2020 Tokyo Olympics - Schedule and live report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    Honestly Hosseinkhani had our weakest performance in GR/Freestyle of entire olympics there with Geraei's BS vs Japanese.

I know dake is a class above him but honestly he was gassed fast and when he had energy expended it in inefficient ways.

Zarre looks likely to medal
    Lol geraeis BS. I’m still so annoyed he tried these fancy moves and STOOD HIMSELF UP for the Japanese guy to flip him. He tried t to reverse the guy in semis too. Glad his brother is much smarter wrestler

Comment

Hossinkhani's performance was exactly what I expected. The guy has disappointed every time of the countless times he has been sent to competitions! I wish they had sent Emami instead. At least he would have tried...

Comment

Dake was always the favorite, let's not overreact. Geraei, Yazdani, Atri, Zare have been outstanding so far.

Comment

hosseinkhani's coach (my favorite Iranian wrestling coach this Olympics) had to coach Zare first, and then ran over and took over coaching for hosseinkhani (their matches overlapped for a bit). Once he came over, he gave great instructions, loud and clear. But hosseinkhani didn't follow his instructions. Toward the end, he was yelling "you have to try" (Emtehaan kon"), but to no avail. Unfortunate.

Comment

I think the issue most of us have is his lack of effort to do anything to score points. The issue isn't that he lost as he was always going to be the underdog but he did nothing to score and his performance was just plain abysmal.

Originally posted by masoud nekounam View Post
            Dake was always the favorite, let's not overreact. Geraei, Yazdani, Atri, Zare have been outstanding so far.

Comment

Zare up against KOSOVO in 3 matches on Mat C.

Comment

Hosseinkhani just wanted to lose with respect. That's all he did.

Comment

Zare about to go in the quarterfinals.

Comment

Zare wins 13-2 with more than 3 minutes left (before half time)! What a win!

Comment

Zare is such a BEAST. 20 years old

Comment

Zare you frakkiiiiiin full blood STUUUUUUUUUUUUD

Comment

Wow Zare is really nimble for his size. 125kg guys arent usually like this

Comment

Zare going up against Georgia in semi finals

Comment

Zare manhandles the Kosovo wrestler 13-2 and goes to the semifinals where he will face the Georgian. This Georgian wrestler is a 3x world champion but Zare beat him in 2019 in epic fashion. In that match Zare was down almost double digit and ended up beating the Georgian 15-11. Zare is more than capable of beating this Georgian again. The winner of their match will face the Turkish wrestler who is the favourite to win the gold.

Comment

Stevenson up by 2 p!

Comment

Working...
                                X