2020 Tokyo Olympics - Schedule and live report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
    No I’m gonna have to disagree here. The match was already won for the Chinese. There was 2 seconds left and Hamideh was literally facing the other way and limping off. The Chinese came and punched her in the back with 2 seconds left even though she already qualified

It was just pure lack of class. Nothing else
    Perhaps. But its a cultural thing. Chinese are like robots and raise to win by all costs. But true, this looked like kickboxing and not old school/respect Karate.
    Sign against banning Iran from WorldCup!!!
    http://new.petitiononline.com/IRANWC06/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Babak500 View Post
      Perhaps. But its a cultural thing. Chinese are like robots and raise to win by all costs. But true, this looked like kickboxing and not old school/respect Karate.
      I’m gonna just choose to attribute it to lack of awareness and experience by the Chinese. Regardless, hope Hamidehs knee is okay. She must feel terrible for getting injured and going out like that

Comment

guys if the algerian would have won, hamideh would be in semifinals now? please confirm someone, as it looks like arab-arab cooperation to make sure one arab goes through.

Comment

Is the tiebreaker point differential? Could be why the Chinese went in for the punch. She did shake hamidehs hand after her injury

Comment

Sajjad is officially our last Olympian. Inshallah he can win Gold so we can still have a sweet ending to this Olympics

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
              Is the tiebreaker point differential? Could be why the Chinese went in for the punch. She did shake hamidehs hand after her injury
              I think the tiebreaker was head to head matchup. At least that’s what NBC commentators were saying

Comment

guys if the algerian would have won, hamideh would be in semifinals now? please confirm someone, as it looks like arab-arab cooperation to make sure one arab goes through.
                No but the Swiss girl would have made it over the arab. I’d be pissed if I was her

Comment

I’m gonna just choose to attribute it to lack of awareness and experience by the Chinese. Regardless, hope Hamidehs knee is okay. She must feel terrible for getting injured and going out like that
                  there is one rule in sports. dont turn your back in such a sport like karate! the opponent has then the right to do what they want...

Comment

I think so yes. But at the same time, I think Egyptian would’ve won against Algeria if she tried. The Algerian was a class below all the others

Edit: yeah nvm Hamideh wouldn’t have made it regardless. It’s the Swiss that got screwed over

Comment

I think the tiebreaker was head to head matchup. At least that’s what NBC commentators were saying
                      So it’s head to head first (chinese tied Swiss) then points. Imagine that last punch is why she made it through lol. Regardless I can’t blame her for the punch because it could have been the difference between advancing or not

Comment

there is one rule in sports. dont turn your back in such a sport like karate! the opponent has then the right to do what they want...
                        Sure but when you’re clearly injured and walking off it’s not really quite the same. It’s not like the Chinese was unaware that Hamideh was hurt and limping off. She had been hurt for a while already before the end

Look at Takhti for example. All class

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                          So it’s head to head first (chinese tied Swiss) then points. Imagine that last punch is why she made it through lol. Regardless I can’t blame her for the punch because it could have been the difference between advancing or not
                          Well not really. She must’ve been aware exactly what she needed to do to qualify before the match. It was the last match of the group stage so it’s not like she needed to build a cushion of point differential. She already knew what she needed and had it secured

Comment

First match in Sajjads group. Croatia defeats the Saudi 3-2

Comment

Canadian and America tie 0-0

Comment

Sajjad not coming up yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X