2015 Women's World Cup Results, News and Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
    Say what you will guys, but I think the officiating in that game was worse than Ben Williams' masterpiece. She completely killed our momentum in the 2nd half with dozens of calls that made no sense at all. Even when we were getting fouled on, she was calling it England's way - not to mention a yellow card to us in one of those instances.

I think England played very dirty and was it not for a couple of individual errors from Canada (Sesselman & Chapman) and all the help they got from the screwed up Uruguayan referee, it was definitely Canada that deserved to be in the semis. I've taken a lot of football disappointment in the last year!
    I actually think the opposite. Every contact between the players seemed to result in a foul for Canada.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
      At the games.

https://instagram.com/p/4c7Iajv2QN/

Love u ����������
      What does a picture of Andy at an indoor soccer arena have to do with this thread?
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
        I actually think the opposite. Every contact between the players seemed to result in a foul for Canada.
        I guess I wasn't being objective then... understandably.

Comment

USA 2 Germany 0. The final will probably be a replay of the 2011 final although I would expect the US to win it this time.

Comment

another USA - Japan final in the world championships.

2011 World Cup : Japan 2-2 USA (3-1 on penalties)
            2012 Olympics : USA 2-1 Japan

Interesting to see non-European/S. American teams dominating women's football.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
              Poor Sesselmann was sobbing at the end of the game although it was kinda justified as it was her mistake that lead to the eventual loss.

Well England's own goal by Bassett was terrible as well, but poetic justice for the way they beat Canada.

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
              Say what you will guys, but I think the officiating in that game was worse than Ben Williams' masterpiece. She completely killed our momentum in the 2nd half with dozens of calls that made no sense at all. Even when we were getting fouled on, she was calling it England's way - not to mention a yellow card to us in one of those instances.

I think England played very dirty and was it not for a couple of individual errors from Canada (Sesselman & Chapman) and all the help they got from the screwed up Uruguayan referee, it was definitely Canada that deserved to be in the semis. I've taken a lot of football disappointment in the last year!
              Not only is the quality of football piss poor this year, so is the officiating. 2 non-penalties in the England Japan match is just atrocious! The refs are blind as a bat and are calling erroneous calls all over the place to make up for earlier poor calls.
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Go Japan, make Asia proud.

Comment

Interest in the FIFA Women’s World Cup continues to climb to unprecedented heights in terms of viewership in the United States.

Last night’s semi-finals match from Montreal that featured the U.S. Women’s National Team shutout Germany 2-0 saw an average audience of 8.4 million viewers on FOX, according to fast nationals issued today by Nielsen. It sets a new U.S. viewership record as the most-watched semi-finals match, ever. The 8.4 million viewers is a 47 percent increase over the most recent record set June 26 for the USA-China quarterfinal match that saw an average viewership audience of 5.7 million.

To place the viewership numbers in perspective, the match saw more viewers than the deciding Game 6 of the NHL Stanley Cup Final which drew 7.6 million viewers

The audience began at 1.6 million viewers at 6:41 PM ET and peaked at a tournament-high 12.1 million from 8:30-8:45 PM ET. The previous peak audience for the tournament was 8.1 million, reached during the USA-China quarterfinal. The peak for USA-Germany beat the prior peak by 49 percent (12.1 million vs. 8.1 million).

The match now ranks as the third most-watched women’s soccer match of all-time in the U.S., trailing only the USA-China 1999 Women’s World Cup Final (17,975,000) and the Japan-USA 2011 Women’s World Cup Final (13,458,000).

Advertisers on FOX had to be giddy with the results. The match provided FOX broadcast network its highest-rated program among Adults 18-49 (3.0) since the season finale of EMPIRE on 3/18/15.

In terms of streaming to computers and mobile devices, FOX saw record numbers, as well.

FOX Sports GO, the network’s streaming service for sports content recorded a record 166,000 unique streams for the match. That makes it the largest authenticated streaming audience in FOX Sports GO history, breaking the previous mark of 121,000 unique streams set by the USA vs. Colombia round of 16 match in this year’s FIFA Women’s World Cup.

http://zipzp.eu/a/news.php?u=http://dlvr.it/BNywBj
                  We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

Japon will win this.

Comment

I think the Americans are more prepared for Nippon this time around, and will definitely try and out muscle them for the win. Will be nice game to see. What time is the match?

Comment

^ starts 7pm EST, in 2 hrs and 40 mins.

Comment

US is physical but Japan's been technical this tourney

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                            US is physical but Japan's been technical this tourney
                            In the first 3 min Japan got a soccer lesson. To be honest I don't think Japan would be here had they faced Germany. Hopefully they can turn it around.

2-0 4 min in.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Comment

This is the biggest joke ever. The disparity in women's soccer is terrible. 4-0 not even 20 min in the game! Calamity of errors.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Comment

my college team plays better

Comment

Working...
                                X