Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What iranians are competing for other countries in Rio 2016?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What iranians are competing for other countries in Rio 2016?

Until now we know that Saman Tahmasebi and Sabah Shariati are competing for Azerbajdzjan in Wrestling.

Rahele Asemani for Belgium

Milad Beigi for Azerbajdzjan

but I heard its 9 athletes from Iran competing for other countries, who are the rest?

The 2 Iranian wrestlers that wrestled today for Azerbeijan in the 85kg (Saman Tahmasebi ) and 130kg (Sabah Shariati)

Comment

who cares

Comment

Men's 105KG is on now for weightlifting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
          Men's 105KG is on now for weightlifting.
          b class

Comment

Raheleh Asemani lost her QF match in 57kg Taekwondo today, 2-7 to British opponent Jade Jones.

Coincidentally, the QF right after hers featured Iranian Kimia Zenoorin, who also lost. (narrowly, 7-8 to a Spaniard)

Would have been interesting if these two ladies met on the mat in Rio.

Comment

I'd love to see Iranian synchronized swimmers, and wouldn't care much who they compete for.. 😋

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
              به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Click View Post
                I'd love to see Iranian synchronized swimmers, and wouldn't care much who they compete for.. 😋
                No I wouldn't! I would get blind! I'd rather watch Sweden or Canada!

Comment

Originally posted by Vestvood Vizard View Post
                  Raheleh Asemani lost her QF match in 57kg Taekwondo today, 2-7 to British opponent Jade Jones.

Coincidentally, the QF right after hers featured Iranian Kimia Zenoorin, who also lost. (narrowly, 7-8 to a Spaniard)

Would have been interesting if these two ladies met on the mat in Rio.
                  LOL at Raheleh who left iran and with all the resources available to her, she still could not get a medal. she is done. 27 years old and will not be around for next olympic.
                  IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
                    LOL at Raheleh who left iran and with all the resources available to her, she still could not get a medal. she is done. 27 years old and will not be around for next olympic.
                    Haters gonna hate.

Maybe she didn't want to deal with the ridiculous restrictions placed on female athletes in Iran, like being forced to play with full hijab on!

Imagine the amount of success Iranian women could achieve if afforded more resources and less restrictions. We shouldn't settle for Kimia's bronze, although getting a medal for the first time is a tremendous achievement for someone who has to deal with the IRI's conditions. Her 3rd place finish will hopefully set a new precedent that demands more attention being paid to Iranian female athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Vestvood Vizard View Post
                      Haters gonna hate.

Maybe she didn't want to deal with the ridiculous restrictions placed on female athletes in Iran, like being forced to play with full hijab on!

Imagine the amount of success Iranian women could achieve if afforded more resources and less restrictions. We shouldn't settle for Kimia's bronze, although getting a medal for the first time is a tremendous achievement for someone who has to deal with the IRI's conditions. Her 3rd place finish will hopefully set a new precedent that demands more attention being paid to Iranian female athletes.
                      It wasn't because of hijab.
                      She left because she wasn't good enough. As simple as that. Just watch, she will move back to Iran pretty soon.

Comment

^ She left Iran as refugee when she was 13.. where is ur logic in these posts about women? She's pulled a silver in Asia and bronze in Europe before but the idea of Olympics is to participate more than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Daei View Post
                          ^ She left Iran as refugee when she was 13.. where is ur logic in these posts about women? She's pulled a silver before but the idea of Olympics is to participate more than anything else.
                          Lol 13? Did you just make that up? She left Iran 4 years ago at 23

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Daei View Post
                            ^ She left Iran as refugee when she was 13.. where is ur logic in these posts about women? She's pulled a silver in Asia and bronze in Europe before but the idea of Olympics is to participate more than anything else.
                            She left Iran only a few year ago and she was in her 20s. She had alot of competitors. And you can't send reps in every weight for taekwando.
                            I'm not saying she's a bad person. She was very pragmatic. She wanted to be in the Olympics and this was her best chance. Her weight group is very competitive in Iran.

Comment

^my bad (meant 23) .. but what suggests she may compete for Iran again? (our posts crossed.. I see ur indirect response to the Q.)

Comment

Working...
                              X