Iran Tennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran Tennis

Iran finished first of David cup group III (Asia - Oceania), winning all their games against KSA, Vietnam, Pacific Islands, SriLanka, and qualified for the World Group II !

Some months ago, a journalist on Varzesh tv said we are getting good results in u13/u14 in Asia (competing with Kazakhstan)

Comment

Davis cup World group II draw :

Iran will host Estonia in play off

Comment

When do they play ?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          Davis cup World group II draw :

Iran will host Estonia in play off
          How? I thought we were still in Asia Zone III

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

How? I thought we were still in Asia Zone III
            See the first post of the thread.

Originally posted by dcfcfan1 View Post
            When do they play ?
            ITF held the draw for World Group I and II Play-offs after which 48 nations will compete in 24 ties around the world on either February 2-3 or 3-4 next year.

Winning nations from the World Group I Play-Offs will then take on 12 losing teams from the 2024 Qualifiers later in the World Group I ties in September. The draw for the Qualifiers, also to be played in February, will be held at the Davis Cup Final 8 Stage in November this year in Malaga.

Losing nations from World Group I Play-Offs will be up against winners of World Group II Play-Offs in World Group II ties in September while defeated nations from World Group II Play-Offs will have to compete in Regional Group III ties.
            ​​

Comment

Seems we improved a bit?
              Are there some good youngsters or was this just an exception?

Comment

Seems we improved a bit?
                Are there some good youngsters or was this just an exception?
                It seems thanks to Nadal, Federer and Djokovic, and Iran tv showing tennis much more (even still he can be much more), the sport gains more popularity.
                We have some good youngs. Even if I don't think they will reach top100/200 in the career, but at least they may help Iran to progress among Asian countries.

It seems we have good u14 players (heard it once on tv) but don't know much about them (hard to track).

Comment

Iran qualified for group 2 Asia/oceania of Billie Jean King cup (women version of the davis cup)

Comment

Just read that ITF are running tournaments back in Iran, in Kish Island and Tehran. This will give young players experience in playing against higher ranked players (albeit at a low level).

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                      Just read that ITF are running tournaments back in Iran, in Kish Island and Tehran. This will give young players experience in playing against higher ranked players (albeit at a low level).
                      Yes I saw several international toirnaments in Tehran the past year, in kish aswell.

The road is long but small steps are taken. We need the sports to be developped so some generationnal talent like djokovic to be found

Comment

Happy to see Varzesh TV show some tennis games from masters this past week. Should have been done earlier and much more in the Golden era of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic to milk and increase the sport popularity.

The commentator is nice to hear in general, and announced several tournaments in Kish and Tehran for u18, 14, u12 categories

Comment

Estonia said they don’t want to play in Iran for Davis Cup in February. The ITF said they must.

Comment

Estonia said they don’t want to play in Iran for Davis Cup in February. The ITF said they must.
                            First Albania (won't allow our wrestlers) and now Estonia? What is up with these no-name Euro countries who think their sh*t don't stink?

Iran has more history and culture in a single city than your entire country combined fool!

Comment

Will Estonian players have to play with Hejab?
                              What is the case for international women tournament in Iran featuring Russian, Turkish... Players?

Comment

Working...
                              X