Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Lee YP, Park JS, Ali Karimi, etc in AFC player of the year list ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Rahman Rezaei and Ali Karimi both had a good year Rahman has had a very good year being the key man for our TM and has had a good showing for his team in Italy. Ali has shown a good a.f.c cup and had done very good in germeny.
    I think they should have become player of the year not some arab that had been picking his nose for the whole year.
    alimossavat.acndirect.com ( saving people money on essential services. )

Comment

Originally posted by nyc3469
      Karimi did deserve the award. He plays for a better club according to the fox sports club rankings and has actually scored a goal.
      please tell me you're joking...

If not, why exactly would that mean he is worthy of player of the year ahead of Park?

Comment

Karimi did deserve the award. He plays for a better club according to the fox sports club rankings and has actually scored a goal.
        Park JS before joining Man U was instrumental in getting PSV to do well in championship league. He has scored for the PSV and KNT in crucial moments in 2005. So, if you consider the entire year, Park's accomplishment would stand out. I am not putting down Karimi's accomplishment. Rather, I am saying that there are better canidates than the 3 AFC have put up for the Asian Player of the year. Basically, AFC eliminated anyone if they suspected that the player cannot attend the award ceremony in person. That's rather a stupid reason, isn't it?
        Even if you are on the right track, if you don't move, you will get run over. Move on.

Comment

Park deserved it hands down. Lets be realistic here, it was his year, and he did amazingly well.
          NATARSID NATARSID, MA HAME BA HAM HASTIM!!!

Comment

How many did park score for PSV?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza
              Idiotic. Park Ji-Sung is the real Asian Player of the Year and everyone knows that.
              Congratulations to him.

Sorry but I disagree. Why not Rahman Rezaei, Mehdi Mahdavikia or Nekounam??

Comment

Originally posted by Essi
                Sorry but I disagree. Why not Rahman Rezaei, Mehdi Mahdavikia or Nekounam??
                C'mon Essi Jan - you can't be serious? The impact that Park has/had (ESPECIALLY in champion's league) is/was FAR greater than Rezaei, Kia and Nekounam. Plus, he plays regularily in United and can change the game around with single kicks of the ball. He's fast, technically gifted...i mean, he has everything.

Why not Rezaei?

a) He's a defender
                b) His team has been losing and didn't do TOO well last year. Park can score in many different ways - i have yet to see Rezaei score with his feet, except ONCE with his left foot for Perugia I think it was on a set peice. Park MAKES his own opportunities and SCORES.

Why not Nekounam?

a) Doesn't have the impact Park has in games
                b) Not as technically gifted as Park
                c) Plays in Pas, meanwhile Park is in Man U

Why not Kia?

a) This is player of the YEAR, not player of the new season - Park was consistently good this whole year, enough to get a starting role at MAN U!
                b) He's got it before.
                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

How many did park score for PSV?
                  He didn't socre many for PSV as he played mid-fielder who was task to "create." Still, he has scored decent number of goals for PSV in Eridivisie and in Championship league. Park is not a striker although he does player the position once in a while for ManU, KNT.

One thing great about Park, he plays almost all positions except for goalie. Positions he played for PSV/KNT/Manu: defender (a few for PSV), mid-fielder (majority), and striker (some). Because of this, his value as a player in PSV/KNT is very significant.

I didn't start this thread to point out who should be the AFC player of the year but Park JS certainly deserves to win over many others. Besides, Iranians have won too many anyway.
                  Even if you are on the right track, if you don't move, you will get run over. Move on.

Comment

Working...
                  X