Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympics : what do you prefer?

For the next Olympics would you prefer :

1) Iran to have much more athletes participating in all the sports (specially the ones that have more coverage) but no medals

or

2) Iran to have few athletes concentrated in "small"/confidential sports but having medals from these?

option 1 will result in the long run in medals coming, I def. go for option one!

by the way there is a high possibility that TOKYO 2020 will include Karate, which means more medals for Iran!
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Option 3) More female athletes who dont have to compete in a damn ninja costume.
      "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
        option 1 will result in the long run in medals coming, I def. go for option one!

by the way there is a high possibility that TOKYO 2020 will include Karate, which means more medals for Iran!
        It is 100%. Iran is likely for 1-2 medals in karate

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
          It is 100%. Iran is likely for 1-2 medals in karate
          Didn't we say this about Taekwondo do this year? Let's be realistic...all you can do is have a plan, train, and work hard....the rest is just details.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Quality over Quantity.

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
              Interesting idea but this is not the policy that Britain adopted. they cut the funding in the weaker sports and increased funding in the stronger ones to improve their medal tally - and what results have been reaped!

Comment

I want it as it is now, it was good this year, BUT that thet actually get the medals, and dont watch the clock or go to the mat like they are drugged (yes, the GR team). Perhaps being in few more sports wouldnt hurt and also benefit on the long run, but we shall still have our dominans in the better sports.

Comment

#2 for me

I would like to see more state funding but we all know that is "pie in the sky" thinking!
                  “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

It makes no sense to participate just for the sake of participating.
                    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
                    And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Haf3z View Post

It makes no sense to participate just for the sake of participating.
                      Tell that to Pierre de Coubertin, the founder of Olympic games.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        Tell that to Pierre de Coubertin, the founder of Olympic games.
                        Okay. Let's forget about winning and just participate for the sake of participating.

Tell that to our Iranian Olympic medallists.
                        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
                        And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

I hope Iran will do well in major events like swimming and athletics someday.

Comment

^^yep there is ALOT of medals in swimming.

But I doubt we would ever be good at it. Not even sure how many Olympic size pools there are in Iran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                              ^^yep there is ALOT of medals in swimming.
                              But I doubt we would ever be good at it. Not even sure how many Olympic size pools there are in Iran.
                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              we have the Caspain Sea! and a lot of Mazandaranis are good swimmers. It just needs attention and investment.
                              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X