Why you love your team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why you love your team

I have a team to cheer in every major league....AC Milan, Barcelona, Manchester Utd.

If I dig down for the true reasons why I come to love these teams, I'd conclude: The pretty football they play + successes

Now I wonder how you guys come to love the teams you cheer for now, those are the reasons I can think of:

- Just like being associated with the most successful team (Real Madrid) for example....some of them does it to keep reminding the others with those facts each time they lose a match/competition...

- The team playing pretty football, nevermind the results.

- Team's heritage (colors, tradition, stadium,...etc).

- Certain players you like are in that team.

I fell in love with Ronaldinho at PSG and thought I would continue watching him at Barcelona. I was pretty young at this point and had really just begun watching football. After watching Barca play week in and week out I realized that they consistently played the most beautiful football i had ever seen. After admiring Barca for its players and its style of football. I started doing more research on the club itself and what it represented.

I found out Barcelona probably has the world's best youth program, which in my mind seperated them from many other big clubs since they produce the talent as much as just buy the talent (currently Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Pique...). I loved the fact that Barcelona is run by its fans, aka socios, making the club democratic. Then of course there is the history of Mes Que un Club, which means More Than a Club. That saying is rooted from the Spanish Civil War and how FCB was means for people to uprise and revolt against Franco's (Real Madrid fan) facist regime.

Barcelona fans are quite unique. They are different from most fans people would consider great or loyal. Maybe some of you have noticed that Barca games aren't nearly as loud as you would expect from a 98,000 seat stadium, there are 25,000 capacity stadiums in England that produce much more noise. Barca fans at least claim to have high footballing IQ and are true observers and admirers of the game. The applaud beautiful play, goals, and will maybe chant the occasional BARCA, BARCA, BARCAA!!! Other than that, all the noise is coming from the Boixos, the barca hooligans.

Barcelona hasn't been the most successful team in Spain, but this has little value in my mind. During the Franco years Madrid was dominant since Franco would pay off ref's and buy games out to show Madrid's supperiority against the movement. This is part of Madrid's extreme success in Spanish football. In my mind as long as Barcelona is playing beautiful football then I remain content. Of course this season is going to be a reminder of what winning feels like, and it feels pretty good.

Basically, Barca is everything I could ever ask in a football club. I could never support a team like Chelsea where they are being controlled by some lunatic billionaire that is looking to buy his Championships, no offense to Chelsea fans. In my mind, Barca conducts football business and ethics fairly, and as a whole the club is very respectable. VISCA EL BARCA!
    VISCA EL BARCA

Comment

my team is LIVERPOOL FC
      I love them because:

---> FANS: they support their club and sing YNWA no matter what the score is (eg. 1-3 loss against Chelsea, or 3-6 loss against Arsenal) and won't switch clubs if there is a trophy drought for a while
      1) They play with a lot of heart and passion
      2) that never-die attitude
      3) players respect fans alot
      4) that YNWA song tells everything
      5) has been a very successful club, struggledfor over a decade, strating to pick up again, and will be dominating for years to come
      5) my team's symble and heart, STEVEN GERRARD
      6) players give a **** about the club (eg. Reina's celebrations after all 'pool goals no matter how important they are, excluding Itandje)
      7)from 1996, when I started watching football @ age of 5, I disliked United, and Liverpool are Utd's biggest rivals, so that could be a reason

8) lately, Liverpool are playing amazingly, and showing glimpses of their Spanish style

YNWA
      Liverpool til I die
      but still, Respect other clubs as long as they don't disrespect you or your club

Comment

Real Madrid = facist

AC milan

- The club generally have a great history the fans are not bad. Colors

- The city its the most intressting in hole Italy history and modern

- They play good offensive entertainment football

- I always liked Inzaghi, but i also love the rest of them

-They also play good in the Champions league [ but not in this season ]

i hate : Inter
        A free and reborn Iran without organized religion and rooted in its true herritage and values

Comment

I feel in love with Manchester United because of one man: Eric Cantona But it took me some time to actually start watching football seriously which was in 2002/03.

and my 4-5 years studying in Manchester recently makes me qualified to be a real United fan. I love the city of Manchester as well.
          sigpic

Comment

bayern...

because i followed them regularly thanx to the 3 iranian players who played there....
            Originally posted by siavasharian
            ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
            بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Olympiacos

-great fanbase and the fact that i can still support them to death after:

7-0 loss to juventus, 3-1 home loss to rosenborg, 3-1 home loss to st.etienne, 3-0 loss to maccabi haifa...and the list goes on
              Go Cows!

