Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that 7 big name Team Melli players came out and openly said, “Carlos come back.” on their social media is a bit worrying for me. One would assume how awkward it would be for Skocic if he stayed. I just hope that action alone doesn’t cause any friction or drama within the team.

I know players are allowed to speak their mind. I also know that Skocic is not a certain candidate. I just thought it was a bit unprofessional for our veteran athletes (who are well known not just in Iran but in the world) to come out on their social media and express who they want as the coach, when Skocic is still the candidate. I’m sure nothing bad will come of it if he stays, but if I was Sardar, Alireza, Mehdi and the others, I would go speak with Khadem privately. Not put it up on my Instagram story.

Comment

^I don't think it will be (or was) a big deal. It was somewhat chaotic after we topped the group; IFF was saying Dragan didn't have a contract any more, etc., etc. TM players showing their love for CQ is natural and expected. They also respect Dragan (from what I have seen), but don't have the history with Dragan that they did with CQ. Hopefully, Dragan will cement his place in TM history as well, by qualifying Iran for the WC.

Edit: FYI. I haven't seen any first-hand accounts of TM players dissing Dragan (either directly, or indirectly with requesting CQ).

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
        The fact that 7 big name Team Melli players came out and openly said, “Carlos come back.” on their social media is a bit worrying for me. One would assume how awkward it would be for Skocic if he stayed. I just hope that action alone doesn’t cause any friction or drama within the team.

I know players are allowed to speak their mind. I also know that Skocic is not a certain candidate. I just thought it was a bit unprofessional for our veteran athletes (who are well known not just in Iran but in the world) to come out on their social media and express who they want as the coach, when Skocic is still the candidate. I’m sure nothing bad will come of it if he stays, but if I was Sardar, Alireza, Mehdi and the others, I would go speak with Khadem privately. Not put it up on my Instagram story.
        Who & when did they say this? Didn't read anything about it
        ما میمیریم میمیریم ایران رو پس میگیریم

Comment

Sorkhabi reported it so most likely it is true and hardly surprising. We have a front for Branko picking the teams with history of backhanders. This coach is not good enough for TM. Bosnia C team and Uzbek's are not exactly amazing. Yes he did well in the 4 games however it was the players who got us through this let's be real.

Comment

I think so far Skocic has shown in action that he has thick skin. That's good news. The biggest test of his career will be round 3 (up to that point of course). He is mature enough to know that there is a lot of love for CQ among veteran TM players whose careers grew significantly under his guidance and support even after he left TM. I think Skocic will handle it maturely. I am impressed on how he handled the whole ordeal of Azizi Khadem saying that his contract had ended (that wasn't true). He simply said "that's news to me" without causing more tension and thanked the reporters for being there Then he came on TV and said professionally that his contract was very brief content wise and it ends in 2023 with both sides having options to end it. Round 2 was a huge test and he passed it with flying colors. He took over a team that was on the verge of being eliminated with a federation that was broken and he came through. It's true that he probably has the best talent in the history of TM yet that could be more of a problem when you have that much talent with a federation that is in shambles and the whole AFC is against you. I am hopeful and cautiously optimistic. Next couple of weeks in terms of plans for friendlies and camps is absolutely critical. Let's see how he does. For now, I am fully behind him. If you have time, watch the clip below. Your respect for Skocic will only increase.

Go TM!

Comment

give us more details bro. where did you see this because it could be a rumor. Becuase I've read that only 2 players did not vouch for skocic to stay

Comment

It would be good to see a source and photos/evidence of such. I follow Team Melli players on social media and did not see any such item. It doesn't seem that any members here did either.

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
                  It would be good to see a source and photos/evidence of such. I follow Team Melli players on social media and did not see any such item. It doesn't seem that any members here did either.
                  yeah, i didnt see it either. i dont know where this comes from. we should create hashiye

Comment

Everyone should watch this. I am impressed by the relationship Skocic has developed with TM players. Similar to CQ, he sees them as part of his family. It's authentic with no pretense. I like his no nonsense style of talking. He doesn't use that many adjectives. Watch the whole thing, especially the parts about Majid Hosseini and Vahid Amiri.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                      I think so far Skocic has shown in action that he has thick skin. That's good news. The biggest test of his career will be round 3 (up to that point of course). He is mature enough to know that there is a lot of love for CQ among veteran TM players whose careers grew significantly under his guidance and support even after he left TM. I think Skocic will handle it maturely. I am impressed on how he handled the whole ordeal of Azizi Khadem saying that his contract had ended (that wasn't true). He simply said "that's news to me" without causing more tension and thanked the reporters for being there Then he came on TV and said professionally that his contract was very brief content wise and it ends in 2023 with both sides having options to end it. Round 2 was a huge test and he passed it with flying colors. He took over a team that was on the verge of being eliminated with a federation that was broken and he came through. It's true that he probably has the best talent in the history of TM yet that could be more of a problem when you have that much talent with a federation that is in shambles and the whole AFC is against you. I am hopeful and cautiously optimistic. Next couple of weeks in terms of plans for friendlies and camps is absolutely critical. Let's see how he does. For now, I am fully behind him. If you have time, watch the clip below. Your respect for Skocic will only increase.

Go TM!

How dumb is that guy to ask skocic 10 times the same question and even saying if you stay good luck and if you dont stay also good luck .... so dumb

Comment

Btw where i can see the full video ?

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                          Everyone should watch this. I am impressed by the relationship Skocic has developed with TM players. Similar to CQ, he sees them as part of his family. It's authentic with no pretense. I like his no nonsense style of talking. He doesn't use that many adjectives. Watch the whole thing, especially the parts about Majid Hosseini and Vahid Amiri.

Go TM!
                          lol nonesense... he took a 26 man squad to Kish and Bahrain for over 2 weeks spent day in day out with the squad yet only a maximum of 4/26 wanted him to stay

Comment

Keeping Skocic by IFF was the right move for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
                              lol nonesense... he took a 26 man squad to Kish and Bahrain for over 2 weeks spent day in day out with the squad yet only a maximum of 4/26 wanted him to stay
                              No what you are saying is nonsense, stop spreading fake news about players not liking Skocic just because you and your peers don't like the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                                No what you are saying is nonsense, stop spreading fake news about players not liking Skocic just because you and your peers don't like the man.
                                Whats up with this fake news ???? As if any player would talk against skocic lol , some need to be banned for fake news

Comment

Working...
                                X