Iran is looking for hockey players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
    that would be cool. they will have to recruit highly in Scandinavian and Canada as those are the places where you will find Iranians playing hockey.
    The bulk of Iranian Hockey players are in 1. Sweden 2. Germany 3. Switzerland 4. UK 5. Finland 6. Turkey + Russia, Czech Republic. In North America there are many in USA and Canada primarily University teams. In Asia some in Malaysia. Iran there are some trained players but they are not affiliated with any Ice Hockey teams as there are none, they usually are from inline hockey teams and learned Ice Hockey, occassionally train mockup games with visiting Turkish teams. Some went to Turkey and played in their league or Uni League.

Comment

I played Junior A hockey man I need to get in shape and go. My skating is great, but I might a bit slow on the puck. Who is the coach? Prob Mayeli Kohan or something crazy like that

ps. Does Iran know about Mika Zibanejad who plays for the NHL's Ottawa Senators? I think he has played for Sweden but the IIHF has different eligibility rules than FIFA and players switch teams all the time.
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        I played Junior A hockey man I need to get in shape and go. My skating is great, but I might a bit slow on the puck. Who is the coach? Prob Mayeli Kohan or something crazy like that

ps. Does Iran know about Mika Zibanejad who plays for the NHL's Ottawa Senators? I think he has played for Sweden but the IIHF has different eligibility rules than FIFA and players switch teams all the time.
        Kaveh Sedghi is coach of Inline Hockey national team, he will be recruiting for Ice Hockey as well. They have on board Mustafa Asghari an Iranian who played in Turkey's University League in the past and also has coached female hockey university teams in Turkey. There is also a Turkish Ice Hockey coach by the name of Taylan Aytec who occassionally coaches Iranians inside Iran and conducts Ice Hockey workshops, out of guess he might be working with them as a coach as well. Nick Hedayatpour is an Ice Hockey player who plays in Malaysia, he has some coaching experience as well, he has been invited to join the national team as a player.

Yes they are well aware of Zibanejad and have invited him

Comment

Here is an article about arab tunisians doing the same than Iran with Ice Hockey : http://www.lemonde.fr/afrique/articl...2922_3212.html

Comment

Wow I love Ice Hockey. Hopefully it will develop and become popular in Iran. It's a super fast and intense sport and I am sure it will suit the Iranians' taste and liking. Hope to see us progress and succeed in it!

Comment

Working...
            X