Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING: Pep Guardiola being considered for Qatar Head Coach Position!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qatar can get Guardiola, Murinho, Sir Alex and whomever they want/combined together, but they will still suck as those players wearing Qatar jerseys will never be national team.

Comment

I doubt they will be good enough to beat Iran even if they get Guardiola.

Comment

not even pep could make a team out of qatar!

Comment

No coach can make this Micky mouse team legit, ever.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

This is a rumor. There are other rumors stating he will go to EPL. Really I would be surprised if he does, but you never know.

Maybe a moderator should lock this until there are actual sources to this.

Comment

tbh I can see this happening because pep is a massive arab arse licker. he played in qatar before he retired and he has also given them a lot of support for the WC campaign and has camps in qatar as well. He is treated like god there!

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
                No coach can make this Micky mouse team legit, ever.
                Exactly, it's not like CQ made Iran invincible, what makes people think Pep can do that to Qatar? (Although Pep is probably a better coach than CQ, but still no magician). Maybe Mourinho could make them really good, but that's like the only guy lol, and those tactics would probably not work that good against Iran, since CQ does the same thing

Comment

Actually pep guardiola can make them world cup champions. Its easy, by that time Qatar will have bought all of the super talents of the world. They will have all the zidane sons, zlatans sons, everyone mark my words haha

Comment

It will be interesting to see how a Arabic dressed Qatari-naturalised guardiola looks like?

Sorry but this won't happen, the reason for Guardiola success is not just in the tactics he implements but recruiting top quality world class players. How would Qatar draft in such players, naturalised or local?
                    sigpic
                    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                      Exactly, it's not like CQ made Iran invincible, what makes people think Pep can do that to Qatar? (Although Pep is probably a better coach than CQ, but still no magician). Maybe Mourinho could make them really good, but that's like the only guy lol, and those tactics would probably not work that good against Iran, since CQ does the same thing
                      i dont agree he is a better coach than CQ. he has a attacking flow philiosy, the teams he has have always been team are very strog, barcelona and bayern, while CQ took over real at a time the team had problems, thier defense was weak, he would have stayed more in real, only for the managments wants a attacking coach, and most of CQ good years he was in manu, where they won the champion league and the league on regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                        i dont agree he is a better coach than CQ. he has a attacking flow philiosy, the teams he has have always been team are very strog, barcelona and bayern, while CQ took over real at a time the team had problems, thier defense was weak, he would have stayed more in real, only for the managments wants a attacking coach, and most of CQ good years he was in manu, where they won the champion league and the league on regular basis.
                        Azize man, I love CQ, but lets be realistic here, he is indeed a great coach, I think in some aspects he might even be one of the best, but if he was overall as good as Pep, he wouldn't even think of coaching a country like Iran, not only from 2011-2014, but writing another contract to stay until 2018.. Sure he might have fallen in love with Iran, but not in 2011 when he just arrived, and have you heard any news of top teams being after him? And I'm not even a Pep fan, I'm not a big fan of the tiki taka style, as Mourinho and others proven, with the right tactic you can walk all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by amingp3 View Post
                          On another note, I think qualifying for world cup 2022 is going to be difficult since one of our spots is already given to Qatar. Just like 2002, the first 2 group winners will qualify directly to world cup, runner ups of each group will play together and the winner qualifies and the loser will probably play in play-offs.
                          Just because Qatar is host and takes the hosts spot in the WC, Asia's spots dont reduce for the WC. We will still have 4.5. So we will have 5 asian teams minimum and 6 if the .5 wins the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                            Just because Qatar is host and takes the hosts spot in the WC, Asia's spots dont reduce for the WC. We will still have 4.5. So we will have 5 asian teams minimum and 6 if the .5 wins the playoffs.
                            That's not correct. Look at the 2002 spots.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                              That's not correct. Look at the 2002 spots.
                              Why go so far back. Look at 2010 - Africa had 6 spots from their normal 5 as South Africa was host (in 2014 again they had 5 sports). In 2014 South America had 6 spots rather than their normal 5 (the usual 4.5 but normally they .5 does become 5) as Brazil was host.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                                Why go so far back. Look at 2010 - Africa had 6 spots from their normal 5 as South Africa was host (in 2014 again they had 5 sports). In 2014 South America had 6 spots rather than their normal 5 (the usual 4.5 but normally they .5 does become 5) as Brazil was host.
                                Yes but we are talking about Asia. Due to the low level of play FIFA won't blow a spot on an Asian host. They do the same when CONCACAF hosts the World Cup. Instead of giving an extra spot they give half (hence one extra spot in 2002 to compensate for the 2 Asian hosts, making it 4.5 spots up from 3.5 in 1998). In 1994 with US as host CONCACAF had 2.5 spots (0.5 up from 1990) and the same deal in 1986 when Mexico was host.
                                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X