No announcement yet.

2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's root for a massive Spain victory against France, then it will all be between Iran and France tomorrow!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
      So, if France have also lost all their games except against Egypt like us, our match will be 'win or go home', right?
      France also beat Serbia so (assuming spain beats france) its only win or go home if the tiebreaker is head to head rather than differential (we would have to beat france by like 100 points). You get 2 points for a win and 1 for a loss, right now we have 5 points and france has 5, they play Spain tonight and will get at least 1, so they will have 6 when they play us and we will have 5. If we win it will finish 7-7.
      EDIT: According to wikipedia the first tie breaker is head to head, so we are still in this

EDIT 2: If Serbia loses to spain tomorrow there will be a 3 way tie, in which case the tiebreaker will indeed be point differential. So we need to root for spain vs tonight vs France, then Serbia tomorrow vs Spain. And then Iran needs to beat the defending eurobasket champs. No sweat.

Comment

Just found this thread, let me repeat what I said on the international one; if anyone can enlighten me on the tiebreaker rules Id appreciate it
        Originally posted by Abtin View Post
        So, if France have also lost all their games except against Egypt like us, our match will be win or go home, right?
        France also beat Serbia so (assuming spain beats france) its only win or go home if the tiebreaker is head to head rather than differential (we would have to beat france by like 100 points). You get 2 points for a win and 1 for a loss, right now we have 5 points and france has 5, they play Spain tonight and will get at least 1, so they will have 6 when they play us and we will have 5. If we win it will finish 7-7.

I literally cannot find the tiebreaker rules anywhere. I even did a twitter search, they only thing was some guy Cliff claimed the tie breaker was point diff while making a joke about Finland getting blown out by the US (no source obviously), then a bunch of spanish guys posting a spanish article from a year ago saying 2 team tiebreaker is head to head, but that was for a FIBA youth tourney. But I cant find anything on the FIBA site, world cup site, or google. If we somehow win vs france and dont get through I would be so pissed off

Comment

Originally posted by Darvish11 View Post

I literally cannot find the tiebreaker rules anywhere. I even did a twitter search, they only thing was some guy Cliff claimed the tie breaker was point diff while making a joke about Finland getting blown out by the US (no source obviously), then a bunch of spanish guys posting a spanish article from a year ago saying 2 team tiebreaker is head to head, but that was for a FIBA youth tourney. But I cant find anything on the FIBA site, world cup site, or google. If we somehow win vs france and dont get through I would be so pissed off
          If Serbia lose against Spain (which is very likely), Serbia, France and Iran will have the same number of points (assuming Iran win against France). According to french site, if France lose by 8pts or more tomorrow they are out.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            If Serbia lose against Spain (which is very likely), Serbia, France and Iran will have the same number of points (assuming Iran win against France). According to french site, if France lose by 8pts or more tomorrow they are out.
            OK I just learned that the first tiebreaker is head to head but I did not take Serbia into account, yeah that would be a complete disaster because then it will go into point differential. So lets hope spain rests everyone or something vs serbia. Although I dont get what the french site is saying, if it goes into tiebreaker Iran would be the team eliminated; Serbia and France would be through

Comment

Comment

^^^Thanks, just found it on wikipedia too. But another issue brought to light by PSGman in the other thread:

If Serbia lose against Spain (which is very likely), Serbia, France and Iran will have the same number of points (assuming Iran win against France).
                Then the tiebreaker would be point differential unfortunately
                So we need to root for spain vs tonight vs France, then Serbia tomorrow vs Spain. And then Iran needs to beat the defending eurobasket champs. No sweat.

Comment

No way Serbia will beat Spain...so we are out!

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                    No way Serbia will beat Spain...so we are out!
                    Well Spain just beat france so they will at worst be tied with Brazil on points after tomorrow and they hold the tiebreaker. Hopefully they rest their main guys vs Serbia

Comment

So Spain annihilated France 88 - 64

Comment

I don't get it, if we beat France, do we have any chance of going through?
                        It's so sad we got put in the hardest group

Comment

if we beat france with good margine we should be advancing.
                          Last edited by webmaster; 09-03-2014, 04:48 PM.
                          __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

We have to beat France by 7 or more points.

Comment

lol always comes down to the wire for us. If HH can keep his turnovers down and our guys can lock down Batum and Diaw, it can be done.

Comment

If Serbia had just beaten France..

Comment

Working...
                                X