Iranians in various sports thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iranians in various sports thread

I thought we could start a thread to discuss various Iranian athletes etc (which isn’t MMA or towards the Olympics)

The qualification is taking place at the moment for the Snooker World Championships.

Sohail Vahedi lost 6-5 in the first round when he was 5-2 up.

Hossein Vafei enters in the third qualifying round on Monday if he wins that and the round after then he enters into the full competition.

David Bakhtiari - NFL
    Yu Darvish - MLB
    Mika Zibanejad - NHL
    Steven Beitashour & Kaveh Rad - MLS

We just need an NBA player and we'll have an Iranian currently playing in every major American sport.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Hosseini Vafei lost his qualifying match 6-0 which was a big shock as the guy who beat him is ranked about 20 places lower in the world rankings. Hosseini is ranked 39 in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
        David Bakhtiari - NFL
        Yu Darvish - MLB
        Mika Zibanejad - NHL
        Steven Beitashour & Kaveh Rad - MLS

We just need an NBA player and we'll have an Iranian currently playing in every major American sport.
        Yu Darvish is one of the most fun athletes to watch on the planet. Been following him since he was a young kid in the Japanese league. I used to watch his Nippon-Ham Fighters games and update his Wikipedia page after each game.

Cool fact: his wife is a four time world champion wrestler. She’s from the famous Yamamoto family who are a hugely famous wrestling and mma fighting family in Japan. His brother in law was ex mma star Kid Yamamoto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Random, but cool anyway. American Perry Petty hits a long shot playing in Iran's basketball league

Comment

Bakhtiari on PUP list, will be eligible to play on October 24
            https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eason-pup-list

Comment

Patrick Mekari of the Baltimore Ravens (NFL) too. His mother is from Iran and his father is from Lebanon

Comment

Annahita Zamanian starting for Juventus in UEFA Women's Champions League game, Sara Doorsoun injured for Wolfsburg game vs Chelsea

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                  Annahita Zamanian starting for Juventus in UEFA Women's Champions League game, Sara Doorsoun injured for Wolfsburg game vs Chelsea

She should be playing for Iran.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Zamanian on the bench for Juventus vs Chelsea, Doorsoun back from injury and on the bench for Wolfsburg

Comment

This week, 21 year old Danial Shahbakhsh got Iran's first ever medal in world boxing championships! Such a huge potential.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                        This week, 21 year old Danial Shahbakhsh got Iran's first ever medal in world boxing championships! Such a huge potential.
                        Will he turn pro?

Comment

Originally posted by tmfan View Post
                          Will he turn pro?
                          I don't know. I guess his first goal is the Olympic boxing medal that Iran has looked for forever. But the money could pull him there.

Comment

Unbelievable. IR forces Iran's Karate team to pull out of the world Karate championships a day before they are supposed to fly for the competition. There are 5 Israelis in the tournament so a high chance of Iranians facing them. The funny thing is they don't even dare to say why and give BS excuse of the whole team having got Covid, while they don't even train together. I mean this is the most important competition in Karate that takes place every 2 years, they just ruin 2 years of hard work of 20 athletes for their ideology. Iran was supposed to participate as 3 times defending team Kumite champion.
                            They have also cancelled some other Iranian participations this month like the Asian bodybuilding competition as there has been a huge surge of our athletes defecting to the host countries lately. Is there a single aspect of our country which these bastards haven't screwed?

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                              Unbelievable. IR forces Iran's Karate team to pull out of the world Karate championships a day before they are supposed to fly for the competition. There are 5 Israelis in the tournament so a high chance of Iranians facing them. The funny thing is they don't even dare to say why and give BS excuse of the whole team having got Covid, while they don't even train together. I mean this is the most important competition in Karate that takes place every 2 years, they just ruin 2 years of hard work of 20 athletes for their ideology. Iran was supposed to participate as 3 times defending team Kumite champion.
                              They have also cancelled some other Iranian participations this month like the Asian bodybuilding competition as there has been a huge surge of our athletes defecting to the host countries lately. Is there a single aspect of our country which these bastards haven't screwed?
                              Disgusting animals.
                              Idiot rahbar, start being a rahbar and rule that it is ok to face Israeli athletes once and for all instead of continuing to hurt our people like you always do.

Comment

Working...
                              X