Comment

watched fifa 98 world cup and i liked raul, suker, and roberto carlos. i then played the video game fifa 98 and was introduced to international football and found out these players play on real madrid. since then i am a madrid fan. then ronaldo joined and since he was my fave player along with raul i was so excited. i like the club for its rich history, competitiveness, team spirit, never-say-die-attitude, beautiful attacking style, the jersey colour, the stadium, and its in the league of my fave national team obviously after iran (tied with brazil). what i dont like is the management of the club.

Comment

I Love PSV man.
                  I came to Holland when a was a young boy, watching dutch football I fell in love with PSV. Their jerseys, but especially there fantastic players like Ronaldo, v Nisterrooy, Nilis etc.
                  Ronaldooooooooooo, and before him, Ramariooooooooooooo
                  Damn what a team.

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
                    bayern...
                    because i followed them regularly thanx to the 3 iranian players who played there....
                    I don't think they have Iranian players now....Do you still feel attached to Bayern ?

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
                      I feel in love with Manchester United because of one man: Eric Cantona But it took me some time to actually start watching football seriously which was in 2002/03.

and my 4-5 years studying in Manchester recently makes me qualified to be a real United fan. I love the city of Manchester as well.
                      since Cantona was the main reason for you to cheer Man Utd....How did you felt when he left the game ? Did that impacted your committment to the club.

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                        my team is LIVERPOOL FC
                        I love them because:
                        ---> FANS: they support their club and sing YNWA no matter what the score is (eg. 1-3 loss against Chelsea, or 3-6 loss against Arsenal) and won't switch clubs if there is a trophy drought for a while
                        1) They play with a lot of heart and passion
                        2) that never-die attitude
                        3) players respect fans alot
                        4) that YNWA song tells everything
                        5) has been a very successful club, struggledfor over a decade, strating to pick up again, and will be dominating for years to come
                        5) my team's symble and heart, STEVEN GERRARD
                        6) players give a **** about the club (eg. Reina's celebrations after all 'pool goals no matter how important they are, excluding Itandje)
                        7)from 1996, when I started watching football @ age of 5, I disliked United, and Liverpool are Utd's biggest rivals, so that could be a reason
                        8) lately, Liverpool are playing amazingly, and showing glimpses of their Spanish style
                        YNWA
                        Liverpool til I die
                        but still, Respect other clubs as long as they don't disrespect you or your club
                        same reasons for me too fellow red

but our only problem is behind the scenes (ownership etc.) thats wat pisses me off

Comment

Originally posted by El Matador View Post
                          I don't think they have Iranian players now....Do you still feel attached to Bayern ?
                          yea kinda, i guess it grew on me...
                          Originally posted by siavasharian
                          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Why you love your team

I'll tell my story...

I started watching football in 1987-1988 when I was 10yrs. I fell in love in the AC Milan great team at the time because of the type of football played coupled with numerous successes in Europe. I have great memories of the team since that time....AC Milan is my first priority team in Europe.

Then comes Barca......
                            I started following La Liga in 1992, a bit later in time than my Serie A follow-up, at that time coverage in the Arab world for La Liga was not as advance as it is now. I loved Barca's flair and football style, and their committment to it despite not successful enough in Europe.....As a first impression, the Nou Camp had his effect in my attachement to Barca....Again, there are memories of the 1st Chmapions League title against Sampdoria, and the 5-0 destruction of Real Madrid in 1994 with the invincible Romario

Then comes Man Utd......
                            I started following the EPL very early because of its popularity, at the times of Liverpool domination, I remember I held much admiration for Liverpool's committment, tradition, and the fighting spirit...but it wasn't until the 1990s that I started to feel more attached toward Man Utd.....again for the same reason that I loved Barca for....the attacking style of play.

I loved the offensive type of the game....and I loved the teams that are loyal to it...

Comment

Originally posted by Arian View Post
                              same reasons for me too fellow red

but our only problem is behind the scenes (ownership etc.) thats wat pisses me off
                              Salam,

You don't need to be over-concerned with that....management of the team is still stable despite that, at least Liverpool don't suffer from the clash of powers between top management and team management like the case in Real Madrid.

Comment

Working...
                              X