No announcement yet.

Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll translate the video and explanations into picture sequences below with the pictures attached.

Comment

Worlds 2019 Whizzer

Comment

Olympics

Now why would Yazdani expose himself as in 2019 worlds? This is what ppl dont comprehend. Yaz went for the kneepick this time, but both wrestlers didnt want to risk whizzering.

Comment

Hi everyone!
          I really loved the initiative with this thread. It pumped me up with our country going into the olympics!

Wanna thank you guys that started it, keeping it going and showing tremendous knowledge and heart.

I've been taking a walk, smoking a couple of cigarettes out of frustration and decided that this thread need to survive.
          I'm emotionally exhausted after Yazdanis TOUGH loss but feel like sh*t for even considering giving up on iranian sports in general and especially koshti.

Thing is: In a few months, we're going into World championships in Norway and it's will be a blast. After the last fight day we should start researching iranian selections, opponents and everything.

Im never! giving up on our boys. I'm still immensely proud of them!

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
            Hi everyone!
            I really loved the initiative with this thread. It pumped me up with our country going into the olympics!

Wanna thank you guys that started it, keeping it going and showing tremendous knowledge and heart.

I've been taking a walk, smoking a couple of cigarettes out of frustration and decided that this thread need to survive.
            I'm emotionally exhausted after Yazdanis TOUGH loss but feel like sh*t for even considering giving up on iranian sports in general and especially koshti.

Thing is: In a few months, we're going into World championships in Norway and it's will be a blast. After the last fight day we should start researching iranian selections, opponents and everything.

Im never! giving up on our boys. I'm still immensely proud of them!
            Keep this thread going, love reading your analysis/insights into the sport. Sepas!

Comment

Yeah with worlds around the corner hassan should regain his composure fast.

He will likely have a chance for some quick revenge to at least soften this blow a bit.

Comment

^agree. And one positive in all this: the next Olympic Games are only three years away!

Comment

Who else cant wait for the World Championships to come?
                  Sign against banning Iran from WorldCup!!!
                  http://new.petitiononline.com/IRANWC06/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Babak500 View Post
                    Who else cant wait for the World Championships to come?
                    Im already thinking of the tournament everyday! Can relate!

Comment

I have a proposal: let us try to discuss by themes. I wanted to talk about the expectations on our wrestling national team. What are we fans to expect? How do we measure success and failure? Theres always an important subjective side to it, but let us hold on to the facts.

I'm going to start by some basic statistics. Just to simplify lets take a look at head-to-head medaling between USA and Iran in the Worlds and compare it to Olympics.

Golds Silvers Bronze Total
                      6.Iran 59 55 69 183
                      4. USA 70 91 95 256

Bear in mind some issues here. Iran didnt compete seriously during the whole 80s. Iran Often medals 1-2 wrestlers every year on an average. Only the Iran-Iraq war cost us 10-20 gold medals. Also bear in mind that the US started competing earlier than Iran seriously. Also bear in mind that Irans head to head against the US is much better. There is no outcompeting by US on Iranian wrestlers in the Worlds.

Lets compare that to olympics.

Iran Gold Silver Bronze Total
                      11 15 21 47

USA 54 43 36 133

So even if we factor in the war, them starting to compete at a world stage earlier etcetera. We may talk about an OLYMPIC ADVANTAGE.
                      So we may fairly asses that Iran underperforms at olympics. And this is a mystery. Judging by the statistics: given that the same wrestlers wrestle like they usually do: We should have like 30 more gold medals in Olympics. Bear in mind that we in all competitions have won more fights than we have lost against them. But not when it matters.

The last part about underperformance in Olympics is what we need to talk about. We have thus concluded that there is no general crisis with americans being better than us. For the moment they are. But in the long perspective its hard to tell. They will slump as we will rise in the long run.

Any thoughts guys?

Comment

I have a proposal: let us try to discuss by themes. I wanted to talk about the expectations on our wrestling national team. What are we fans to expect? How do we measure success and failure? Theres always an important subjective side to it, but let us hold on to the facts.

I'm going to start by some basic statistics. Just to simplify lets take a look at head-to-head medaling between USA and Iran in the Worlds and compare it to Olympics.

6.Iran 59 55 69 183
                        4. USA 70 91 95 256

Bear in mind some issues here. Iran didnt compete seriously during the whole 80s. Iran Often medals 1-2 wrestlers every year on an average. Only the Iran-Iraq war cost us 10-20 gold medals. Also bear in mind that the US started competing earlier than Iran seriously. Also bear in mind that Irans head to head against the US is much better. There is no outcompeting by US on Iranian wrestlers in the Worlds.

11 15 21 47

USA 54 43 36 133

So even if we factor in the war, them starting to compete at a world stage earlier etcetera. We may talk about an OLYMPIC ADVANTAGE.
                        So we may fairly asses that Iran underperforms at olympics. And this is a mystery. Judging by the statistics: given that the same wrestlers wrestle like they usually do: We should have like 30 more gold medals in Olympics. Bear in mind that we in all competitions have won more fights than we have lost against them. But not when it matters.

The last part about underperformance in Olympics is what we need to talk about. We have thus concluded that there is no general crisis with americans being better than us. For the moment they are. But in the long perspective its hard to tell. They will slump as we will rise in the long run.

Any thoughts guys?
                        20% bad judging (cmon kurt angle in 1996, abdevali in 2012 and 2016 as just small examples), 40% mentality ("wasnt meant to be" attitude, lack of killer instinct at highest level), 40% federation issues

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                          20% bad judging (cmon kurt angle in 1996, abdevali in 2012 and 2016 as just small examples), 40% mentality ("wasnt meant to be" attitude, lack of killer instinct at highest level), 40% federation issues
                          Also don't forget the massive rip-off of Reza Yazdani in the semifinal of Rio 5 years ago. He should have been the one competing against Snyder for gold. Reza was never the same after that, understandingly...

Comment

6.Iran 59 55 69 183
                            4. USA 70 91 95 256
                            11 15 21 47
                            USA 54 43 36 133
                            Any thoughts guys?
                            ONE major difference between world and olympics is that iran has been a host a lot for the worlds and with capacity crowds the biggest in the world they are almost unbeatable. olympics never been hosted by iran ofcourse

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                              ONE major difference between world and olympics is that iran has been a host a lot for the worlds and with capacity crowds the biggest in the world they are almost unbeatable. olympics never been hosted by iran ofcourse
                              True, though DT did beat Yazdani in Kermanshah, if I recall correctly (not sure if that was Worlds, or another competition).

Comment

How can we break this evil telesm? It reminds me of US Women soccer team. It's exactly the same!

These olympic curses really fascinate me.

Comment

Working...
                                X