R.Madrid desperate to keep Beckham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.Madrid desperate to keep Beckham

Now Real are regretting Becks' departure.

Like him or not, Becks has been a vital cog in Real sudden revival the 2nd half of the season - soon after Capello benched him for good on his move to Galaxy, Real's title challenge was in complete disarray and he had to recall him on the pitch where he has enjoyed the form of his life and has some vital assists to his name that have suddenly helped Real come within 90 minutes of a league medal in 4 years. Every game you see, Beckham has been involved in the build-up to a goal.

Despite all his metrosexual image and marketing pull over the years, no one should deny David Beckham's work ethic and determination - I should know, that was the reason he became United's no.7 soon after King Cantona's departure before a clash of egos and a none bigger than the club adage made him leave.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...rs+Becks+blame
    Fabio Capello admits he is to blame for David Beckham's departure from Real Madrid.

Beckham fell out of favour under Capello and soon after he agreed his move to Los Angeles Galaxy.

Following the announcement of his move to America, Capello said Beckham would not play for him again - but he soon back-tracked and the former England captain was handed a recall by the Italian.

Beckham has since played a huge role in Madrid's resurgence which sees them on the brink of their first title since he moved to El Santiago Bernabeu.

"As regards the Beckham issue, everyone made a mistake, yes. On the sporting side we took the decision and I am the person in charge of that," Capello told AS.

"It's a shame."

Capello feels Beckham's absence from the England side played a role in his decision to quit Real.

"He's another player who has recovered to a top physical and mental condition because he was so unhappy at not being in his national side. For every player your national team is important, but for English players even more so," he said.

"Beckham is a lesson for everyone, because he responded so very well.

"He is a great player. Now he is playing like did for Manchester [United]."

Real president Ramon Calderon stoked up the Beckham saga on Sunday by declaring he will try to keep the Englishman in Madrid, and Capello admits he would be happy to have him remain.

"He would be a very important player for Madrid, if the club says to me that Beckham remains, I would be happy."
    http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...+Beckham+offer
    A whole new David Beckham saga looks set to ensue after Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon revealed he will try to keep the Los Angeles Galaxy-bound star.

Beckham signed a deal with MLS outfit Galaxy earlier this year after falling out of favour with Real and England.

However, Real boss Fabio Capello recalled him after a slump and Beckham has returned to the side in wonderful style and looks set to inspire them to their first Primera Liga crown in four years.

Beckham has also been recalled by England and he is again being talked of as one of the most influential players in Europe - hence why many feel he is just too good to make the move to America whilst he is aged just 32.

When Beckham agreed his move to LA, he rejected moves to Italy and England - but now a fresh battle to secure his signature could emerge after Calderon revealed the player has a clause in his contract which could see him stay in Madrid.

"We are disposed to make an effort to convince Beckham to continue with the club," Calderon told Marca.

"If the player changes his decision, a clause exists that would allow him to stay.

"We want to fight for him, David has demonstrated that he is a superstar with pride in the white shirt.

"We need to sit down with him (Beckham), his representatives and with (Real Madrid sporting director Predrag) Mijatovic, look at this clause, and decide between us, but for me I would be delighted if he remained at the club.

"There was a bit of anger by the premature announcement of his exit, but we are now going to make an effort for him to stay."

Beckham is due to link-up with Galaxy next month - so any deal to keep him in Europe would have to be finalised quickly.
    Personally speaking, despite my preference of FC Barcelona, I want Real Madrid to win the title so that at least Beckham has a medal to feel proud of and not feeling regret for joining a club whose upper management has been shit and a bunch of c*nts since they made Del Bosque leave - that as well as many fans making Beckham the apparent scapegoat of Real's failure in not winning a trophy since 2002/03. Blame it on the club directors and their arsed thinking, not squarely the players.

For this very player is one vital reason why Real are this close to winning the La Liga.
    sigpic

Calderon is an idiot, I seriously wanna slap this guy.

first off he says that he wouldn't mind paying clubs for matches now he says he wants to keep Beckham? It's obvious he has nothing to do with our success this season, in fact Capello is the major factor, and even he doesn't like Beckham.

we might suffer a bit next season if Beckham leaves, but if we regroup and create a stronger winger system we don't have to worry about it.

Plus next week is a bigger topic to think about.
    The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
    For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
    http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
    http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

i dont like beckham but gotta admit he has been playing well.

Comment

i hate RM, but I like becham as a player actually, hope he stays, he is too good for mls

Comment

Originally posted by Kaebi
          i hate RM, but I like becham as a player actually, hope he stays, he is too good for mls
          Kaebi jan..
          You Jyxner ..
          Keep that nice mouth of urs closed

jkjk

Comment

i think this is just a public realation stunt by caldron..! to make fans happy..!
            neither him, and probably not even cappelo want beckam back..! they know that mls would never agree to such deal..! and just trying to make up for dogging the guy a few month ago and act like they are trying hard for the clubs future...

imo.. neither beckham nor cappelo will be with the team at the end of this season....regardless of results.

Comment

Working...
            X