Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anelka blames Chelsea player for failing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anelka blames Chelsea player for failing?

Nicolas Anelka also believes the Blues must win the Champions League to save Grant, but the striker says it is the players who should be blamed for the club's failings.

"We know there will be people after the manager, but as a player you know when you haven't played well and we haven't done recently," he said.

"The criticism should be aimed at the players. We have spoken about the Champions League and we will try to do our best to win it. We have big players who have the quality to do it."

Chelsea boss Avram Grant admits he will have to win the Premier League or Champions League if he wants to avoid the axe in the summer.

Chelsea lie third in the Premier League, eight points behind leaders Arsenal but with two games in hand after the Gunners' draw against Wigan.

However, they still have to face both Arsenal and Manchester United, and have failed to beat any of the other three 'big four' teams under Grant.

And after Saturday's shock FA Cup defeat at Barnsley, the Champions League looks Chelsea's only realistic hope of silverware.

When asked if an empty trophy cabinet would result in his sacking, Grant said:

"I will accept it. When I am responsible for the team, and when my team loses at Barnsley, there will be many negative things said about it.

"On the other hand, we have two major competitions left. I am concentrating on them, not other things. But this is a massive disappointment."

Grant's assistant Henk ten Cate added: "One bad run of results and you're out. You just can't afford to lose here. I came to Chelsea because I was looking for peace. I wanted to work at the top level and at the same time I was looking for peace."

Nicolas Anelka also believes the Blues must win the Champions League to save Grant, but the striker says it is the players who should be blamed for the club's failings.

"We know there will be people after the manager, but as a player you know when you haven't played well and we haven't done recently," he said.
    "The criticism should be aimed at the players.

"We have spoken about the Champions League and we will try to do our best to win it.

"We have big players who have the quality to do it."
    anelka acts like he has been in chelsea forever and is a legend at stamford bridge... lol

Comment

which ever coach cannot win a trophy with chelsea's squad should not coach at all!

Comment

Working...
      X