• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran - Korea post-game discussion

I’m just too depressed to write much.
    I’ll keep it telegraphic.

1- Line up & the game.
    our best game in the tourney. I’m not joking.
    The starting line up made sense and was more or less the best combination we could’ve had against the Koreans. A departure from group stage habits of GN.
    No complaints on this one.
    ( probably GN was indeed, experimenting w the line up )

We also created many chances. Yes, our chances most probably were equal to the Koreans, but ours had more DANGEROUS ones and in the end, I think we truly did deserve to win.

2- Bad subbing.
    Another departure from the group stage, which saw GN make some bad decisions in subbing.

- Khatibi: While I believe Khatibi did play an acceptable game, as he was a constant threat to the defenders. Which kept them at bay, and they hardly joined in the attack.
    But I also believe subbing him with Kazemian around 75-80, would have changed the rhythm of our attacks, given more width on the right and if nothing else, a fresh pair of legs would help.

- Karimi: the guy had 2-3 BRILLIANT moves. But he did them once every 30-35 minutes! Now, some may say that is enough. Some may say no. both can be correct.
    I, personally, would have told him to move his arse more often and do more of that. If not, by minute 80, he’d be subbed with Shojayi.
    Karimi was invisible for long periods of the game and that decreases our chances of winning. Shojayi would have been a different prospect altogether.

- I, personally, wouldn’t have kept a sub for Talebloo. I’d go for the win in regular or extra time. Rajabzadeh for either khatibi or Karimi would have been fine.

3- Teymoorian just cant trap the ball !
    This is the 4th consecutive game his touch fails him here!
    Why? For a player who is a pro and supposedly plays in one of Europe’s best leagues, inability to trap the ball is just shameful !
    Everytime he tried to trap it, the ball fell in front of a Korean !
    Shameful, disgraceful handling!
    But his hassling, running & interceptions made up for the above f**k ups.

4- Defense .
    Defense played one of its better games in a looong long time.
    Was it the habitual 3-man defense?
    Was it Nosrati’s come back?
    Whatever it was, I think they played very well, for our standards.
    Hosseini, for me, is a gem and shd be our biggest star and product out of this sad tourney.

5- Ghotbi.
    Everytime the TV showed Ghotbi, I felt a pang.
    I don’t hate him. He’s a pro and it is his job & duty to help his team.
    I only wished the TV wouldn’t go on showing him instructing players or conferring w the coach !
    Illogical, I know. But emotions are supposed to be illogical !

6- Positives our of this tourney:

The first thing is GN will leave. And hopefully, some good coach will move in.
    I'm hoping Denizli.

The second thing is if this defense is retained and bolstered, I think we'd have a solid chance at WCQ's.

That's all the positive I can think of at the moment !

Well said, thank god we have this forum, the other football forum was driving me nuts

we need some time to recuperate before we talk rashly.

PFDC 10 Years & Counting
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
    For some nice Lounge & Chillout head to -->http://www.youtube.com/user/mkbf86

Comment

doctor jan, some good points but i have my differences with u here:

1)i still would prefer playing 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 which we played all 3 games and our team was finding its rhythm with this formation, suddenly revert back to 3back system, that too against a team which plays with 3 strikers?
      madanchi saved our behinds on the counters n many occasions.
      the koreans crosses all reached their team mates on the other side of the field simply because our 3 back didnt have width unlike the 4 back.

2)khatibi was only effective in the first half. second half, he really wasnt that positive. bringing in kazemian who also has pace wouldnt be that bad!

3)i think teymourian was really tired towrads the end of teh game and made a lot of mistakes and turnovers. however, in the first 90 minutes, i think he was pretty ok even in stopping the ball.

4)i think IFF announced before the tournament that watever the results of this tourney, ghalenoi will remain our headcoach.
      unless ghalenoi resigns, i dont think he will be removed. even if he does get removed, someone from his mafia band will replace him.

5)i think the only positive point of this sad tourney was jalal hosseini and the fact that just like asian cup 2000, nekounam will be our only player in the dream team.
      Originally posted by siavasharian
      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

yeah the football forum is going crazy.
        I think the new IFF failed both internationally (our situation with FIFA and the amature way of managing TM and choosing an inexperienced coach and ultimately failing in the Asian Cup) and domestically (the dreadful league we had this year) in the past year and its time for all of them to resign (which they probably wont).

