Thailand 6-1 Macau

Vietnam 0-1 UAE

Oman 2-0 Nepal

Lebanon 4-1 India

Palestine 0-4 Singapore

Syria 3-0 Afghanistan

Yemen 3-0 Maldives
    sigpic

iran will have big problems toqualify this time !

Comment

Originally posted by Crooked I View Post
      Well there shouldnt be. All 5 Asian teams that qualified for the World Cup last year, including Australia, have been given byes to the 3rd Round of the qualifiers because of their performances in the 2006 qualifiers as well as the WC finals.

Its the rest, including Asian Champions Iraq, that have to go through from Round 1 because of their 'poor' qualification performance according to AFC for last WC and have to play at least 2 extra games before reaching the 3rd round. Since they are among the 'higher' ranked teams in Round 1 and they beat Pakistan on the 22 and 28 Oct legs, then they will skip Round 2 and go straight for Round 3.

AFC sure seem to complicate matters dont they and favour the bigger teams
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FI...tion_%28AFC%29
      sigpic

Comment

UAE won. I'm surprised, I thought Vietnam would win.

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post
          UAE won. I'm surprised, I thought Vietnam would win.
          I guess Vietnam's giant-killing days of the Asian Cup a few months were nothing more than a flash in the pan moment
          sigpic

Comment

How many Brazilians did Singapore field? I believe I read 4. I personally find this naturalization-for-football practice deplorable.

Crooked I, I don't see Iran having many problems qualifying, unless they change confederations or are in a particularly lop-sided group in the final stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh View Post
              How many Brazilians did Singapore field? I believe I read 4. I personally find this naturalization-for-football practice deplorable.
              Everyone's doing it in Asia, especially the smaller Arab shiekhdoms who want to have their teams get more flash in the pan moments in a region dominated by Iran and Saudi Arabia with a rapidly emerging Iraq.

Pakistan on the other hand is finding players in English and European lower leagues with Pakistani-heritage talent that can get Pakistani passports quickly without compromising their citizenship like Norway would do if our boys decide to get passports, and be selected for the national team. We already have 6 such guys lined up against Iraq with many more to follow as time goes by
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
                Everyone's doing it in Asia, especially the smaller Arab shiekhdoms who want to have their teams get more flash in the pan moments in a region dominated by Iran and Saudi Arabia with a rapidly emerging Iraq.
                Pakistan on the other hand is finding players in English and European lower leagues with Pakistani-heritage talent that can get Pakistani passports quickly without compromising their citizenship like Norway would do if our boys decide to get passports, and be selected for the national team. We already have 6 such guys lined up against Iraq with many more to follow as time goes by
                Is it really that common? I know about some of the aforementioned oil depots like Qatar, who have guys from South America and Africa including a couple of Egyptians, but who else in Asia is doing this? I think Singapore and Qatar have everyone beat. Basically if you have the money and you suck otherwise, this back-door way around the law is the first option.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh View Post
                  Is it really that common? I know about some of the aforementioned oil depots like Qatar, who have guys from South America and Africa including a couple of Egyptians, but who else in Asia is doing this? I think Singapore and Qatar have everyone beat. Basically if you have the money and you suck otherwise, this back-door way around the law is the first option.
                  The Singaporean S.League has a team called Sporting Afrique that basically is comprised of all African players taking part and qualifying for Singaporean citizenship after playing 2-3 years in Singapore.

Bahrain has an African player in their national side named Jessie Jon (or someone like that name). UAE and Oman have a few African players lined up too but Qatar seem to be leading the pack, although they have failed to do much with theirs'...well except winning last year's Asian Games football.
                  sigpic

Comment

iran will have problems qualifiying becoz they dont have a coach-and when they get one it will be a crappy one.

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
                    Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

no coach, no friendlies yet, i have a feeling IFF will be folded and we will no longer have a Football Federation... i don't want to be negative that's what it just seems like going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Crooked I View Post
                        with iraq,qatar and australia all aiming for an automatic spot, it certainly is

Comment

Guys, guys chill out.
                          To get to the world cup all we have to do is win at home (even if we lose all our away games {will never happen too}).
                          Check this:
                          In the 3rd round our group will have 4 teams (2 of them go to the next round) so if we win our 3 home games we will 100% be in the top 2 (i'm sure there will be 1 or 2 teams on Qatar, China, UAE, Iraq, Kuwait & Omans level & a weaker one like Jordan for example..
                          If we cant win our home games and manage atleas one point away against teams like that then we are just crap.

Then comes the big group (2 groups of 5 teams) & we will have the same type of teams that we had in the 1998 one + one of the 2 groups will have Australia in it.
                          the 10 teams will be the top 5 (Australia, Japan, Korea, Saudi, Iran) + i would think (China, Oman, Iraq, Uzbekistan and one of these 3 {Qatar, UAE & Kuwait}).
                          So there will be 3 strong teams in each group lets say (Iran, Astralia, Saudi) & the other (Korea, Japan, China) + two normal teams.
                          Again win our 4 home games (12 points) and get just 1 (yes one) away and we will be in South Africa.

So all we need in total of 14 games is 7 home wins & 2 draws away and we are in.

Keep this post till September 9th 2009 and give me a big rep then.
                          ...............................................sigpic..........................................00000000 0000000000000000000000000..HOWAY THE LADS

Comment

Wow what happened to India, a few years ago they invested a lot of money in their domestic league to improve their national team yet they're still crap, they were a strong team in Asia back in the 50's and 60's.

Comment

Originally posted by roy View Post
                              Guys, guys chill out.
                              To get to the world cup all we have to do is win at home (even if we lose all our away games {will never happen too}).
                              Check this:
                              In the 3rd round our group will have 4 teams (2 of them go to the next round) so if we win our 3 home games we will 100% be in the top 2 (i'm sure there will be 1 or 2 teams on Qatar, China, UAE, Iraq, Kuwait & Omans level & a weaker one like Jordan for example..
                              If we cant win our home games and manage atleas one point away against teams like that then we are just crap.

Then comes the big group (2 groups of 5 teams) & we will have the same type of teams that we had in the 1998 one + one of the 2 groups will have Australia in it.
                              the 10 teams will be the top 5 (Australia, Japan, Korea, Saudi, Iran) + i would think (China, Oman, Iraq, Uzbekistan and one of these 3 {Qatar, UAE & Kuwait}).
                              So there will be 3 strong teams in each group lets say (Iran, Astralia, Saudi) & the other (Korea, Japan, China) + two normal teams.
                              Again win our 4 home games (12 points) and get just 1 (yes one) away and we will be in South Africa.

So all we need in total of 14 games is 7 home wins & 2 draws away and we are in.

Keep this post till September 9th 2009 and give me a big rep then.
                              We will win at home if azadi gets full the scream of the crazy 100 000 iranians will scare of anyone

Comment

Working...
                              X