No announcement yet.

Barcelona vs Man Utd (CL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/\ very true what you said, I was expecting Rikard to sub Henry in at from the start of 2nd half but he didn't. Henry did indeed have a good impact when he came on.
    but against Man U, you have to take those chances, we should have scored 2-3 goals today but wasn't to be. that Eto'o chance which hit the side net made me scream at 5AM in the morning, our neighbour called the police and complained about the noise.(lol)
    anyway I know we can win at Old trafoold and we will, just watch how Man U will get dominated at home again.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Barca played well and United defended well..possession means nothing without penetration. Now come Old Trafford and im pretty confident we'll beat Barca and progress to the finals

Comment

Barca will advance to the finals!!! Just wait and see...

1-1 at Old Trafford and we are through
        FC BARCELONA & ESTEGHLAL

Comment

barcelonas main aim now in old trafford should be to just score. and ofcourse, not to concede more than 1 goal!

man utd on otherhand should make sure they dont concede any goals no matter wat!
          Originally posted by siavasharian
          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Barcelona couldnt do zip!

man u players were playing out of position also so i think ferguson just gained some experience and will probably find a way to handle them in the second leg.

I personally think its Man U for the killing in old trafford.

Comment

am I the only one who thinks that barca played like crap?

I havent seen their previous games, but this game seriously made me wonder how they made it that far.

it was not about the players skills and their fitness. their game plan was horrible. we are approaching the end of the season and you can at least expect basic forms of team-work

even my grandmother would have said (if she watched the matched): "use the god damn wings for gods sake!!!! you god damn loosers"

Comment

Originally posted by ird28 View Post

I havent seen their previous games, but this game seriously made me wonder how they made it that far.

it was not about the players skills and their fitness. their game plan was horrible. we are approaching the end of the season and you can at least expect basic forms of team-work

even my grandmother would have said (if she watched the matched): "use the god damn wings for gods sake!!!! you god damn loosers"
                Thats a complete coaching issue which is causing a lot of hype in Barcelona right now. Fans are furious with the lack of tactics and lack or recognizing that the style we played two years ago will not work as well with the set of available players we have now. People actually broke into Rikaard's house a couple days ago they were so mad.

The year Barca won the champions league we were playing a three front with Ronaldinho, Eto'o, and MEssi. This combination works for a three front because you have enough creativity on the wings with Ronaldinho and Messi to take players on with skill and pace. Since we've been without Ronaldinho, our options to fill that space have been Bojan, Henry, and Iniesta. Bojan is only 17, and asking him to fufill that kind of creative energy is unfair. Henry is a central forward that often drifts to the left, that is way different then a player that plays the left. and Iniesta is an attacking midfielder, not a forward. We no longer have the dynamic of playing a three front and this season show's it with our inability to score goals. Instead in my opinion, playing 4 in the midfield with 2 up top is far better option for Barca right now.
                VISCA EL BARCA

Comment

like those commentators in the previous video said... C.Ronaldo has no class, no matter how many goals he scores, last night he only showed disgrace to the game by diving and creating conflict between his team.

Messi, after coming back from a hamstring problem played even better, didn't give balls away and played better than C.Ronaldo even after being injured.

Everyone is saying watch United dominate at home, okay maybe they will, maybe they won't. But the point is if Barcelona can play better than the low par performance they did last night Man Utd fans can expect their team to be embarrassed at home.
                  The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
                  For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
                  http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
                  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
                  http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

Originally posted by PersianMadrid7 View Post
                    like those commentators in the previous video said... C.Ronaldo has no class, no matter how many goals he scores, last night he only showed disgrace to the game by diving and creating conflict between his team.

Messi, after coming back from a hamstring problem played even better, didn't give balls away and played better than C.Ronaldo even after being injured.

Everyone is saying watch United dominate at home, okay maybe they will, maybe they won't. But the point is if Barcelona can play better than the low par performance they did last night Man Utd fans can expect their team to be embarrassed at home.
                    I truly agree with you

Comment

Someone tell me Why doesn't Barca use Giovanni? The guy is immense, but hardly gets used?

Comment

Originally posted by ird28 View Post

They only dominated possesion 65% to 35%.

Comment

Originally posted by SF1 View Post
                          Someone tell me Why doesn't Barca use Giovanni? The guy is immense, but hardly gets used?
                          he gets used alot, but he's not a solid big game type of player. with experience he will be starting every game, but he isn't a player you can jeopardize in a postiion where you need more possession than individual plays, especially against United.

+ I think he wasn't fit? But I agree a little, he should have been put in with Henry earlier in the game.
                          The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
                          For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
                          http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
                          http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
                          http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

BARCELONA boss Frank Rijkaard has given up on La Liga in a desperate bid to dump Manchester United out of Europe.

The Catalan giants have left almost their ENTIRE first team at home as they travelled to La Coruna for tomorrow’s game against Deportivo.

Barcelona could end up having to play a Champions League qualifier in the summer but Rijkaard couldn’t care less – all that matters is beating United.

The Dutchman has left stars Samuel Eto’o, Lionel Messi, Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Gabi Milito at home.

Bizarrely, with tongue firmly in cheek, Rijkaard claimed his decision to play a second-string side at Deportivo had nothing to do with the Champions League semi-final against United.

Instead, he insisted that his players needed a rest.

Rijkaard added: “It’s not true. It’s nothing to do with our position in the table.

"Before thinking about the result, I always think about the health of my players.

“When Eto’o need a moment of rest or Xavi tells me he’s tired you have to evaluate what might happen because they are players who’ve played a lot of games this season.

“People think Messi can play 90 minutes but unfortunately it’s not true. We must take care of him and protect him.

"It’s not that I leave him out but the player needs it to avoid bigger problems.”

Barca’s title hopes are almost dead as they lie 11 points behind leaders Real Madrid, who could be crowned champions on Sunday if they win and their closest rivals fail to get three points.

From the galaxy of stars in Barca’s squad, only Deco and Thierry Henry will be available to Rijkaard at the Riazor.

Barca have to win to keep their hopes of clinching second spot in La Liga alive.

Villarreal are a point ahead in second place and could increase the gap tomorrow night with just four left to play.

Yet, Rijkaard’s eyes and those of millions of Catalans are fixed on United.

He added: “We played well against United.

"Although 0-0 is not the best result we’re now confident of finishing the job over there.”
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------

and here's United playing Chelsea for the title decider today
                            sigpic

Comment

I hope we get mourinho next season

Comment

everyone wants Mourinho lol

Comment

Working...
                                X