Dutch Eredivisie v.s. Turkish Superlig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch Eredivisie v.s. Turkish Superlig

In recent years the competition from 2nd tier European leagues (portugal, turkey, holland, russia, romania, scotland, greece) has tightened and there are many quality sides looking to climb atop the ladder to get more UEFA CL and Cup places. Here are two leagues that are very even yet one must be the superior league.

The Big Three: Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord - Fener, Gala, Besiktas

While the turkish teams are getting better, the dutch teams are performing poor in european competition and are not competing with other sides (lets face it, ajax is so garbage now that lech poznan would beat them)..the dutch league top scorers score 30plus goals a year yet cannot emulate their success elsewhere..in many cases...while solid management and funding has led to the rise of many turkish teams...

while the middle may be equal..with teams like hereenveen and trabanoszpor being solid sides aswell.. i personally believe the SuperLig is better than the Eredevisie..
    Go Cows!

A Greek supporting the Turks. Are pigs flying somewhere?

JK.
    I don't know if it is Turkish football that has improved dramatically or rather Dutch football that has fallen so badly. If you look at their teams now they don't really have anybody like the Bergkamps, Overmars, Van Bastens... that we used to see. Those guys were the last of the great Dutch players. There was a big article about this and Cryuff was saying that once the youth system and traning changed in the late 80's/early 90s Dutch football has never been the same.

Comment

id call it spectacular mis-management...ajax has a solid youth squad but they really took a toll on their players development by playing their youngsters constantly at an age where they should be nurtured...

feyenoord had their fame in 01/02 but they were heavily dependant on players that were yearning for a move..like tommasson and PVH, but hell i do miss seeing shinji ono play..

PSV have had some good runs in the CL..but their flow and play style is very stubborn and the club doesnt seem like they embrace new players..just depending on the old ones (e.g. players like farfan, bouma, etc)
      Go Cows!

Comment

PSV is a great squad, Farfan is an incredible talent. The problem with the Eredivisie is that they develop talents at a such an early age, by the time they are 22 or 23, they are playing in the top leagues like the PremierLeague, Bundesliga,and La Liga. Same goes for the Superlig, teams from turkey have produced Emre at newcastle, tuncay at boro, nihat at valencia, Tugay at blackburn, and Hakan Sukur who has played at Inter, Parma, and Blackburn. All of talent coming out these leagues.

Comment

Eredivise has shite defenders.
          sigpic

Comment

I think that holland is still better than turkey, and they will be in the next few years at least.

the youth development is still working in all of the dutch teams. it's always a question of luck too. in the next CL season things might look totally different, when a dutch team has a great young team together (before the players are all bought from the team the next year)
            just like ajax had a team with van der vaart, van der meyde, snijder, pienaar, chivu, ibrahimovic etc plus players like jari litmanen, and they will only beaten by milan luckily. the next season all those players were playing for another teams.

the turkish league seems to be the complete opposite. they couldnt produce a great talent for a few years.
            fenerbahces success this year seems so artificial to me

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              A Greek supporting the Turks. Are pigs flying somewhere?
              JK.
              I don't know if it is Turkish football that has improved dramatically or rather Dutch football that has fallen so badly. If you look at their teams now they don't really have anybody like the Bergkamps, Overmars, Van Bastens... that we used to see. Those guys were the last of the great Dutch players. There was a big article about this and Cryuff was saying that once the youth system and traning changed in the late 80's/early 90s Dutch football has never been the same.
              Don't forget Gullit, Rikjaard, Koeman... but still i disagree with you Holland are producing great players, Van Nistelroy, Van persie, Van der sir, Sneijder,Seedorf, Van der vaart and now Klaas jan Huntellar. The main problem with Erevesdie league is that all the good dutch players are going to play in other leagues and the level of Erevesdie decrease just like Ligue1, in other way Turkish Superlig is really improving over the years, its know among the 10th best league in the world, on my opinion its number 7, if only IPL could improved like the Superlig it will awesome.

Comment

1-La Liga
                2-EPL
                3-Serie A
                4-Bundesliga
                5-Ligue 1
                6-Portugeuse
                7-Super Lig
                8-Eredivisie
                9-SPL
                10-A'Ethniki-Russian league-Romanian league

Fair?
                Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
                  1-La Liga
                  2-EPL
                  3-Serie A
                  4-Bundesliga
                  5-Ligue 1
                  6-Portugeuse
                  7-Super Lig
                  8-Eredivisie
                  9-SPL
                  10-A'Ethniki-Russian league-Romanian league
                  Fair?
                  I think the portuguese league isnt as good as the Turk superlig, but what about the greek league? I'd put it ahead of the SPL.

Comment

Working...
                  X