I have made myself clear about TM, GN and the new IFF numerous times.
        I am more interested in reading what the supporters of the current staff of TM have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
          yeah the football forum is going crazy.
          I think the new IFF failed both internationally (our situation with FIFA and the amature way of managing TM and choosing an inexperienced coach and ultimately failing in the Asian Cup) and and domestically (the dreadful league we had this year) in the past year and its time for all of them to resign (which they probably wont).

I have made myself clear about TM, GN and the new IFF numerous times.
          I am more interested in reading what the supporters of the current staff of TM have to say.
          vagean, asian cup was their last chance to prove themselves, but not surprisingly,they failed again!

there has been nothing we achieved ever since the new federation has come!
          Originally posted by siavasharian
          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
              - Khatibi: While I believe Khatibi did play an acceptable game, as he was a constant threat to the defenders. Which kept them at bay, and they hardly joined in the attack.
              But I also believe subbing him with Kazemian around 75-80, would have changed the rhythm of our attacks, given more width on the right and if nothing else, a fresh pair of legs would help.

yes I agree, I was waiting and waiting to see Kazemian be subbed in for Khatibi. I was actually 100% sure GN would that!

I also think one positive aspect of the tournament is this man: JALLAL HOSSEINI he played a solid, decent tournament and gives us hope for the future of our defence. very impressive!
              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Quite horrible for me to admit , but I agree with every word Dr. Doom said.

Especially Kazemian for Khatibi was overdue.

On a different note (doesn't really fit here, but don't want to open a new thread on this): just imagine Daei played, wouldn't it all be his fault now? Sounds cheap on first glance, but think about it. Regardless of true reasons, wasn't Daei the scapegoat for everything in recent years?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                  On a different note (doesn't really fit here, but don't want to open a new thread on this): just imagine Daei played, wouldn't it all be his fault now? Sounds cheap on first glance, but think about it. Regardless of true reasons, wasn't Daei the scapegoat for everything in recent years?
                  Daei was just as responsible in our poor performances over the recent years as Khatibi has been here.

Comment

Originally posted by kaz View Post
                    Daei was just as responsible in our poor performances over the recent years as Khatibi has been here.
                    I disagree. Khatibi really played worse than Daei. Daei just looked like an old man and was made scapegoat by people who didn't find a better one. Yet I think Khatibi is attacked too hard as well. We simply have no better strikers and he usually is better than he played in AC, he now pays the price for GN's wrong decision not to sub him.

People love attractive football, otherwise a talented player who disappoints off and on the pitch for almost 2 years now wouldn't be so popular anymore. Daei just couldn't deliver anything attractive anymore, and that was equaled to not being able to deliver anything useful anymore.

Actually the performance of our strikers in this tourney proved that Branko was right to rely on Daei.

And apart from Daei's footballing skills, his leadership was missed greatly.
                    Last edited by Martin-Reza; 07-22-2007, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I really thought that GN was going to change the style of play and win the game in the second half, when the Koreans were tired. But I think that I overestimated his thinking. GN was a coward in this game. His lineup and player selection was totally defensive which was OK in the first half, but in the second half the Koreans were totally tired. This was our game to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                        I’m just too depressed to write much.
                        I’ll keep it telegraphic.

1- Line up & the game.
                        our best game in the tourney. I’m not joking.
                        The starting line up made sense and was more or less the best combination we could’ve had against the Koreans. A departure from group stage habits of GN.
                        No complaints on this one.
                        ( probably GN was indeed, experimenting w the line up )

We also created many chances. Yes, our chances most probably were equal to the Koreans, but ours had more DANGEROUS ones and in the end, I think we truly did deserve to win.

2- Bad subbing.
                        Another departure from the group stage, which saw GN make some bad decisions in subbing.

