Unfair medal distributions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfair medal distributions

Artistic gymnastic has a medal BUT Artistic Taekwondo does not?

Olympics have become medal grabbing for some countries to win medals in skateboarding and artistic swimming, but not artistic taekwondo?

This 2020 Tokyo Olympics have taken away few medals from Iran, especially in fencing.

A country wins 11 Gold in Swimming? Which is tougher? Swimming, Weightlifting, or Wrestling?

Get rid of skateboarding.

Africa does not have water and Europeans are lucky to have a lot of it. There should be weather considerations for Olympics as it is for Winter Olympics.

Olympic body is biased towards some countries, especially in Tokyo Olympics (2020).
    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
    Artistic gymnastic has a medal BUT Artistic Taekwondo does not?

Olympics have become medal grabbing for some countries to win medals in skateboarding and artistic swimming, but not artistic taekwondo?

This 2020 Tokyo Olympics have taken away few medals from Iran, especially in fencing.

A country wins 11 Gold in Swimming? Which is tougher? Swimming, Weightlifting, or Wrestling?

Get rid of skateboarding.

Africa does not have water and Europeans are lucky to have a lot of it. There should be weather considerations for Olympics as it is for Winter Olympics.

Olympic body is biased towards some countries, especially in Tokyo Olympics (2020).
    What bout rock climbing? Too many hobbies are making the cut while IOC contemplates cutting out sports like wrestling!

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Its all about marketing and getting a large consortium of sponsors behind you. If you can make money for advertisers they're happy to add your sports. esports will be the next crap they'll add.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        What bout rock climbing? Too many hobbies are making the cut while IOC contemplates cutting out sports like wrestling!

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
        I thought we had good climbers

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          I thought we had good climbers
          Still not a sport. It's more a hobby. Soon we need to add sky diving lol

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Agree, all these fringe/‘x-games’ sports make it-while classical sports like weightlifting, wrestling, etc., will probably be eventually phased out. And for swimming so many medals to be had—Iran’s Olympic federation if it cared would’ve invested in it-to try to catch up to the times

Comment

Olympics shouldn't have deviated so much from sports of true athleticism. In my opinion its stupid that sports which already have a well established and much more popular international competition like football etc are even included let alone stuff like skateboarding.
              Track and field, weightlifting, wrestling, swimming, boxing, martial arts; these are sports that inherently have a bigger following at the olympics and are much more raw tests of strength, stamina, mental fortitude, technique.
              If you ask me these should be part of olympics: Archery, track and field, boxing, diving, gymnastics, fencing, judo, karate, swimming, rowing, weightlifting, wrestling
              Everything else I would exclude, even things like volleyball or basketball. I think most team events in general shouldn't have much of a place at the olympics.
              Last edited by TM4LIFE; 08-03-2021, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Skateboarding , rock climbing and I think it was surfing were put in by Japan as the host nation are allowed to pick a few sports to have at their games , there is no guarantee any of them will be at Olympics going forward.

I am a fan of all three by the way , massive fan of the X Games and I definitely enjoyed watching the skateboarding.

The deal with artistic taekwando is that it was chosen as a demo sport, if they deemed it as a success then we may see it at the next Olympics. Artistic gymnastics (boring as it is) has been part of the programme for a while now.

Comment

why do they plan to exclude karate again?
                  Sign against banning Iran from WorldCup!!!
                  http://new.petitiononline.com/IRANWC06/petition.html

Comment

https://www.paris2024.org/en/the-oly...rts-programme/

These are the events that will take place in Paris. Paris has decided like Tokyo to include Skateboarding , Surfing and Rock Climbing but their fourth sport they have included is ‘breaking’ which I think is breakdancing. Come on people , this is our chance, which one of you has the moves.

Comment

but not karate..strange

Comment

Karate was one of the four sports that Japan picked and the French have not included it as one of their four.

Comment

makes sense for both japan and france.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post

These are the events that will take place in Paris. Paris has decided like Tokyo to include Skateboarding , Surfing and Rock Climbing but their fourth sport they have included is ‘breaking’ which I think is breakdancing. Come on people , this is our chance, which one of you has the moves.
                            If breakdancing includes beshkan we are a lock for gold

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post

I nominate the "Shift It" singer Mr. Goorgen for our break dancing athlete in Paris

Comment

Working...
                              X