evaluating iran in RIO 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

evaluating iran in RIO 2016

now thay iran has all of its athletics over in RIO, lets evaluate TM overall
    3 gold, 1 silver 3 bronze

Teakwando : HUGE disappointment , first time since atlanta 1996 our man failed to gain a medal, however great job by kimia alizdeh

Wrestling : freestyle was good this year, 1 gold, 1 silver and a bronze, Greco was poor, we gained 2 bronze but poor overall, we need fresh legs

Weightlifting : It was the best performence, yes behdad did not win a medal but we send 4 participants and got 2 gold which is good

Judo : Another very disappointing performance by them

fencing : we did well came in 4th should have gotten a medal

shooting : we did well we had a 6th place and 8th can improve

Overall i would say we had a bad olympics, lack of ambition, lack of stamina, and lack of motivation

I don't know much about our judo team but I would assume we should be better. Anyone have any info on our current state of judo?

TWKDO was a joke. We have the best team in the world and nothing but a beautiful bronze by Kimia. She is a gold-medalist in future, no doubt.

Comment

I didn't expect more than 7-9 medals tbh

Comment

I became upset watching Iranian athletes several times.

I heard coaches selected the best in several wrestling weights rather than let athletes compete. Therefore, the performance or lack of it falls on the shoulder of coaches too.

I am very UNHAPPY with Vazir-e Varzesh. He is not suited for the job.

Koshti is Iranian varzesh, therefore, the performance was Poor. Iran deserved to be in football.

Overall, the performance was average. We need to strive to be better than London at ALL Olympics, the idiot Vazir said 3-4 medals are enough, NO it is NOT enough.
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

This is our second best medal haul ever. By no means is this a bad olympics, it shows at least we are steadily improving and last olympics wasn't a fluke. In Tokyo I am sure we will win 10+ medals with ease.

Comment

Ehsan Singapore is a funny character...

Comment

My evaluation of our efforts are that we could have done better but this was despite getting screwed over multiple times ...

Fuck this Olympics ... fuck the IOC ... fuck the UWW ... fuck the IWF ... they are a bunch of money grabbing cunts ... this is not sport ... its politics and corruption.

Lets all dream for a bright future ... but not with these bastards in charge!
              “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

Over all it was decent and i rate it only decent because it should have been far better with a little more concentration, preparation and just officiating. Taekwondo was a major disappointment except for Kimia and Greco was over all embarrassing. Luckily Freestyle and weightlifting saved us (except poor salimi )

Comment

Our middle term goal in Olympics should be 10+ gold medals.

Comment

we need to work on our stamina and get stronger mentally. we could have got an additional 2-3 medals IF we had the stamina, physical and mental down.
                    IRI = FAILED

Comment

good atlethes but fail coaches and management overall. Dissapointing olympics for iran but close to what was expected

Comment

Poor olympics by our standards

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                          Ehsan Singapore is a funny character...
                          why , everyone evaluate thier national team after olympics, and i have to say it was a bad olympics overall yes we got medals, but did we really do well?i would say overall no

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post

TWKDO was a joke. We have the best team in the world and nothing but a beautiful bronze by Kimia. She is a gold-medalist in future, no doubt.
                            The scoring is all done electronically now. The scoring system needs to improve but you can no longer spawn conspiracy theories.
                            Koreans will revise a few rules because they have realized that too much emphasis on head kicks is favoring passive or unsportsmanlike styles.
                            Actually their men suffered most probably because they were under order not to be passive even if they lose. No gold for them either.

When all these adjustments to electronic scoring are done Korea and Iran will be dominating this sport again.

Comment

Originally posted by maniei View Post
                              Our middle term goal in Olympics should be 10+ gold medals.
                              Middle term goal? Winning double-digit gold medals is very difficult. Only 7 countries (US, UK, China, Germany, Russia, Japan and France) did it this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X