- Karimi: the guy had 2-3 BRILLIANT moves. But he did them once every 30-35 minutes! Now, some may say that is enough. Some may say no. both can be correct.
                        I, personally, would have told him to move his arse more often and do more of that. If not, by minute 80, he’d be subbed with Shojayi.
                        Karimi was invisible for long periods of the game and that decreases our chances of winning. Shojayi would have been a different prospect altogether.

- I, personally, wouldn’t have kept a sub for Talebloo. I’d go for the win in regular or extra time. Rajabzadeh for either khatibi or Karimi would have been fine.

3- Teymoorian just cant trap the ball !
                        This is the 4th consecutive game his touch fails him here!
                        Why? For a player who is a pro and supposedly plays in one of Europe’s best leagues, inability to trap the ball is just shameful !
                        Everytime he tried to trap it, the ball fell in front of a Korean !
                        Shameful, disgraceful handling!
                        But his hassling, running & interceptions made up for the above f**k ups.

4- Defense .
                        Defense played one of its better games in a looong long time.
                        Was it the habitual 3-man defense?
                        Was it Nosrati’s come back?
                        Whatever it was, I think they played very well, for our standards.
                        Hosseini, for me, is a gem and shd be our biggest star and product out of this sad tourney.

5- Ghotbi.
                        Everytime the TV showed Ghotbi, I felt a pang.
                        I don’t hate him. He’s a pro and it is his job & duty to help his team.
                        I only wished the TV wouldn’t go on showing him instructing players or conferring w the coach !
                        Illogical, I know. But emotions are supposed to be illogical !

6- Positives our of this tourney:

The first thing is GN will leave. And hopefully, some good coach will move in.
                        I'm hoping Denizli.

The second thing is if this defense is retained and bolstered, I think we'd have a solid chance at WCQ's.

That's all the positive I can think of at the moment !
                        I had mentioned a few times before the match, not using Kaabi in this game is going to cost us. Aside from that, I am very disappointed why Shojaie was never tapped on as a play-maker during the tournament and why Khatibi got so much playing time after it was clear he is not going to score a goal. The match should have never gone to the PKs. Mobali and Shojaie and Rajabzadeh should have been the 3 subs and Kaabi should have started instead of Khatibi somewhere in the lineup. I sincerely hope that IFF gives the TM's helm to Daie for the next few months. We have some time before the next major tournament and I would like to see what he can do with the team. If Germany appointed Voeller and Klinsmann for two successfull WC campaigns in 2002 and 2006 then we certainly have a plausible case to argue we can appoint Daie in the similar position.
                        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Guys, I am just too impacted by the outcome of the game today to think stright and write anything meaningful. And I am not just feeling that way because we lost a football match. Everytime something like this happens, I feel bad for the younge man and woman of Iran that are using football to find their lost national pride.

Yes, this football is becoming our way to feel closer to who we really are. That is why a defeat feels so bitter.

Please don't be so harsh on a given player or the coach. They are not guilty ... An unqualified player is selected by an unqualified coach and an unqualifed coach is hired by an unqualified head of football federation, and an unqualified head of football federation is appointed by an ........on and on and on ....

Guys, this all goes back to the state of our country and our football team is just a reflection of what is transpiring in our home land. Please do not expect anything else!

Unfortunately, the history always repeats until we learn ... and we just haven't! Let's face it!

Comment

today's loss was just another indication of dalal-bazihay poshtpardeh which has ruined our football in the last decades..yeki miyad az ro party bazi, yeki mireh cause they have pissed someone one off...mean while, we said goodbye to yet another talented team as most of us had predicted we will...what will happen now?,,,nothing new or constructive...you will read tomorrow that the so called 'majlis' has assigned a committee to study the reasons behind TMs loss, after all they care a looooooooot, then we will have a new regime in the IFF within the next few months, a new set of dalals, a new 4th class foriegn coach and failures will continue under this government and their nocheh in the IFF.

as for the AFC. I hope for the sake of the game that Japan win it all, as they have been, are and probably will be the most organized and championship matterial team there has been in the whole continent of Asia, at all levels of the game.
                            sigpic
                            Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Hi guys,

I think I came up with the something to ease the pain ..

"Our football team is a reflection of what is transpiring in our country. Please adjust your expectations accordingly, and until the root cause is fixed."

Comment

Working...
                              X