it is criminal and is what we begrudge him.
            If I want to criticize the GN that is where it will be. He wasn't the same man who took our B team to Korea as suicidal it may have seemed. He focused on defense too much and didn't go for the kill when he had to, plus keeping Khatibi in the field. Addition of a same type of player like Kazemian and even Rajabzadeh would have been much more effective.

It seems our coachins staff, players and even fans don't beleive who big we are in Asia. Other teams are scared of us, but when it comes the game time, we in turn change to a toothless beasts in turn. If we want to be big, we need to act like one.
            "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

I guarantee you guys, the Iran-B lineup that won the West Asian Games just a few weeks before the AC would have beaten South Korea.
              How exactly can you guarantee us that the Iran-B lineup could have beat SK? I think the statement is quite ludicrous, and I can't believe so many people are knodding their heads in approvement!

This is the Asian Cup we're talking about, not some easy cup.

This whole issue about the European-based players being the preferred ones needs to be re-evaluated. I approve of Nekounam and Zandi but the other ones should not be fixed players anymore.
              This is true. I think as much as GN tried, he simply didn't create the competition necessary for players to feel threatened/pressured to perform well. Zandi had something to prove - hence his performances and Nekounam has always been a consistent performer.

As for the others:

I don't think Kia at right-back was a good option, and I have no idea, Peyman Jan, why you say he didn't do well. What was he supposed to do as right back?? In his real position (i.e., against Korea) I thought he played exceptionally well, and was the only one who constantly pushed forward, trying to drive the team to score, while having to defend against the speedy SK counter attacks.

As for VH, he can't seem to buy a goal, but neither could any of our other strikers - and in terms of work rate and touches on the ball, VH was the best by far.

I think GN made a mistake with Karimi, especially in the Malaysia game. That opportunity should have gone to Shojaei without a doubt in my mind. Also, I really believe Karimi should have been a forward, maybe slightly to the side/behind VH (somewhat similar to his role in 04). He is far more effective there, doesn't have too many defensive duties, and can use most of his stamina attacking in and around the 18 - where he's most dangerous anyway. And in the playmaking role, SHOJAEI should have become our secret weapon.

Although Teymourian didn't have a great tournament, I thought his best game was against SK. He is definitely still one for the future.

Rezaei put his career aside in the right moment. The Nosrati/Hosseini duo at the back is exceptionally strong anyway.
              We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

while they incessantly go hammer and thongs at local players ( who admittedly did play poorly ) and berate and humiliate them for every single mistake, or even in some cases, some baseless accusations, our legioners ( who, like it or not, have LET US DOWN in 2 major tourneys so far in a year's time ) get adoration and adulation of almost all fans !

I'm not trying to crush anyone under my heels.
                but I am addressing a FACT.
                our expectations from ppl like VH or karimi are much higher, understandably so, than the likes of nosrati or shojayi.
                dont you agree?
                not only they are supposedly our "cream of the crop", they are under great coaches, top class football conditions, and training regimen that our local players ( I include uae guys too ) can dream of.

why shdnt we expect these idolized "stars" to play twice better than our local IPL players?
                who was the indisputable "star" of TM this time?
                VH? karimi? kia? ando? .... .
                NO.
                it was Hosseini.

and this is PATHETIC !
                anyone has the right to expect the product of HSV, BAYERN, ..... to rise above everyone else . NOT a guy from little know and with even lesser fan supported saipa from karaj !

if these "idols" havent been rudely awakened, then it is time to do so.
                TODAY.
                they cant rely on "geographical advantage" anymore.
                they cant rely on "names" anymore.
                they cant rely on "past exploits" anymore.
                they want their place in the team? they better work their arses off , if not better , at least as good as the IPL players.

this is a lesson needed to be taught to a set of ppl who have been failing us in the past year and need to wake up.

Comment

Iran's exit in the last 4 Asian Cups:

1996 - Lost to KSA in penalty shootout

2000 - Lost to S. Korea on Golden Goal Rule

2004- Lost to China in penalty shootout

2007 - Lost to S.Korea in penalty shootout

just something to think about......

Comment

Originally posted by The-Red View Post
                    today's loss was just another indication of dalal-bazihay poshtpardeh which has ruined our football in the last decades..yeki miyad az ro party bazi, yeki mireh cause they have pissed someone one off...mean while, we said goodbye to yet another talented team as most of us had predicted we will...what will happen now?,,,nothing new or constructive...you will read tomorrow that the so called 'majlis' has assigned a committee to study the reasons behind TMs loss, after all they care a looooooooot, then we will have a new regime in the IFF within the next few months, a new set of dalals, a new 4th class foriegn coach and failures will continue under this government and their nocheh in the IFF.
                    as for the AFC. I hope for the sake of the game that Japan win it all, as they have been, are and probably will be the most organized and championship matterial team there has been in the whole continent of Asia, at all levels of the game.
                    what did I tell you guys,,,here you go

مجلس دنبال مقصران شكست تيم ملى
                    sigpic
                    Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

it was Hosseini...

Comment

Originally posted by The-Red View Post
                        what did I tell you guys,,,here you go
                        مجلس دنبال مقصران شكست تيم ملى
                        Do we expect more? When the president states that a 16 years old girl's home energy runs under nuclear energy which she invented and ran it out, the congress must look after the criminals into the team. It reminds me "Uday" Saddam's son.

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
                          He shined right before the tournament among some others like Rajab-zadeh. This must be a good lesson that we need to go after a recent performance rather than a few years’ ones.
                          ghorbooneh dahanet amoo.
                          that's what I have been screaming about only for the past 3 years !!!

forgive me , though, if I dont kiss you ... like some "others" here
                          ( to that person: YAAA .. YOU know I'm talking to YOU, meesterrrr )

Comment

ghorbooneh dahanet amoo.
                            that's what I have been screaming about only for the past 3 years !!!

forgive me , though, if I dont kiss you ... like some "others" here
                            ( to that person: YAAA .. YOU know I'm talking to YOU, meesterrrr )
                            What is it now, after being accused of being pastfetrat and Hezboolahi Kaseef on Iranian.com and in main pfdc forum, now too ham baraye ma eenjoorie harf dar meeyari???? LOL

Basheh. Dahanet roo beboosam was a slang when I was in Iran at least. If now in Iran, people are becoming homophobic like most Americans that is their proragetive.
                            Har che az doost resad nekoost.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
                              What is it now, after being accused of being pastfetrat and Hezboolahi Kaseef on Iranian.com and in main pfdc forum, now too ham baraye ma eenjoorie harf dar meeyari???? LOL
                              Basheh. Dahanet roo beboosam was a slang when I was in Iran at least. If now in Iran, people are becoming homophobic like most Americans that is their proragetive.
                              Har che az doost resad nekoost.

avalandesh keeee ... WHICH part of Iran had that saying? maybe ghazveen .

doyomandesh, na agha joon . dont wait around. chizi az maa nemireseh ke neekoo ham basheh !!
                              boro agha , maybe San Francisco guys would ...ahem ... help you with that part.

Comment

Working...
                              X