Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something sad but rare that doesnt happen often..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something sad but rare that doesnt happen often..

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slu...ters&type=lgns

Tenerife player's father dies during match

MADRID, Dec 2 (Reuters) - A player with second division Tenerife was substituted on Saturday after his coach heard the defender's father had died of a heart attack in the stands.

Manuel Castineiras's father collapsed during the league match at Ponferradina and medical services at the ground were unable to revive him, reported sports daily Marca's Web site (www.marca.com).

"I can't talk much about the game," said Tenerife coach Bernd Krauss after his side's 1-0 defeat.

"My thoughts are with Manuel and his family. It's a blow for all of us."

Krauss withdrew Castineiras in the 58th minute and the player was told the news about his father in the dressing room

damn...that could be real painful for the player..
    imagine the father coming with a lot of pride to see his son there but then...

the memories will be taunting that player everytime he plays in that ground or against that team..
    Originally posted by siavasharian
    ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
    بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Wow...

I guess he got to go doing something that made him happy at least

RIP

Comment

That's so sad

The old man died seeing his son perform on the pitch...RIP
      sigpic

Comment

is'nt that the club that wanted khatibi?!

Comment

"the rumoured" one..yea...

well..im not sure it was a rumour or not..
          Originally posted by siavasharian
          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Working...
          X