QUEIROZ vs BRANCO Discussion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beevee View Post
    Dear friend, it is so helpful to fully read and understand what a person is saying or has said before thinking of an answer or putting labels such as "die hard fans". The only die hard fan I see here is you who without understanding the subject looks for an answer!! I said this is a useless discussion if your only argument is based on stats, reason being because of geography, timing, talent pool, economy, population, history and and and.
    but you are saying that because the stats are against your argument. otherwise you would be thanking tooleh for posting those stats instead of arguing with him that these stats are useless and aren't telling the whole story etc etc!!..

and that's the problem with everyone's argument who is whining about the stats Tooleh has posted, in that they would have all used the same stats as proof of their argument and pushed the thanks button under his post, if the same "useless numbers" were the other way around!

now before you jump to conclusion, I too would take CQ over Branko. (as if I have a choice). CQ is a top tier coach and branko is not any where near his stature. but that doesn't mean that I don't think highly of branko as coach. a great coach in fact who has done an excellent job with Persepolis and did the best he could with Iran.

Comment

These guys touting B***** should go look at his the games, instead of numbers. For the rest of us who lived through those dark days ro who have some sense, I suggest we ignore/boycott this stupid post so it disappears from the front page.
      زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
        but you are saying that because the stats are against your argument
        I have no argument, I'm saying any argument based solely on stats doesn't have much of a leg to stand on. I didn't even read his stats or try to find stats to counter his. Let me ask you this how many coaches do you know of that have had great numbers with one team and then go to another team and crash and burn? Why is that? didn't they have amazing stats? No the reason is that the circumstances has changed. So stats by themselves are meaning less. that's all. I don't want to continue this pointless conversation anymore. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by paas View Post
          You are implying that Branko is a Honda Civic and CQ is a Ferrari. So how is it that the Honda civic is putting up better numbers than the Ferrari?
          Abedzadeh, K.Nader, Dr.Strangemoosh and I have all explained in detail why numbers without context are meaningless, and some even pointed out that the "numbers" the Branko apologists hide behind are actually fraudulent... and you STILL post this nonsense!

Unbelievable.

Really? Like saying “Branko inherited a team that had many of the Stars of 1998 World Cup” or that “CQ inherited a team with a star-studded cast of Mohammad and Pejman Nouri, Gholamreza Rezaei” .
          Completely false statements intended to make Branko look bad and CQ look good.
          Those are completely TRUE statements, and it's not our problem that FACTS make Branko look bad and CQ look good.

Take away Kia and Karimi from Branko's team in AC 2004 and WCQ rounds in 2004-2005, and I'll tell you what his "win percentage" would be. I can't stand Karimi, but I can't deny that in those years he carried the national team on his shoulders. If he had been the same injured/petulant child in 2004-2005 that he was in WC 2006, Branko's record in Iran would be VERY different. CQ has built a team entirely independent of stars. Only those of us who have followed Iranian football for decades instead of a few years can understand what a drastic change this is.

The problem here is that Branko apologists can't openly admit their motivations. They can't just come out and say they prefer their precious club to team melli, because they know how it would be received by the majority on a board like this. So instead they resort to logical gymnastics, cherry picked numbers that are either taken out of context or completely incorrect, and brag about empty "achievements" like winning the Asian games against Japan's U-21 team.

This is exactly like my example of someone who argues that Hondas are better than Ferraris, but he's too embarrassed to admit he only says it because his dad drove a Civic.

Comment

Originally posted by FutbolGods View Post
            Abedzadeh, K.Nader, Dr.Strangemoosh and I have all explained in detail why numbers without context are meaningless, and some even pointed out that the "numbers" the Branko apologists hide behind are actually fraudulent... and you STILL post this nonsense!

Unbelievable.
            The numbers are not "fraudulent". I've personally checked them out myself. If you are referring to the matches in 2002, Branko was the U23 team coach (u23+3 overage) preparing the team for the Asian games (which we won). I'm sorry that the stats don't fit into your agenda.

Really? Like saying “Branko inherited a team that had many of the Stars of 1998 World Cup” or that “CQ inherited a team with a star-studded cast of Mohammad and Pejman Nouri, Gholamreza Rezaei” .
            Completely false statements intended to make Branko look bad and CQ look good.
            You saying that those statements are correct says it all to me what's going on here.

Comment

Originally posted by paas View Post
              You saying that those statements are correct says it all to me what's going on here.
              "What's going on here" is that we're dealing with reality while you're dealing with... something else. Karimi and Kia were the pillars of Branko's team and responsible for the bulk of its wins, and both of them were already stars and key players in team melli before Branko took over. He had the fortune of getting them in the absolute prime of their careers. You have no argument against any of this. Nothing other than the most superficial comparison of stats devoid of context.

"What's going on here" is that a handful of red fans can't come to terms with the fact that CQ is in a whole other league compared to their mediocre Croat who couldn't get hired as ball boy in places CQ has been. You're just going to have to deal with this. And just because you can't, doesn't mean the rest of us have to indulge your delusions.

Comment

I never really thought that Iran was a country which had club-over-country supporters until going on instagram today after the game. Wasn't expecting so many iranians to be unhappy that of Iran's victory over Vietnam (although to be fair I believe the vast majority of Persepolis fans in real life would be happy for TM to win).

It's actually quite surreal. I guess with their stats, both real and fake, without any context or interpretation, up is down and left is right.

Comment

TM should remain a neutral force of nature uniting all of us as politicians, coaches, IFF heads come and go.

Wish our army was like that.
                  Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Does anyone have a video of Branco talking about Iraq’s coach/team? I saw it somewhere but can’t remember and now I can’t find it
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

آیا کی‎روش بهترین مربی تاریخ فوتبال ایران است؟

کارلوس کی*روش در مقایسه با چهار سرمربی پیشین تیم* ملی آماری ارزشمندتر دارد اما رکوردهای* خیره*کننده*ای که به اسم او ثبت شده است، رقیب بزرگی را مقابل خود می*بیند.

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=434322

Comment

Another anti-CQ article by v3 and Pejman Rahbar who is pro branko:

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/158964...88%D8%B1%D8%AF

Comment

Working...
                        X