Olympic vs World Cup results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic vs World Cup results

Why do you guys think that our athletes do so much better in world cup than Olympics? When you look at the results of our wrestling for example, we've been kicking ass for the past couple of years but flopped this year at the olympics. Same goes out for Taekwondo

I think since the Olympics get so much more publicity, a lot of the countries and athletes focus on Olympics and not the World Cup. Because of that, the gap between competitors becomes smaller and thus more challenging to win gold. That's my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
      Why do you guys think that our athletes do so much better in world cup than Olympics? When you look at the results of our wrestling for example, we've been kicking ass for the past couple of years but flopped this year at the olympics. Same goes out for Taekwondo
      if you mean the World Championship we didn't kick ass at all,
      in last year world championshp we won 3 medals in Greco-Roman, one of them in non-Olympic weight which doesn't count. so we won two medals in 2015 World Championship and exactly the same number at the Olympics. no change
      in freestyle we won 4 medals but 3 in Olympic weights (Rahimi silver, Mohammadi Bronze, Karimi Bronze) we already matched that number, even better with a gold medal.

but if you World Cup, this is a very low level competition, only few countries took it serious, we usually won the World Cup against B/C team of Russia.

Taekwondo on other hand is another story. they really kicked ass in last year World Championship, I don't know what happened to them.

Comment

$$$. WC pays a lot more.

Comment

We haven't done anything in the world champs of wrestling in the past 3 years.

Comment

Working...
          X